1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't even find a review on you tube for him yet

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

I caved and ordered from HK so I'll have a review in a few days

d14f6b4f43cc48517499700586c42849.jpg

Look forward to seeing that! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know right?! :gah: Somehow Black Panther is hogging all the attention. XD

Well, admittedly BP looks very cool. For me it's the BP long claws. But that's not to say one figure is "better" than the other. I won't touch BP until reviews are out and there is a better idea of what that suit material is.

And IMO HT could have treated BP, WS, and Falcon better - no word on CW Falcon at all:(, and it wouldn't have hurt to include a scratched shield w. WS and a head sculpt w. BP. Oh, well, there's always custom accessories - still keeping an eye out for a 1:6 motorcycle that would work w. Bucky - will work harder at that through the summer.

Meanwhile, I'm also gonna CHERISH my CW Cap, checked SSC and now waitlisted:horror but since he was low stock I think that means he's gone at SSC anyway.

Well, admittedly BP looks very cool. For me it's the BP long claws. But that's not to say one figure is "better" than the other. I won't touch BP until reviews are out and there is a better idea of what that suit material is.

And IMO HT could have treated BP, WS, and Falcon better - no word on CW Falcon at all:(, and it wouldn't have hurt to include a scratched shield w. WS and a head sculpt w. BP. Oh, well, there's always custom accessories - still keeping an eye out for a 1:6 motorcycle that would work w. Bucky - will work harder at that through the summer.

Meanwhile, I'm also gonna CHERISH my CW Cap, checked SSC and now waitlisted:horror but since he was low stock I think that means he's gone at SSC anyway.
Of course BP looks cool! He stole my heart too .. and my money, coz I preordered him despite wanting to wait for his solo movie version. XD And I don't think that all the attention BP gets means he's a better figure. He's just freaking awesome. I mean, look how smooth he looks, have you checked the thighs? holy ... He looks cool in a Batman kinda way and seeing how great articulation is, of course lots of people are interested. Meanwhile, WS is the 2nd Buck and he just doesn't look as impressive as BP which has nothing to do with HT but with the character and outfit design. But I'm sure we'll get a few reviews soon.

Of course BP looks cool! He stole my heart too .. and my money, coz I preordered him despite wanting to wait for his solo movie version. XD And I don't think that all the attention BP gets means he's a better figure. He's just freaking awesome. I mean, look how smooth he looks, have you checked the thighs? holy ... He looks cool in a Batman kinda way and seeing how great articulation is, of course lots of people are interested. Meanwhile, WS is the 2nd Buck and he just doesn't look as impressive as BP which has nothing to do with HT but with the character and outfit design. But I'm sure we'll get a few reviews soon.

LOL I have a brother who always sez "you can't go wrong with black". I agree:cool:. OMG, you're getting BP? That's awesome:rock! (no pun intended LOL:lol). I know what you are saying about WS - it's a different kind of thing when the character is mostly in street clothes and re the film wasn't loaded up w. weapons or magical effects or even Hawkeye's arrows. Still, I am fully appreciative of Bucky's cargo pants and jacket and general overall awesomeness. AND from the looks of the OSK KO photos (which to me are really good pics even if it's a KO) there's a huge amount of detail going on:love.

HT does look like it did a great job w. BP - claws, suit, EYES. Even IS apparently only painted the eyes white, while HT has that cool mesh effect:love. My plan was to get Bucky and Falcon in, and pick up some other characters like BP this summer - if BP's suit is something folks are happy with, in hand. Even if a "fully loaded" BP ever comes out (cape, etc.) for me, it's always gonna be THIS BP where the character was introduced, and THIS BP that was chasing Bucky. I doubt I'd ever use a BP portrait w. this fig even if they had offered one. Since BP helped Cap and Bucky it sort of feels off to NOT have a BP to display re CW, for me. And BP is just plain cool.:lol

