1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scuffs in the star

8d04d41c5617184cd8f28528b483ac19.jpg

Mine doesn't have those, that is not meant to be there. I'd get a replacement.

just posted my video review of this guy! If anyone is intrested you can check it here! https://youtu.be/O4gNsKvH634

Nice job:clap! It's great to reviews that pick up on all the impressive details re this fig - was better than I thought it would be for sure. It IS a great rifle but I managed to snap off a leg just opening the legs up:horror, so the rifle is staying in Bucky's hands.

Couple of things...

1) I'd discuss the sculpt:monkey3 - think there's room for improvement,:cool: but already went round about that way earlier...glad you like it. I'm happier than I thought I would be tho....

2) The zipper does "work" - if you pinch your fingernails around the zipper (don't use the tab) you can move it. Not much point tho, it's stitched at the bottom - so it "works" but not really.

3) Since I spent all afternoon futzing *sigh* if folks care, get the padded suit off because the cheap dye re that suit is staining the body. Again. My WS body/neck is stained, and it was already happening on CW Bucky. It may matter to some folks - wish HT would stop w. the cheap black dye for those suits.

Love my original WS but there's something to be said about being able to futz w. an excellent figure and not worry about tiny button studs falling off and lots of small weapons that might accidently vanish!

Love my original WS but there's something to be said about being able to futz w. an excellent figure and not worry about tiny button studs falling off and lots of small weapons that might accidently vanish!
It's kinda funny coz I read that everywhere and people have been warning me nonstop but even though I've been posing my TWS Buck a lot, none of the buttons has ever come off. They're too stubborn on mine, I guess. :lol

It's kinda funny coz I read that everywhere and people have been warning me nonstop but even though I've been posing my TWS Buck a lot, none of the buttons has ever come off. They're too stubborn on mine, I guess. :lol

That's the way it should be! but spent some time re-gluing those jacket studs, used up all the spares, and I still need another stud for a back pocket...but I love that fig. I love my new Buckys. I love my Caps...so far the only figure bugging me is WS Widow, 'coz of those tight pants I can't do the pose I wanted.

That's the way it should be! but spent some time re-gluing those jacket studs, used up all the spares, and I still need another stud for a back pocket...but I love that fig. I love my new Buckys. I love my Caps...so far the only figure bugging me is WS Widow, 'coz of those tight pants I can't do the pose I wanted.

i took out my old winter soldier the other day to compare and noticed i was missing a stud too! i was messing around with it and then proceeded to see the right sleeve was developing a tear down the seam (which was also a noted problem when it was released). needless to say, after some repairs, i'm never touching this figure ever again

i took out my old winter soldier the other day to compare and noticed i was missing a stud too! i was messing around with it and then proceeded to see the right sleeve was developing a tear down the seam (which was also a noted problem when it was released). needless to say, after some repairs, i'm never touching this figure ever again
Damn, so glad I got a spare vest and undershirt. ^^'' I'd hate for this figure to be damaged. Maybe I should get 2nd pair of pants too ...

For sure. For me - not experienced - taking WS costume off and re-dressing was terrifying:horror. The double strap that goes over his shoulder needed re-gluing, as did a pouch - e.g. seems like whatever glue HT used got a bit dry. But even w. the issues I have a real soft spot for this fig - think HT did an incredible job e.g. didn't realize how complicated that WS outfit was.

Damn, so glad I got a spare vest and undershirt. ^^'' I'd hate for this figure to be damaged. Maybe I should get 2nd pair of pants too ...

Just my opinion having taken those pants off LOL - those seem pretty sturdy. Am all for spares but pants w. attached belt seemed good. Funny - I was getting tired and accidently put CW pants on WS - looked great, took me a while to realize something was wrong here. CW Bucky has great pants too.:lol

i would also note that i'm not sure that the torn seam in the shirt was held together by a stitch, and looks to be held together with likely fabric glue? the weren't any loose threads and the tear basically extended the entire length of the clothing overlap. makes me think the glue dried out and the figure is likely to continue falling apart. i may have to invest in spare clothing as well, if they can still be found. taking the figure does look difficult though, as sassafras pointed out.

