1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW if you read the MCU news about the upcoming Avengers movie I would suggest picking this guy up.

I would be amazed if Cap didn't show up as Cap in the film. He may be operating as "Nomad" to start but I guarantee he will be Cap again before the end of the movie.

Whatever he was wearing to free his friends from the prison at the end of Civil War, I am pretty sure that's his "Nomad" suit.

I doubt he won't be Captain America by the time Infiniti War comes around.

It's the same as Superman "dying". He might be laying low now but once Thor returns to Earth to warn about Thanos, Stark will give him back the shield.

I'm not 100% sold on that...I'm wondering if they have Bucky take over as Cap. Evans has been doing these movies for a while now, he may want out after Infinity War. Gives them an out to continue just in case.

I'm not 100% sold on that...I'm wondering if they have Bucky take over as Cap. Evans has been doing these movies for a while now, he may want out after Infinity War. Gives them an out to continue just in case.

Chris has stated in interviews when talked about his contract being up after Infinity War whether that's it for him, and he's said that as long as Marvel wants him around he's happy to do it. He could change his mind of course, but for now I think he's pretty happy being Steve/Cap as long as the narrative permits him to be there.

I think they'd consider BuckyCap in the future (they certainly foreshadow it enough, and Seb's keen) but the same with Chris sticking around as Cap - BuckyCap needs to make narrative sense. As much as I'd hate to lose Steve, I don't think Bucky would ever take up the shield unless Steve wasn't around, or unable to wield it somehow. Bucky's still sorting his head out after WS and now CW, I don't think he's in the headspace to pick up the shield at the moment unless something happened to Steve to make Bucky change his mind.

That's the last I heard as well regarding his contract expiring after IW. That he's open to continuing if Marvel asks him to.

Perhaps he's finished with his own solo film trilogy, but I think it would be neat if he continued on just a single film by film basis, the way RDJ is with IM. He (Cap/Steve) can always have roles in films such as Ant-Man & The Wasp, Spider Man, etc.

I can personally say though that once this main core group is finished, I will have a slightly decreased interest in Marvel.

I think it has to do more with who they pick up from here on out. Cumberbatch is going to have a lot more gravitas in the Marvel universe than anyone is expecting. So I get a feeling they're going to elevate Strange more than they had been planning to.

I can personally say though that once this main core group is finished, I will have a slightly decreased interest in Marvel.

Yeah I kind of feel the same. It really depends who they bring in to replace them as the core team. If Wanda's still around I'll still have an interest, but if she leaves with the rest of the core team, Marvel will have to do some really good movies to keep me invested.

I want them to move away from the team films. I like having someone drop in here and there to connect the universe (i.e. Black Widow in TWS), but I prefer solid stories about one character at a time. That's why I'm excited for films like Strange, because we get to go back to a more character-centric piece.

I do have to agree that as an aggregate whole, I've enjoyed solo films in the MCU centered on one character than the team films. Though they do have the advantage being that there's more of them, so more to choose from.

Yeah I agree, I'd like to see more character centric films again, with cameos or name drops of other characters, but not taking away from the primary character story. That's my main concern for IW tbh: too many characters to give them all story justice in one/two films.

I do agree with everyone. I personally think it takes away from the story line when they have team films. That's why I'm not quite sure bout Thor 3

Really good chatter in here. I share the "where do we go from here" fear, but I have so much faith in what has been done with the MCU to date that I'm starting to feel invested in it as a singular narrative. It feels less derriverative than ever -- I'm excited to see where they choose to go from here.

Back