1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I need some advice. My cap took a shelf dive and the piece that holds the ankle peg broke. I have extra bodies laying around and could easily switch this piece out for a non broken one. But it seems Hot Toys glued it in. is there a way to safely remove this piece with damaging the figure? This is on my AOU Cap if that matters.

Hey guys I need some advice. My cap took a shelf dive and the piece that holds the ankle peg broke. I have extra bodies laying around and could easily switch this piece out for a non broken one. But it seems Hot Toys glued it in. is there a way to safely remove this piece with damaging the figure? This is on my AOU Cap if that matters.

I think you have to switch the whole calf piece at the knee joint. just pull it out.

Never say never guys. That might change come Infinity War or Avengers 4. This would be my 6th Captain America, 7th if you count the Civilian Steve Rogers.

Yeah, we should never count our Caps before they're hatched. Hot Toys loves making new Caps almost as much as they love making new Iron Men, and we may say we only want a certain number of Caps in our collection, but Hot Toys will always try to change our mind. For myself I have AOU Cap--to me the quintessential Cap figure as it has pretty much the classic uniform and a perfect headsculpt and a gloriously easy to work with magnetic shield--and Strike Cap, which I modded Clipperking style so he could actually, you know, raise his arm a little bit. Popped a Rogers head on him and bang, two perfect Caps sporting strikingly different looks, even differently painted shields. I love Cap, he's my favorite Marvel movie character, but if Hot Toys wants me to pony up for a third one they'd have to do something really special.

Yeah, we should never count our Caps before they're hatched. Hot Toys loves making new Caps almost as much as they love making new Iron Men, and we may say we only want a certain number of Caps in our collection, but Hot Toys will always try to change our mind. For myself I have AOU Cap--to me the quintessential Cap figure as it has pretty much the classic uniform and a perfect headsculpt and a gloriously easy to work with magnetic shield--and Strike Cap, which I modded Clipperking style so he could actually, you know, raise his arm a little bit. Popped a Rogers head on him and bang, two perfect Caps sporting strikingly different looks, even differently painted shields. I love Cap, he's my favorite Marvel movie character, but if Hot Toys wants me to pony up for a third one they'd have to do something really special.

I love the AoU Cap but I'm definitely getting this one in hopes that he can:

1) Lift his arm up and hold it there (mine can't)

2) Bend his knees without the knee caps going opposite directions making it look like his knees are broken.

2) Bend his knees without the knee caps going opposite directions making it look like his knees are broken.
OMG this actually makes me worry ... I really hope CW Cap has good articulation. I already got a few poses in mind that I'd like to get him into and I'd hate for him to be unable to do that. :/

I'm getting CW Cap and that's probably gonna be it. That makes it one Cap and one Stevie. I just have no space to get more. ^^'' At least that's what I keep telling myself but I'll probably just make room when HT announces a new Cap that I like coz I'm weak and Cap and WS are my faves. XD Also, I'm unable to have one without the other. Whenever they do a WS, I gotta buy Cap to accompany him. It's like a package deal of sorts. Hopefully HT will never find out about this or I'm screwed. XD

Are you talking about AoU Cap as far as not being able to lift his arm without it falling back down? If so, the trick is after you lift the arm up sideways, sort of push the shoulder joint forward a bit. This sort of seems to lock it in place per se. The upper arm will be sort of pushed forward a bit, but even then, when you lift your own arm up sideways, it feels more natural to have a slight forward angle at your upper arm rather than it be straight out sideways as a perfect 90 degree angle.

Are you talking about AoU Cap as far as not being able to lift his arm without it falling back down? If so, the trick is after you lift the arm up sideways, sort of push the shoulder joint forward a bit. This sort of seems to lock it in place per se. The upper arm will be sort of pushed forward a bit, but even then, when you lift your own arm up sideways, it feels more natural to have a slight forward angle at your upper arm rather than it be straight out sideways as a perfect 90 degree angle.

Thanks for the tip! I tried it out and it works for the arm that isn't holding the shield. So that's good. Unfortunately, the shield arm still can't stay up. Which is a shame since I like the outfit on the AoU one better (with the exception of the boots) than the more solid blue Civil War one.

Thanks for the tip! I tried it out and it works for the arm that isn't holding the shield. So that's good. Unfortunately, the shield arm still can't stay up. Which is a shame since I like the outfit on the AoU one better (with the exception of the boots) than the more solid blue Civil War one.

It should actually work on the shield arm also. One of the arms on my first AoU Cap was really loose and I was able to still get that arm to hold the shield at shoulder height and have it stay there.

I believe HT made the arm/shoulder joints a bit looser on this figure to increase articulation due to the restrictive suit, being that SS Cap had virtually no articulation.

So, just seen that Bucky had been delayed again. Who thinks that this will be the same story. I hope not. I need a proper cap back in my collection. All I've got is the strike version at the moment. And once this comes I'm selling that one off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only got Stevie so far so I'm in dire need of a proper Cap figure!

Despite that, I'm secretly hoping he's delayed too coz Buck and him should arrive together. orz

Back