1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...it comes down to angry mouth vs. scratched shield. Well..I preordered the angry mouth 2 days ago and I don't want to cancel. I guess I'll just ebay the shield. I need a new "regular" cap shield anyway. My Rogers/Stealth 2 pack doesn't have one and my first cap's shield is peeling.

Motu just a question. The CW normal cap's helmet has the wings partially painted in the promos which is inaccurate whereas the movie promo bd version has them painted correctly. Will both versions be the same or will the cw normal version stay inaccurate?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm getting that promo edition. Enough said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

It's the same sculpt. You're just seeing the promo edition posed at a different angle. Plus, the press release for the figure states it's simply newly painted. :slap

Motu just a question. The CW normal cap's helmet has the wings partially painted in the promos which is inaccurate whereas the movie promo bd version has them painted correctly. Will both versions be the same or will the cw normal version stay inaccurate?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It should be painted correctly on the final version...however I have not seen the source images they have or if there are scenes where the helmet is differently painted. I don't know any specifics on that part of the helmet either way. I can see if I can get any info but I'm sure the response will be the standard "it will match the source" they usually give me when I ask about protos. But I'll ask why they are different..maybe that will get them to notice.

I do know the head used on the BD version is an actual master painted head and the one used on the standard images was not. That could be why.

It is the same sculpt just in different lighting, paint and posed in diff. angles.

Dammit... This movie promo looks awesome. :drool:drool:drool
Btw, Motu do u have any idea what could be the next exclusive that we are getting? Since theres another one coming next week. Maybe that Vision?

37d4c910a75a0b867f50d39525d90438.jpg

Lmao I couldn't help but laugh at this comment.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm missing why it's funny...not trying troll. I really don't get it. Lol

Dammit... This movie promo looks awesome. :drool:drool:drool
Btw, Motu do u have any idea what could be the next exclusive that we are getting? Since theres another one coming next week. Maybe that Vision?

i have an idea what it is but I do not know for certain.

I'm missing why it's funny...not trying troll. I really don't get it. Lol
The date of the earlier comment refers to the Captain America figure revealed couple months ago.

Now Hot Toys is REALLY cashing in lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Since there's no thread for the BD Cap yet, guess we can talk about it here. It's pretty underwhelming IMO, and feels like HT took a step backwards by not including the swappable lower face, not to mention re-using the Panzer base. I think most collectors would just opt to buy the scratched shield in aftermarket and call it a day, the rest of the new stuff doesn't look compelling.

Since there's no thread for the BD Cap yet, guess we can talk about it here. It's pretty underwhelming IMO, and feels like HT took a step backwards by not including the swappable lower face, not to mention re-using the Panzer base. I think most collectors would just opt to buy the scratched shield in aftermarket and call it a day, the rest of the new stuff doesn't look compelling.

I dont have any cap and will go with this movie promo edition since I wasnt going to change his mouth anyway.

Back