1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's finally my birthday and I got to open this bad boy first thing when I woke up. Incredible. You guys were so right...best Cap figure to date, hands down. I haven't had a chance to pose him fully, I may do a Cap vs Mark 45 fight scene. I'll post pics when I get down to it.

Congrats and happy birthday! Hope you have/had a great day and an even better year to come.

So it's finally my birthday and I got to open this bad boy first thing when I woke up. Incredible. You guys were so right...best Cap figure to date, hands down. I haven't had a chance to pose him fully, I may do a Cap vs Mark 45 fight scene. I'll post pics when I get down to it.

Hell yeah! Happy birthday!

I did on my defective cap that i had to destroy, really easy process. its held on with some glue so i went in with a little heat and a razor blade and it peeled off nicely. there will be some residue left but it just took me scrubbing with the smallest bit of water for it to be completely clean.

I did on my defective cap that i had to destroy, really easy process. its held on with some glue so i went in with a little heat and a razor blade and it peeled off nicely. there will be some residue left but it just took me scrubbing with the smallest bit of water for it to be completely clean.

Thanks! I think I'll invest in a parted out Cap outfit just in case I botch it ... though I have never removed and replaced an HT outfit before. Hope it isn't too tough ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, some very slight residue and the shape of where the logo used to be on the shoulders is accurate.

Edit: Perhaps not residue after looking at some pictures (thought I recall in the film seeing some slight residue), but the shape or a bit of indentation where the logo used to be, is accurate.

My A logo just peeled off. No residue, no mark. Maybe my glue sucked. I painted my gritted teeth sculpt to match the 'I could do this all day' scene. Looked silly all angry with no weathering.

My A logo just peeled off. No residue, no mark. Maybe my glue sucked. I painted my gritted teeth sculpt to match the 'I could do this all day' scene. Looked silly all angry with no weathering.

ugh that looks awesome! I need to do this soon to mine! I'm just not the best at mods so I'd be nervous :/

Just got a notice that it will be delivered on the 19th-20th of December. :yess:
2 weeks ago they gave me a notice that it was delayed from the 15th of December to the 15th of January.

Anyone with experience have any pointers for removing Cap's outfit without damaging it like the instructions say it will?

To be honest mate, just go slow and be gentle. I stripped him completely so I could make some modifications to the shoulders and I've had no issues. At all.
Thanks for the positive comments guys, I'm gonna work on some further outfit weathering tonight I think. He's just too clean.

To be honest mate, just go slow and be gentle. I stripped him completely so I could make some modifications to the shoulders and I've had no issues. At all.
Thanks for the positive comments guys, I'm gonna work on some further outfit weathering tonight I think. He's just too clean.

Thanks for the input. How in the world did you get the top off? It's a big of a struggle.

My A patches basically fell off. I looked back today and they did leave a slight amount of residue which I took off with some alcohol hand rub and then weathered over the patch spot to match the rest of the body weathering.

@LexiKon, it's hard to describe mate. A lot of pulling and pushing and wiggling. As odd as it sounds, you have to put some force into it but can't be too rough. I took mine off to stuff the shoulders as mine looked a bit sunken on arrival and I wanted his traps to look huge and bulky. Worked a charm.

Just wondering if anyone here had the issue of the hand peg not attaching well/firmly to the shield-holding hand?

Was messing with the figure just now and the hand just fell off, taking the shield down with it. Fortunately there was no visible scratches / damage to the shield. I'm a little paranoid now and have attached tape to the forearm just in case the hand decide to free-fall again...but boy does it look ugly!

If any of you have any solutions to this please let me know...greatly appreciate it!

Back