1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scored him for $380 aud shipped,the guy only had 2 up for sale and he was by far the cheapest,everybody else was in the $450-$500 plus mark

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

I'm sure he will drop more in price soon with some eBay sellers

He will definitely drop in price imo. TWS one didn't sell so well if I remember correctly and this one here barely comes with anything so just wait a bit and he'll drop.

It's like with anything, only the hardcore fans will pay increased prices to get it right after release, and once they all have it, prices will drop.

Scored him for $380 aud shipped,the guy only had 2 up for sale and he was by far the cheapest,everybody else was in the $450-$500 plus mark

Dang :lol Lucky you!!!

He will definitely drop in price imo. TWS one didn't sell so well if I remember correctly and this one here barely comes with anything so just wait a bit and he'll drop.

It's like with anything, only the hardcore fans will pay increased prices to get it right after release, and once they all have it, prices will drop.

Yeah he definitely will drop in price. I'm a hardcore fan for sure but I wouldn't pay $500 nzd for any figure that comes with as little as this one. It's okay though, I'll be patient. I'll save my money up, and whichever comes first: a retailer getting him in, or ebay users dropping their price: that's when I'll buy :lol

My Bucky with his new boots! I have the spare shirt to try dying it too.

3c2fc1d72f56407eebd201eda4796e35.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Seph 7 STOP!!...........YOUR GONNA KILL SOMEONE!!!

Got tired of waiting for this to come out so I did an experiment and it worked beautifully. Debating if I need to pick this up now.

Longing, rusted, furnace, daybreak, seventeen, benign, nine, homecoming, one, freight car

GOOD MORNING SOLDIER

View attachment 312254

And one with rooted hair sculpt!!

View attachment 312255

Even though the chrome attempt on my winter soldier worked and looks amazing, I still caved in and PO'd this version as well.

I'm curious to see if there is any difference in the size of the metal arm between TWS Bucky and CW Bucky. Anyone have a side by side they could post? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

With absolutely no offense meant we heard this exact line of reasoning when Loki v1.0 was due. Loki is perhaps in HTs Top Five Best Likenesses Ever and still complaining about the sculpt.

Posting five different pix of Sebastian using five different angles, light sources, times of day, amounts of stubble etc
And ONE persons pic of a just deboxed figure is supposed to match all of those pix. This expectation is not realistic.
Its just not!!!

Lets get him in hand and then see. We might see something really amazing! We might not but usually HT is pretty good with the likenesses.

Yeah he definitely will drop in price. I'm a hardcore fan for sure but I wouldn't pay $500 nzd for any figure that comes with as little as this one. It's okay though, I'll be patient. I'll save my money up, and whichever comes first: a retailer getting him in, or ebay users dropping their price: that's when I'll buy :lol

I personally wouldn't pay $500 for any one single figure, regardless of what it came with. :lol

The only set I paid $500 for was the DX07 Bespin Luke, but it came with two figures, a myriad of accessories for display options and three different display bases/stands. One of HT's best, in my opinion.

I was gonna snag him from a HK seller, but he's around 350! I was surprised. I'll just wait for SS I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally wouldn't pay $500 for any one single figure, regardless of what it came with. :lol

The only set I paid $500 for was the DX07 Bespin Luke, but it came with two figures, a myriad of accessories for display options and three different display bases/stands. One of HT's best, in my opinion.

I would pay $500 for a Ronan, if that's what it took to put one on my shelf :p

(to be fair he's my most wanted)

I would pay $500 for a Ronan, if that's what it took to put one on my shelf :p

(to be fair he's my most wanted)

The true price/value of a figure is how much it's worth to you. :)

Figures that I know without a doubt that I want on my shelf in my collection, I PO at retail. If the figure gets discounted later on, I have no regrets PO'ing it at retail because I knew without a doubt that I wanted it in my collection, so it was worth retail to me.

Some figures I would like to have, but they're not necessarily worth retail to me. Therefore, I just wait to see if you can snare them later on at a discounted price. If the price stays the same (retail) or climbs on the secondary market, I don't have any regrets either because it was a figure I would have liked to have, but not necessarily one that I felt I absolutely needed.

Then there's figures on the secondary market that I absolutely want in my collection that are at times going for over retail, but I still have a maximum price on what I'm willing to pay for it. DX07 was one of those. I got it for $500 and that was the highest I was willing to go.

Plenty more HK eBay sellers will have him very soon,and they won't be priced at the ridiculous prices they have him at now,there's one on eBay from a Japanese seller who hasen't even got it in hand yet and is laughably asking over $600 aud,I noticed some moron is watching it,why? I have no idea.
Looking forward to unboxing this one and seeing this headsculpt in hand,tailoring looks top notch

9fdfdb7e27a3cd9f414c4abafb484aca.jpg

Trauling through Instagram to find more pics

View attachment 313738

Well, yeah, I have put up a lot of comparison pix, for what they may be worth:cool:. If I was futzing around anyway, why not let other people look too:cool:? Because I was just plain baffled by what I was seeing, or thought I was seeing:confused:. On the other hand, Sebastian Stan can look pretty different, scene to scene - great actor. So I wondered where HT was going w. these apparent final production sculpts/paint jobs. Because it IS Hot Toys, and they already had a great proto for this fig, IMO. Great paint. All they had to do was replicate it.

So, for now, if I'm really miserable when I open the box, well, there are options $$$$. But honestly, if this wasn't CW Bucky and part of my fav trio I'd cancel and wait for more in-hand images, at the least.

This is a great example of what I was talking about:

pic 1 is someone's cell-phone pic, taken at a show through glass

pic 2 is from HT's own set of "beauty" shots, taken in optimum lighting and posing conditions

pic 3 is... not sure.

The lighting in all three of these is soooooo different.

When I debox my own figure, its always so different from what the online pix have led me to expect. You don't see your figure through a macro lens as many online pix have led you to sort of expect. But I have yet to NOT be delighted.

Bucky looks a lot different in CW than he did in WS. He really does.

Online pix are really confusing. I nearly cancelled my Suicide Squad Harley statue/Blu-ray package when I saw various collector pix of her. I ended up not doing that, I now own this statue and I love it. I love CW Cap, and I think when we see Cap and Bucky together they are going to make the strings of our hearts go zing.

If they don't... there's always the secondary market. Or the return option....

Peace :cool:

9fdfdb7e27a3cd9f414c4abafb484aca.jpg

Trauling through Instagram to find more pics
Looking good! :D

This is a great example of what I was talking about:

pic 1 is someone's cell-phone pic, taken at a show through glass

pic 2 is from HT's own set of "beauty" shots, taken in optimum lighting and posing conditions

pic 3 is... not sure.

The lighting in all three of these is soooooo different.
Couldn’t agree more. Of course the figure is gonna look better in that high quality promo shot compared to a lousy mobile shot with artificial light. Seriously, why anyone would consider cancelling a preorder based on those shots is beyond me.

Chill people. Sit back and wait for better pics and a video review.

I personally can't wait for Buck to find his way here and I'm sure I'll love the figure despite a few flaws. :)

Back