1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed mine was like that also the other day. However, I noticed a few of my bases with figures that I've had standing on it for a bit did the same thing. I don't think that phenomenon is exclusive to this figure/base.

IMG_4797 3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4797 3.jpg
    IMG_4797 3.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 440
I prefer the smaller stands we used to get. The new bigger ones look great but sometimes less is more.

Meh.. I REALLY dislike those old black oval bases. In my opinion these figures just look far too nice for those cheap looking black bases.

I think I'd actually prefer it if they all came with diorama bases. Maybe ones that when connected form a larger diorama.

No doubt the larger ones with the name plaques look nicer, but what I did like about the oval bases is you were able to simply angle and turn the base any direction to angle the figure without it looking hokey. The shape of the new ones don't really allow for that. I mean you can, but it doesn't look very good. The oval ones take up less room as well, so it's a trade off for me. Pros and cons for each.

i'm still on the fence about whether or not to get this figure. i really like cap and i've been wanting to get a figure of him for quite sometime, but i've heard a lot of complaints about the face sculpt as well as the legs being too skinny which kind of has me worried. the material they used to make the costume also looks a little off? idk maybe i'm just knit picking

i'm still on the fence about whether or not to get this figure. i really like cap and i've been wanting to get a figure of him for quite sometime, but i've heard a lot of complaints about the face sculpt as well as the legs being too skinny which kind of has me worried. the material they used to make the costume also looks a little off? idk maybe i'm just knit picking

I think it's a beautiful figure. It's my first Cap, and I'm really glad I have him. I haven't kept up with the thread, so I don't know much about these complaints.

Do you find that the pants tailoring in the crotch area on this figure is slightly tighter than the Exclusive Version?
So the claim did not go through (posted about it few pages back, one side of the plastic holding the shield strap broke),
and I accidentally broke the other side while trying to get him to hold the shield :slap

In the end, I just stick a 3M tape to hold the strap and shield together, works like a charm. Best cap to date, IMO.

image.jpg1_10.jpg

Does anyone owns the stealth strike cap and mind comparing that sculpt with this civil war version? Pictures to share here will even better. I'm thinking of getting stealth suit head and put it on the civil war body.

the bottom part of the unmasked sculpt got stuck in the body, even though I followed the instructions when I was trying to pull it out. It was a real ***** to get out. I am not going to be swapping heads again until I get that glued.

Not sure why they didn't just make the unmasked sculpt pop off at the top of the neck instead of the base, considering what they did to the masked version. Would have been easier to work with considering you won't need to futz with the turtleneck.[/QUOTE]

How did you align the turtleneck up again after you swap the heads? Mine was never the same again after thr head swapped. Some parts just got stuck somewhere. And my masked neck peg bottom half kept getting stuck everytime i pulled out the head. Supposed a glue will slove this problem?

the bottom part of the unmasked sculpt got stuck in the body, even though I followed the instructions when I was trying to pull it out. It was a real ***** to get out. I am not going to be swapping heads again until I get that glued.

Not sure why they didn't just make the unmasked sculpt pop off at the top of the neck instead of the base, considering what they did to the masked version. Would have been easier to work with considering you won't need to futz with the turtleneck.

How did you align the turtleneck up again after you swap the heads? Mine was never the same again after thr head swapped. Some parts just got stuck somewhere. And my masked neck peg bottom half kept getting stuck everytime i pulled out the head. Supposed a glue will slove this problem?[/QUOTE]

I just did my best to pull the front of the turtle neck out with the clear plastic rod that was in the box. The back is probably smushed underneath the neck. It took a long time to get it looking all right, and stuff like this makes me very hesitant to swap heads.

Back