1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c03befda0324f12592096945eb71520d.jpg
45950fcfbd9a870d29e9245b62cb642e.jpg

Couple more I found on FB

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

It's such a shame that they couldn't give us a second head sculpt . A Very vanilla figure . Looks great for static poses though .

LOL - well, I see my figures through a macro lens - kind of:cool:. Portrait, costume, accessories - those details are what I'm paying for, IMO. Like I'm a bit calmer maybe than some? about the problems w. CW Cap shield straps, because while they may be a pain, even if you don't see them on display, they look really cool.[emoji38]

Re the pics you list - that's the thing tho. The first two are the original protos from early 2016, the other an actual in-hand pic. It's not that I don't get that there can't be huge differences in photos/lighting. But IMO the flip side of that is cameras don't lie. (Also, to a degree, at least w. lighting, you can do some tweaking to an image). IMO for whatever reason, the portrait? paint? on this fig was altered enough to end up w. a more generic portrait. HT never seems to explain themselves, so I can't ask why:confused: - maybe it's cheaper to produce, maybe they over-thought things.

LOL blah blah:cool:. Anyway:peace. I DO know that Sebastian Stan looked "different" in CW, and I don't mean bulked up or not - seems like he is just able to - and it can be subtle - almost appear like different people just using his face. (The Russos have commented on this, more or less, and it's probably why Seb's WS was so successful even tho he didn't say much. Probably a nightmare for anyone trying to do a portrait of him tho.)

And I do appreciate fellow Freaks being reassuring:). Because, probably like a lot folks, I just can't afford stuff I don't like on the shelf:(. I don't sell my stuff - or at least, I haven't yet. Nothing to do now but wait (and pay off the PO:impatient:). And wait for Falcon:(. And THANK YOU BENCONALLIN for posting those pics, because looks like:

View attachment 313904
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

I still think this looks great.. The face looks perfectly fine to me. My one and only criticism is that I wish the elbow joint of the metal arm had a larger range. I would like to have seen them implement something similar to the way the iron man armors elbows are articulated. Use the double joints and maybe add the pull-down mechanism.

I'm sure some wouldn't like the seams it would add, but it's something I could live with if the articulation was improved because of it.

I honestly think they both great, I'm sure we will see more sculpt improvements in the future. I only noticed that SW Bucky has a bit light eyebrows compare to/in a real life/movie and especially compare to his hair color. Maybe the whole HT idea was to make him more "human" like and much softer compare to his brainwashed Winter Soldier version. I love both figures and I'm keeping my PO.
I was wondering how long it takes to start shipping from a SS warehouse after the release? I got my first order through them just recently.

I honestly think they both great, I'm sure we will see more sculpt improvements in the future. I only noticed that SW Bucky has a bit light eyebrows compare to/in a real life/movie and especially compare to his hair color. Maybe the whole HT idea was to make him more "human" like and much softer compare to his brainwashed Winter Soldier version. I love both figures and I'm keeping my PO.
I was wondering how long it takes to start shipping from a SS warehouse after the release? I got my first order through them just recently.

How long until sideshow starts shipping to customers? About 4 to 6 weeks (roughly).

They look great together, can't wait till he's released. My final payment got pushed back till the end of next month. I may try to pay him off early if they let me once he's officially been released.

Back