Couldn't get all the HTs I would have liked right now:(, 'coz of having IS POs *what a mess*:horrors, and also I've got ASMUS Thranduil on PO at BBTS and the AC Play Bucky PO'd $$$. Tho maybe in the end I will have to pay a bit more for Cap's team.:slap but for me it's a lot for Q1/Q2 $$$:horror. Well, IF these companies are on schedule. More or less.:pray:

Not my pic, saw it on Facebook and damn, look at that! ♥
15781447_1377905395564715_8219669715603938765_n.jpg

BP and WS both look so cool together like this! :clap

LOL I have a brother who always sez "you can't go wrong with black". I agree:cool:. OMG, you're getting BP? That's awesome:rock! (no pun intended LOL:lol). I know what you are saying about WS - it's a different kind of thing when the character is mostly in street clothes and re the film wasn't loaded up w. weapons or magical effects or even Hawkeye's arrows. Still, I am fully appreciative of Bucky's cargo pants and jacket and general overall awesomeness. AND from the looks of the OSK KO photos (which to me are really good pics even if it's a KO) there's a huge amount of detail going on:love.
Yeah, I couldn't resist Black Panther, he just looks way too gorgeous. Have you seen the review at Youtube? He looks good in almost any pose and you really can get looooads of poses coz articulation is amazing. Figures like this are also a bit more versatile than figures with head sculpts, ya know? I mean, look at Buck, I like the head sculpt and the figure itself but there's not much you can do with him. You can make him stand there holding the gun, not holding the gun but it will be hard to get a real action pose that doesn't look off due to the facial expression. For me it's fine coz I rarely go for real action poses but for others it might be the way to go. Black Panther on the other hand, you can have him crouching, jumping, running, clawing someone's eyes out and it looks cool coz on top of the awesome suit, he's got the mask so you're never gonna think "hmm ... that expression doesn't really suit the scene". ^^

That being said, I'm waiting for someone to post a video review of Buck, so come on guys! :clap

Not my pic, saw it on Facebook and damn, look at that! ♥
15781447_1377905395564715_8219669715603938765_n.jpg

BP and WS both look so cool together like this! :clap

Yeah, I couldn't resist Black Panther, he just looks way too gorgeous. Have you seen the review at Youtube? He looks good in almost any pose and you really can get looooads of poses coz articulation is amazing. Figures like this are also a bit more versatile than figures with head sculpts, ya know? I mean, look at Buck, I like the head sculpt and the figure itself but there's not much you can do with him. You can make him stand there holding the gun, not holding the gun but it will be hard to get a real action pose that doesn't look off due to the facial expression. For me it's fine coz I rarely go for real action poses but for others it might be the way to go. Black Panther on the other hand, you can have him crouching, jumping, running, clawing someone's eyes out and it looks cool coz on top of the awesome suit, he's got the mask so you're never gonna think "hmm ... that expression doesn't really suit the scene". ^^

That being said, I'm waiting for someone to post a video review of Buck, so come on guys! :clap

Oooh - THANK YOU. That's a great display! :love Oh gawd, I'm so WEAK. I mean, I've already been re-thinking BP because, yah know, even in my worst imaginings re the suit they DO make all kinds of repair kits and flexible paint and it's *bleep* a BLACK suit blah blah and I think I have a coupon that would work:idea. (LOL re that review I was waiting for the guy to comment on the material and he sez "I don't know fabric" or something like that, and all I could think was why don't you just feel BP up then? :lol I mean, rubber or cloth or what????)

