1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ughhhh, my first figure and I have a problem with it :(

The connector that sits inside the headsculpt and goes onto the peg is loose to the point it basically falls out with the slightest movement. What this means is that as soon as you put the head onto the peg, the connector clicks in, but the actual head comes right off with the slightest touch.

I know someone above said that this connector is usually glued into the sculpt so that they always go on and off together, but neither of my Cap heads have them glued in. My masked one is the one I just outlined above, and the unmasked sculpt connector seems ok but still definitely not glued in.

Gonna have to see what Sideshow say about it... Was hoping my first experience with HT would be perfect, but alas, it wasn't to be!

CA_CW_Head1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 283
So i got mine today and i had an extra unmasked sculpt in the box just laying on top of the stand under the shield. Anybody else have this?

don't care for that "taking a dump" face

I think in the right situation it looks fantastic. It seems to look best when there's a point of impact in the pose somewhere.

I personally think it's awesome.

For ones that have both AoU and CW Cap, it provides some differentiation. Not to mention, roughly 80% of HT's sculpts all have the same, stoic closed lipped expression. I was looking at my collection the other evening and realized that just about every figure all had the same expression. I also feel it conveys Cap's mood in this film. After being made to look like the "bad guy" in TWS and then made to look like the "bad guy" again because Tony Stark doesn't want to take individual responsibility for his own actions and told that he needs to conform to what Tony wants, Cap is a little pissed off now. :lol

I don't think there's another film where Cap seemingly made this face the most, so if any Cap figure is going to have this expression, this is the one to me.

I went through all three hands on the free, non shield wielding arm though to see which looks best and came to the personal conclusion that the fist looks the most natural with the gritted teeth sculpt.

14355146_303852046651784_659490901847135397_n.jpg

Just got mine today...i can see some pros and cons to this figure but he really has some great articulation . Putting the shield on is my biggest gripe but i made it work...and as for his heads..i just followed my instructions booklet and i have no problems at all!!!!

The connector that sits inside the headsculpt and goes onto the peg is loose to the point it basically falls out with the slightest movement. What this means is that as soon as you put the head onto the peg, the connector clicks in, but the actual head comes right off with the slightest touch.

I know someone above said that this connector is usually glued into the sculpt so that they always go on and off together, but neither of my Cap heads have them glued in. My masked one is the one I just outlined above, and the unmasked sculpt connector seems ok but still definitely not glued in.

Gonna have to see what Sideshow say about it... Was hoping my first experience with HT would be perfect, but alas, it wasn't to be!

View attachment 294082

buy some super glue and glue it together yourself

problem solved

you'll find that a bottle of super glue is a necessity when collecting HT figs

View attachment 294082

Not to worry, you got a defective Cap and SS will replace the whole figure while it hasn't sold out yet. Getting mine today. :yess:

I was thinking I could just glue it in there myself, but I hate the thought of having to do that after just buying this thing for like $300 (>_<)

I was thinking I could just glue it in there myself, but I hate the thought of having to do that after just buying this thing for like $300 (>_<)

I actually expect it at this point it seems like something is always lose or falls of out of the box. Its the darker colored ring part that should be glued into the head and holds the head to neck joint. But SS should give you a replacement.

Just contact SSC for a replacement sculpt while you can. On newer sculpts it shouldn't do that, but it tends to happen more often on older sculpts. When that's the case, I just simply glue it back in.

I actually expect it at this point it seems like something is always lose or falls of out of the box. Its the darker colored ring part that should be glued into the head and holds the head to neck joint. But SS should give you a replacement.

I'm at that point as well where I expect there to be a little defect somewhere. In my experience collecting these things, it's rare that you're going to get a completely perfect figure that is just free of even the tiniest of blemishes. I've been pretty fortunate that I've never had a major issue with a figure that's warranted something to be entirely replaced to me, but there's usually at the least, a very tiny "defect" somewhere.

The gamble is that when you replace an entire figure, there's no guarantee that your new replacement is going to be utterly perfect. Of course if you have a broken joint or torn fabric that's understandable and should be replaced without question, but for a very tiny blemish, the replacement you get may end up having a defect on it's that's even worse than what you felt the tiny blemish on your first one was.

Dude, don't do that. You can accidentally let that glue get on unattended places and then you will have a bigger problem. SS will replace the part or the whole figure for you. Don't fuss with something if you don't need to. Why did the Cap cost you $300, where do you live if i may ask?

Dude, don't do that. You can accidentally let that glue get on unattended places and then you will have a bigger problem. SS will replace the part or the whole figure for you. Don't fuss with something if you don't need to. Why did the Cap cost you $300, where do you live if i may ask?

Yeah, I'm new to collecting, and I really don't like the thought of needing to glue stuff on a brand new figure I just paid $300 for. I have contacted Sideshow and am waiting for their response. I'm in Vancouver, Canada... The the wrong side of the border for when it comes to buying figures in USD lol

Got my Cap last night. Just quick thoughts.
I was expecting to open the box and see this completely blow away the AOU Cap. It doesnt, if it edges it...its just by a little.
I think most of the big advantage is the pants with better knee pads and the boots. It gives a better impression of Evans physique since he has long legs. The AOU had baggy pants with crappy knee pads.
So if you have AOU cap, might be better to just buy the CW pants and boots.

My big disappointment is the new helmeted head. Not too crazy about it. I think its a step back from AOU cause the likeness is not as good. I'm using my modded AOU helmeted head (added some sheen to the helmet) instead.

Overall, I'm happy with Civil War Cap.

Last edited:
Got Cap today when I got off work! Freaking beautiful figure! I'm still glad I have my AOU Cap still but this one is hands down better!

What would be a good body to use for that Steve Rogers head it comes with? Doesn't have to be official Hot Toys, good be generic or boot leg body. Want to slap together a civilian Cap and use an extra Hot Toys shield I have.

Hot Toys Civil War Captain America (1) by allen lamb, on Flickr

Hot Toys Civil War Captain America (2) by allen lamb, on Flickr

Hot Toys Civil War Captain America (3) by allen lamb, on Flickr

Hot Toys Civil War Captain America (5) by allen lamb, on Flickr

Back