1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Hot Toys finally wised up and cut production numbers, and that's why figures are waitlisting quickly... Or if they're just that popular.

Combination of both I think.

This is gonna sound really dumb, but I removed the faceplate to put the snarling one in and now I can't get either of them back on properly. Am I missing something (obviously am!)

Be a bit more specific if you can. They won't stick on or they go on crooked? If the latter, you just have to move it around until it lines up with the correct grooves of the helmet.

So I just played around with my newly arrived Cap and much to my significant surprise, I like the AoU Cap much better. The CW is still a great figure but I would never sell my AoU Cap for this one. A couple of differences:

AoU Cap is bigger. He's not taller but he's bigger. His torso seems thicker and his hands are definitely bigger. In fact I think the head may even be smaller on the CW version. At the same time, the CW Cap feels and looks more padded and less naturally muscular. Where the AoU one looks well built, the CW one looks well padded.

The colors are darker and more muted in the CW as well. That will be a selling point for many but for my tastes, I prefer the more comic book, brighter colors of the AoU Cap.

Where the CW Cap excels is in the suit. The knees bend better, the articulation is better and the suit is a better, more flexible material. The pants don't ride up as high and allow him split his legs very wide and the belt is so much better. The pouches are smaller and won't be constantly falling off.

And of course, the shield. While I will miss the ease of the magnets, this shield looks great. Awesome feel, awesome paint, great detail.

I am a HUGE Cap fan so I am glad to own both but if you have AoU and are on the fence, personally I would say just keep the AoU version and skip this. OR buy both and put the CW pants on the Aou version. :).

Ah, interesting assessment.

I actually think CW Cap is bigger and the proportions are a bit better. I can kind of see what you mean about it looking more padded, but I think that has more to do with the construction and the style of the suit. He has that large armor piece that covers his entire back.

Articulation on this is better and the pants especially are much better. I actually think it's the other way around; the pants on the ass of this figure fit a bit more snug, whereas the pants on the AoU figure are a bit baggy and seem to hang down off of his ass a bit. I do like this belt a lot better as well.

I'd personally sell AoU for this version. The suit colors are a matter of personal preference, but I do think overall this one is the slightly better figure. Fortunately though, I'm keeping both.

Thanks man... They were crooked but I just had to use a little bit more force to push them into place. Doh!

Got in my cap today. Gotta say... I'm actually not quite as impressed with it as I am the Battling version. I noticed that the headsculpt on the reg version is actually a balljointed head. Aside from neck seam, which doesn't really come into play here because of the helmet, it seems to be a bit shorter than the Battling version (a full necked headsculpt). This gives him a bit of a shrugged appearance due to the length of the neck and the padding in the shoulders. Will be great for action poses because you can angle his head nice and low, but for a heroic/museum style pose the full neck head is definitely better.

He's still a very nice figure, but I don't think he'll be replacing battling for my avenger team. Also didn't help my impression of him when I discovered that my shield had been paint chipped before being put in the box. Ruined an otherwise gorgeous shield. Hopefully sideshow has a replacement for me.

Ah, interesting assessment.

I actually think CW Cap is bigger and the proportions are a bit better. I can kind of see what you mean about it looking more padded, but I think that has more to do with the construction and the style of the suit. He has that large armor piece that covers his entire back.

Articulation on this is better and the pants especially are much better. I actually think it's the other way around; the pants on the ass of this figure fit a bit more snug, whereas the pants on the AoU figure are a bit baggy and seem to hang down off of his ass a bit. I do like this belt a lot better as well.

I think we're saying the same thing about the pants. The AoU Cap are bigger and have a bigger crotch area and higher waist. They end up riding way up into his abdomen and don't allow much room for his legs to articulate. CW Cap is much better in that regard.

The CW Cap may be a bit taller but he seems slighter. I know his hands and boots are smaller than AoU Cap. The rest maybe the same, it's hard to tell.

My first figure so I'm trying to be super careful with it, but in trying to swap out the heads, his head came off but this stayed in the figure and after 5mins of wrestling with it, I have no idea how to get it out ��. Any help would be appreciated! #suchanoob IMG_0242.jpg

That's the neck plug that attaches the sculpt to the neck joint. It usually should be glued securely into the neck of the sculpt and come off with the sculpt when you take it off, but sometimes that happens. Pliers should usually work to get it out, if you haven't tried them already.

Thanks man, pliers did the trick... would never have been able to get that out without them! That part isn't glued into the heads on my Cap figure. In fact, they are actually really loose, I can pull them out with my fingers using no force whatsoever, so it seems like I'll have to use pliers every time I swap, as it's bound to come off from the head (>_<)

I actually bought an AOU head for this figure. The normal faceplate just doesn't look like Evans at all to me. I bought the angry head on my strike suit version. I didn't realize I was avoiding the neck issue.

Back