Just my opinion having taken those pants off LOL - those seem pretty sturdy. Am all for spares but pants w. attached belt seemed good. Funny - I was getting tired and accidently put CW pants on WS - looked great, took me a while to realize something was wrong here. CW Bucky has great pants too.:lol
Oh I don't worry that they suddenly start falling apart. I know they're sturdy. However, with the way I sometimes display him and use the stand they do get dents on certain parts. They don't seem to be permanent but you never know.

i would also note that i'm not sure that the torn seam in the shirt was held together by a stitch, and looks to be held together with likely fabric glue? the weren't any loose threads and the tear basically extended the entire length of the clothing overlap. makes me think the glue dried out and the figure is likely to continue falling apart. i may have to invest in spare clothing as well, if they can still be found. taking the figure does look difficult though, as sassafras pointed out.

Have to look at mine. Always thought seam problems were from the seam being to close to the fabric edge, not from HT using glue for entire seams. You can find xtra clothes time to time, but expensive. Also any parted out clothes are ~3 years old now, too, for WS.

Re a clothing/body switch WS/CW, NOT a job for when you are in a bad mood, for sure. Probably other directions in the WS thread, but:

1. You'll need needle and black thread, small sharp scissors, fabric glue, toothpicks, hair dryer or hot water, (and maybe needle nose pliers and super glue if a peg breaks.)

2. Take everyone's head, feet, hands off.

3. WS belt and pants come off together. There's a hook and loop in back for the belt, undo and remove pants and belt.

4. WS harness - there's a tacking stitch you can get to under the top layers of front shoulder straps. Peel those back in front and cut the stitch to open the shoulder strap. Carefully ease off harness. Only need to cut one side.

5. WS jacket is velcroed, you can ease off figure, then the shirt.

6. CW jacket is stitched at the bottom of zipper, cut the stitches, peel everything off.

Redress everyone, replace tack stitches, reglue with fabric glue, replace all the heads etc.

It's the tight tailoring and easing the clothes over the arms plus getting the heads on and off. Slow and easy...

I reckon that a body switch with TWS Buck and CW Buck is a piece of cake compared to the SS/CW Cap switch. :rotfl Some of the worst memories of my hobby life.

I reckon that a body switch with TWS Buck and CW Buck is a piece of cake compared to the SS/CW Cap switch. :rotfl Some of the worst memories of my hobby life.

Really:horror? LOL I am such an innocent - haven't looked at my Caps in that way, but guess I vaguely thought Cap generally had a neatly velcro-ed uniform in back - guess not:slap.

And someone got their clothes ON, so there has to be a way to get them OFF, and back on. Somehow.:lol

Is everybody's CW Buckys shipping now? I ended up liking the fig so much debating on another one$$$ he's a lot of fun to work with and so much custom potential. $$$$$:horror!!! Another CW Cap would be nice, too.:monkey3

Nice job:clap! It's great to reviews that pick up on all the impressive details re this fig - was better than I thought it would be for sure. It IS a great rifle but I managed to snap off a leg just opening the legs up:horror, so the rifle is staying in Bucky's hands.

Couple of things...

1) I'd discuss the sculpt:monkey3 - think there's room for improvement,:cool: but already went round about that way earlier...glad you like it. I'm happier than I thought I would be tho....

2) The zipper does "work" - if you pinch your fingernails around the zipper (don't use the tab) you can move it. Not much point tho, it's stitched at the bottom - so it "works" but not really.

3) Since I spent all afternoon futzing *sigh* if folks care, get the padded suit off because the cheap dye re that suit is staining the body. Again. My WS body/neck is stained, and it was already happening on CW Bucky. It may matter to some folks - wish HT would stop w. the cheap black dye for those suits.