Hear yah about Bucky's stoic expression - guess I hadn't given it a lot of thought because Bucky looks like that a lot, and I was vaguely thinking of my first display being more "museum" w. Cap and Buck (tho I really want to do civvie Buck on apartment stairs too). But there are certain film scenes - I mean, that close-up of Bucky *almost* tearing out IM's reactor is just IMO classic:love (what can we say, the camera loves Seb) but re the HT fig - no dice for that one IMO. For me it's OK to have the stoic/smoulder thing going on re the fig, but it may bother some other people. Then again, I worry that any "emotion sculpt" might come off looking stupid w. any fig or poly - depends I guess (and I think Cap looks great!!!!:clap)

Can't match the newer pics but from fall Singapore toy show *idea*. Tho I don't think HT will ever release a giant Ant Man.:lol:lol:lol

https://jeddjong.wordpress.com/tag/stgcc-2016/

Hot_toys_civil_war_Singapore_toy_2016.jpg

airport1.jpg

airport2.jpg

Where can I find a 1/6 Harley?
I'd say, check Ebay.

The guy at FB said it's made by Tamiya though I'm not sure if it's a model kit or not. My WWII Harley is by ZY Toys and they also got at least 1 modern Harley.

zy-bike03.jpg

BBTS actually has that one in-stock -> here

I'm not sure this sculpt is superior - I mean, I understand what you're saying:). And I know LOL:horse:horse:horse, but:

View attachment 314771

1. Left side: appears to have a tungsten-type light shining on it, or maybe two tungsten lights, one from each side - this is expert-quality lighting, and

2. Right side: has one "warmer"-colored light shining on it...?

What are the other differences?...? Am I missing something?

At this point I'm about to urge you to cancel this figure, since I don't think there's any possibility it will be perfect enough for you when you get it.

In other news, I own the MoS General Zod. He has a grimacing facial sculpt. While I don't mind it, it ALSO limits his posing options so be careful what you wish for.... I prefer more neutral sculpts, myself, you have more leeway with them.

I just don't understand how this is not an amazing figure. He's differently-lit though, so this is bad? Perhaps I need new glasses. TUNGSTEN LIGHT OR FAIL, I guess....? *clueless*

attachment.php

Bucky arrived today! I'm trying to get my computer to work so I can post pics here, but in the meantime pics will be up on my insta soon. As soon as I stop freaking out :)

1. Left side: appears to have a tungsten-type light shining on it,

2. Right side: has a "warmer"-colored light shining on it...?

What are the other differences?...? Am I missing something?

At this point I'm about to urge you to cancel this figure, since I don't think there's any possibility it will be perfect enough for you when you get it.

In other news, I own the MoS General Zod. He has a grimacing facial sculpt. While I don't mind it, it ALSO limits his posing options so be careful what you wish for.... I prefer more neutral sculpts, myself, you have more leeway with them.
Regarding the comparison pics, I gotta agree. ^^ The only difference I see is that one has colder light than the other and that the angles are different. It's the same sculpt to me.

Regarding the expression, I don't want HT to drop that stoic expression and give him an angry one instead. I want them to give him both like they did with CW Cap. :) Considering how little Buck comes with another head sculpt would have been very much appreciated and the costs should have been covered with his price. Then again, BP should have come with an unmasked head too ... -____-'''

Bucky arrived today! I'm trying to get my computer to work so I can post pics here, but in the meantime pics will be up on my insta soon. As soon as I stop freaking out :)
Oooooh post pics please!! :D How's articulation?

Regarding the comparison pics, I gotta agree. ^^ The only difference I see is that one has colder light than the other and that the angles are different. It's the same sculpt to me.

Regarding the expression, I don't want HT to drop that stoic expression and give him an angry one instead. I want them to give him both like they did with CW Cap. :) Considering how little Buck comes with another head sculpt would have been very much appreciated and the costs should have been covered with his price. Then again, BP should have come with an unmasked head too ... -____-'''

Oooooh post pics please!! :D How's articulation?

It's pretty great! Pretty standard since he's wearing fairy loose clothes. I do have to warn you guys to be careful when taking the plastic things off the boots, I guess I pulled too hard and the leg came down from the knee, it's back in place, but it still comes off. I also accidentally took the boot off with the peg still inside and that was difficult to get back on. Besides that he's great!

Also, the "stoic" expression isn't as bad in real life. He has a very intense look in his eyes that I think will work nicely with action and museum poses.

Back