1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was unboxing my Civil War MMSs that I never got around to opening, and realized I got movie promo Battling Cap and not regular Cap from CW. Other than the non-scratched shield, is there any incentive to go back and grab a regular CW Cap?

The regular has swappable face plates if you want him with the gritted teeth, but otherwise I think they’re pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was unboxing my Civil War MMSs that I never got around to opening, and realized I got movie promo Battling Cap and not regular Cap from CW. Other than the non-scratched shield, is there any incentive to go back and grab a regular CW Cap?

battlin cap has the diorama base, scratched shield and weathered suit. i had both the bd cap looks a lot better imo, more movie accurate

I’ve been shopping around for the Caps, and just came across a “Movie Promo” version. I can’t seem to find much about differences between that and standard Battling Version.

Any insights?

I’ve been shopping around for the Caps, and just came across a “Movie Promo” version. I can’t seem to find much about differences between that and standard Battling Version.

Any insights?

If I recall correctly, one was a Disneyland HK exclusive and the only difference is the box.

Got ya. The prices on these are steep. One of these days...

I think because CW may be the last time we get a regular Rogers Cap and this figure was the best of them released (although i still like AoU more). Seems with Cap going Nomad Bucky may be the next Cap but that speculation on my part

I think because CW may be the last time we get a regular Rogers Cap and this figure was the best of them released (although i still like AoU more). Seems with Cap going Nomad Bucky may be the next Cap but that speculation on my part

I think the pants are better on this but otherwise AOU is better. The helmeted sculpt is better, the magnetic shield is cooler, and the body shape is more Evans.
Honestly they need to make a brand new body (or at least use a different one) for Cap, but I’m sure they won’t do for Infinity War. The pecs don’t have the right shape, and it doesn’t have the V-shape because the upper body is too small. Something like the MoS body would be better, just not so tall.

For standing around and looking stoic, the AOU one is far closer to Evans and I think the better piece for that situation. BUT - if you're about that dynamic pose life, then the CW one will win out and looks very good and achieves the Evans physique well when in motion. They definitely cater to two different schools of thought.

Great figure.

Instagram_025_HT_Marvel_Captain_America_02.jpg

Instagram_018_HT_Marvel_Captain_America_01.jpg

still looking to find a cheap stealth version, how are the proportions on those compared to this one?

Then there is the Shield discolouration issue of the AoU version. Glad I got the CW version. He's the boss ! Just look at those photos above. How could you not want that version :lol

Yeah I had both but BD Cap looked better proportion wise, I cant say why though

Based on a lot of what I’ve read here and seen lately I’m now on the hunt for the BD version. Keeping my eye out for something reasonable. Anybody know a guy...?

I'd have to say the CW Cap is the best to date. With a little bit of work it can be the best. Unless you go with the MoS Stealth Cap. Can't wait to see what the IW version is like.

20180216_184927-01.jpg

Yeah I had both but BD Cap looked better proportion wise, I cant say why though

CW Cap doesn't have the solid neck because of the swappable face plates and unfortunately the neck post they use is a little short. Makes him look a bit stunted. Full neck sculpt on the BD looks a lot better and it's probably the best paint app they've done on that sculpt yet.

Battling Cap with clean shield:

IMG_20180215_114958_341.jpg

Back