Thanks for checking out the review!!! I guess I didn't mess with the zipper enough! I just tried to lightly move it down and it didn't seem to move so I figured it wasn't functioning. Yea I guess I'm extremely easy to please when it comes to the sculpts. I've spent most of the collecting years in Diamond select figures so almost every hot toy just blows my mind haha! Only been collecting Hot Toys for a Year now! Yea I've been extremely cautious with the gun. Got Bucky posed with it the way I wanted and that's more than likely how he will stay for quite some time!

Thanks for checking out the review!!! I guess I didn't mess with the zipper enough! I just tried to lightly move it down and it didn't seem to move so I figured it wasn't functioning. Yea I guess I'm extremely easy to please when it comes to the sculpts. I've spent most of the collecting years in Diamond select figures so almost every hot toy just blows my mind haha! Only been collecting Hot Toys for a Year now! Yea I've been extremely cautious with the gun. Got Bucky posed with it the way I wanted and that's more than likely how he will stay for quite some time![/QUOTE-

It's all good - excellent review IMO:) - LOL don't mean to sound like a PILL, I'm pretty new collecting HT too! WS is my fav character, so guess I want utter perfection for him:cool: - but getting the fig under bright light, the paint jobs on mine are *unnervingly* detailed - don't know how HT does eyes like that!

Appreciate you really looked at the details!:clap Yeah, that rifle - carefully made - but so fragile...don't own Hawkeye but re posts seems like his quiver and arrows may be the same - you hafta be careful.:horror

Really:horror? LOL I am such an innocent - haven't looked at my Caps in that way, but guess I vaguely thought Cap generally had a neatly velcro-ed uniform in back - guess not:slap.

And someone got their clothes ON, so there has to be a way to get them OFF, and back on. Somehow.:lol
Yes, I got the clothes off and on that's why I'm saying IT IS A NIGHTMARE. :horror It's so stressful that I just can't get myself to switch out the undershirt (that really needs switching out) ... I really want my Cap to wear an undamaged shirt but then I remember the hours it took me to get him out of the clothes and them back on and I just ... don't wanna do it anymore. Maybe for some it's easy, it isn't for me and if you think changing Buck’s body isn't easy, you'll hate Cap.

As far as I can tell from your explanation Buck is just "cut a bit here cut a bit there reglue it here". Cap is like trying to fit into those jeans you love so much but that are now 3 sizes too small for you and trying to get out of a skintight chain mail on your own without breaking anything (with long hair!).

Yes, I got the clothes off and on that's why I'm saying IT IS A NIGHTMARE. :horror It's so stressful that I just can't get myself to switch out the undershirt (that really needs switching out) ... I really want my Cap to wear an undamaged shirt but then I remember the hours it took me to get him out of the clothes and them back on and I just ... don't wanna do it anymore. Maybe for some it's easy, it isn't for me and if you think changing Buck’s body isn't easy, you'll hate Cap.

As far as I can tell from your explanation Buck is just "cut a bit here cut a bit there reglue it here". Cap is like trying to fit into those jeans you love so much but that are now 3 sizes too small for you and trying to get out of a skintight chain mail on your own without breaking anything (with long hair!).

This is funny:rotfl but sounds HELLISH too - seems like there were so many Cap mods that I didn't think he was that difficult. OMG:horror.

I like futzing but not when there's a real chance of damaging a *pricey* fig/costume. Doesn't sound like I'll ever be touching my Caps. WS's thing is really the tight fit of the harness, jacket, and shirt, but you can pull the arms straight back or up and ease off, from one side to another, carefully. Think my WS Cap is just gonna have to live w. that flat chest:lol.

My Civil War Bucky came in tonight! :yess::panic:

He looks really great! I think the sculpt is fantastic in person, and I am so impressed with the detail on his gun and the shinier arm. Had to rearrange my Cap shelf to fit him in, but he was so worth it. Perfect next to my CW Cap. I'll try and snap a picture tomorrow if I get a chance.

After over a year of having him on PO, it feels weird knowing he's finally settled in :lol

Now on to waiting for the next one... (and the next and the next) :wink1:

Back