1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well..answering my own question :rotfl..i did find a solution, just in case any of you here have ran into the same issue I mentioned previously.

Turns out the correct method, a soutlined in the instructions, is to take the wrist peg out of the figure first (pliers necessary), attach it with much force to the desired interchangeable hand , before finally putting the connected wrist/hand back to the figure. I've been doing it wrong all these while, trying to attach the hand while the wrist peg was still attached to the figure...that setup would never have allowed the necessary force to be applied to the area to ensure a secure wrist peg/hand connection.

Hope this helps!

Just wondering if anyone here had the issue of the hand peg not attaching well/firmly to the shield-holding hand?

Was messing with the figure just now and the hand just fell off, taking the shield down with it. Fortunately there was no visible scratches / damage to the shield. I'm a little paranoid now and have attached tape to the forearm just in case the hand decide to free-fall again...but boy does it look ugly!

If any of you have any solutions to this please let me know...greatly appreciate it!

I used a hair dryer to soften the shield holding hand. It was a lot easier to get it on the peg .

Turns out the correct method, a soutlined in the instructions, is to take the wrist peg out of the figure first (pliers necessary), attach it with much force to the desired interchangeable hand , before finally putting the connected wrist/hand back to the figure.

It can be difficult to get the hand side in sometimes. If I do succeed that way, I always gently pull to ensure it's solid, if that hand is handing any weight.

But the sure fire way is, yes, pull the wrist side. I use my teeth most times :)

Never hurts to read the recommendations of the instructions first if something is giving you trouble, before resorting to other tactics. :lecture

Sent SS pics of my shields straps and they agreed to send me another one if I destroy this one... ugh, how do you destroy a diecast shield? feels wrong, haha

Sent SS pics of my shields straps and they agreed to send me another one if I destroy this one... ugh, how do you destroy a diecast shield? feels wrong, haha

Hammer? Fireworks? Airsoft gun? I just fun destroying it :lol

I think the actual way SSC wants people to do it is place it in like a trash bag and bash it with a hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the shield does kind of look like a target. Might be fun to prop it up and use it as a target for something, such as an air soft gun like bransen said.

Well, the shield does kind of look like a target. Might be fun to prop it up and use it as a target for something, such as an air soft gun like bransen said.

If I had to destroy Cap I would have him holding the shield and take some slo mo shots of the pellets hitting him and the shield :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well..answering my own question :rotfl..i did find a solution, just in case any of you here have ran into the same issue I mentioned previously.

Turns out the correct method, a soutlined in the instructions, is to take the wrist peg out of the figure first (pliers necessary), attach it with much force to the desired interchangeable hand , before finally putting the connected wrist/hand back to the figure. I've been doing it wrong all these while, trying to attach the hand while the wrist peg was still attached to the figure...that setup would never have allowed the necessary force to be applied to the area to ensure a secure wrist peg/hand connection.

Hope this helps!

I've used hot water - filling head/hand w. hot water, dry w. Q-tip, and then forcing head/hand on peg while still warm. Still hard work but worked so well for a Bridge Smaug fig tail that kept falling off (and held after cooling) still using hot water on vinyl. Thinking of picking up some tracing styluses to help w. too-small holes. You could use anything metal, but these have a nice round tip and are *cheap* and can probably warm up tip. Completely pulling pegs out makes me nervous.:horror

stylus_embossing_tool_lg.jpg

Nice Brainiac. My cap should be here on Wednesday, together with Batman & Superman. Can't wait to see this in person!

Nice Brainiac. My cap should be here on Wednesday, together with Batman & Superman. Can't wait to see this in person!
Thanks Cammo :hi5: What a haul to get on Wednesday :panic: Congrats!!!
Nice pose on Cap, Brainiac.
Thanks man :hi5:
YAY Brainy!! :hi5: Did you get "inspired" by my pose? :rotfl :monkey3
Haha :lol I did yes Thank you :hi5: It was a great pose so I kinda stole it from ya :monkey3
687474703a2f2f34352e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f39303030323030386131343339613136393165363534326165643539356164382f74756d626c725f6e79726f35397964675131756f727a387a6f325f3530302e676966

Nice pose! Congrats on receiving your figure. :duff
Great GIF :lol :clap :woo Thanks SS :hi5: He's arguably the best Cap yet :D
Thanks. If I ever decide to become a premium member I'll be coming to you for one of your awesome sigs lol.
Ha awesome :hi5: Feel free to PM me any time for a sig :dance

Back