1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got some time to mess around with Bucky last night! Really impressed with this figure a ton of fun to pose and looks fantastic with my Civil War Cap and AoU Mark 45. Should have my full video review up this evening but here are some of the pics I took with him.

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

The electroplated shields on TFA and A1 CA figures still flaked despite being handled with reasonable care. Certainly hope the new metal arm on this figure won't suffer the same fate. If I had to venture I guess I'd say I think it'll be fine, but I'm only guessing.

Got me on that one. *meh*. Suppose it's wishful thinking on my part that faced w. complaints of pink panties, splitting rubber arms, oily Batsuits, and peeling shields that HT never responds, but quietly fixes the problem w. the next release...at least, I hope so re WS. :dunno

I went through a lot of the peeling shield threads (and own one I need to re-paint tho I bought it for custom) - guess re that thread, it's 1) possible to coat shield, arm, etc. w. sealer (which seems to help) and 2) probably I'd go screaming to the Custom forum for advice. It IS a beautiful arm, wouldn't mind upgrading my WS$$$$$. Except I'd want the hands/fingers to gleam too. Time to learn more about painting.:cool:

Finally got some time to mess around with Bucky last night! Really impressed with this figure a ton of fun to pose and looks fantastic with my Civil War Cap and AoU Mark 45. Should have my full video review up this evening but here are some of the pics I took with him.

Thanks for those pics kg! Just haven't had the time to do much w. Bucky yet, but your pics look great.:clap Yeah, I am more impressed than I thought I would be - great clean paint, sturdy, just perfect w. my CW Cap, fantastic detailing on the costume and hair. Rifle may be fragile but IMO it's a little work of art.

I'm glad because waited for HT to ship the last of the CW line-up for so long, maybe it's not true, but BP, Falcon, and Bucky were beginning to feel like afterthoughts or something for HT (to me). Like they'd never arrive. :(

Bucky is all over E-bay now:cool:, so hope that means everyone who ordered is getting ship notices!

I have to get my Bucky fig, but Bucky without plums only a half superhero...., so he got plums directly from Europe

Those are some gorgeous plums:clap - only the BEST for Bucky!:cool:

Plums.jpg

Yeaaahhh, sometimes all I see is.....plums........
433667435rs.jpg

OMG!!! :clap:clap:clap

(BTW, did you touch up your Bucky? I swear his eyes look *smouldery* or maybe that's the lighting...Yeah, I know there are some manufacturing paint differences. I'll be stuffing one Bucky into his civvie outfit this weekend - yours looks amazing!)

Thank you! :) I did only eyebrows, a bit darker, but will keep the other one "as is" for a comparison. THO I can't get rid of the urge to try to remove his plastic hair, which is worse.....:rotfl

Oh, I've got the urge too:cool:. Think HT has done a great job w. the hair, but...but - just took a good look at Bucky and there's ears under that hair...pry the hair off, sand/repaint, some Kumik hair or human hair...Bucky w. a mop of silky hair, being able to wear that ball cap, staging that end fight - argh:horror! I'm too happy w. my originals to dive in, but already on the prowl for some spares...I'm dying to smoke up the eyes as well.:monkey3 (Like it's all so easy)

Gotta keep busy waiting for Infinity Wars tho!:lol

Thanks for those pics kg! Just haven't had the time to do much w. Bucky yet, but your pics look great.:clap Yeah, I am more impressed than I thought I would be - great clean paint, sturdy, just perfect w. my CW Cap, fantastic detailing on the costume and hair. Rifle may be fragile but IMO it's a little work of art.

I'm glad because waited for HT to ship the last of the CW line-up for so long, maybe it's not true, but BP, Falcon, and Bucky were beginning to feel like afterthoughts or something for HT (to me). Like they'd never arrive. :(

Bucky is all over E-bay now:cool:, so hope that means everyone who ordered is getting ship notices!

Even when I was unboxing him I was still a bit disappointed in the figure. But once I got it out and into more natural poses Bucky just seemed to come alive. He is an absolute blast to pose and I think having him posed with Cap just furthers how awesome he is. The gun does frighten me just a bit. Even after an hour of posing him around and messing with the gun I'm still finding parts on it that move I didn't know did. As amazing as the mechanics and details are on the gun I'm afraid I'm going to break something off really easily though. My only gripe with the figure would be the lack of accessories and even that doesn't really bother me just would of been nice to have a more aggressive head sculpt or even maybe the severed arm as well. But overall I love this guy.

Now I just wished I would of jumped on the rest of the civil war line. I originally just wanted Cap, Bucky and Iron Man so that's what I picked up. Now I'm kicking my self for passing on Black Panther and falcon... oh well. There is always Infinity War.

Even when I was unboxing him I was still a bit disappointed in the figure. But once I got it out and into more natural poses Bucky just seemed to come alive. He is an absolute blast to pose and I think having him posed with Cap just furthers how awesome he is. The gun does frighten me just a bit. Even after an hour of posing him around and messing with the gun I'm still finding parts on it that move I didn't know did. As amazing as the mechanics and details are on the gun I'm afraid I'm going to break something off really easily though. My only gripe with the figure would be the lack of accessories and even that doesn't really bother me just would of been nice to have a more aggressive head sculpt or even maybe the severed arm as well. But overall I love this guy.

Now I just wished I would of jumped on the rest of the civil war line. I originally just wanted Cap, Bucky and Iron Man so that's what I picked up. Now I'm kicking my self for passing on Black Panther and falcon... oh well. There is always Infinity War.

you do know those figures havent even been released yet in the US. They can be had at many websites for retail.

Yeah, I was working on restraining myself:lol - Falcon, Cap, Bucky. Hah! True enough, you can go to the 'bay and pick up the CW figs - prices are all over the place at the moment - haven't checked retail but decided I want SW too. Still not sure about BP re the suit lasting, tho haven't read any complaints so far.

BP and Bucky - think both are deceptively simple. Not saying HT couldn't have done more - Bucky could have come with a shield, and so could BP; they could have thrown in an Antman, heck, either one could have been paired with a generic SWAT figure and BP could have had more hands. But totally agree this fig can be brought alive re poses, way better than I thought he would be. He's great with Cap; looks great on the shelf:clap. Glad it's the weekend so I can futz with him some more.:cool:

Received from Sideshow today and noticed this. Does the star have scuffs like this by design or should I ask for a replacement?
86ebff753c43527ebf59619c776544a7.jpg

Last edited:
They don't appear to be on mine. If it's something that bothers you, send them the pictures and ask for a replacement.

Just a couple comparison pics of my two Winter Soldiers. I know there isn't a lot of "stuff" with the Civil War version of this action figure but they really did justice for him in other areas of the figure.DSCN3579.jpg,DSCN3580.jpg

Back