1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. It has its slight shortcomings like any other figure, but overall I think it’s one of the best Cap figures to have.

8.jpg

Is the general consensus that this is better than the AOU Cap? I currently have the Civil War Cap but I have the opportunity to trade my ANH Han Solo for the AOU Cap....

I dont know about general consensus, but for me, I like the civil war figure more than AOU only because it doesnt have the white stripes on the arms. The AOU version has the magnetic shield, but thats no enough for me to get past the arms. Beyond that the differences are negligible. The battle damage civil war cap is the one to go for really, but i think thats even more than the civil war version now.

Is the general consensus that this is better than the AOU Cap? I currently have the Civil War Cap but I have the opportunity to trade my ANH Han Solo for the AOU Cap....
Owned both. Was easy to get rid of the CW in favor of the AOU. AOU's proportions are better and has more presence, but the articulation is a little more limited.

I dont know about general consensus, but for me, I like the civil war figure more than AOU only because it doesnt have the white stripes on the arms. The AOU version has the magnetic shield, but thats no enough for me to get past the arms. Beyond that the differences are negligible. The battle damage civil war cap is the one to go for really, but i think thats even more than the civil war version now.

Exact opposite here, the white on the arms give it a nice balance. The CW suit just blends together like a dark blue tracksuit with an odd splash of white on the abs, never cared for the look. The knee pads are lame on the AoU suit, but the CW pants are otherwise identical so its any easy swap. I found a pair for $10 several years ago, might be harder to find now, I'm not sure.

Both have got to be better than Endgame Cap. Don't like that plastic upper chest piece at all.

I think Civil War Battlin Cap is the best Cap Hot Toys produced, even better than the standard CW Cap. FA Cap is too short and skinny, Avengers Cap is ok but the suit sucks, AoU has a gorilla chest and bad knee pads, GA Cap has a pinhead, Stealth Cap is terrible(Steve Rogers is great), basic CW Cap's bright colors accentuate his slightly wonky proportions(that Battlin Cap's dirtier suit hides) and IW/EG Cap have the plasticky/rubbery material.
If owning one Cap Battlin Cap is the one to have.

I think Civil War Battlin Cap is the best Cap Hot Toys produced, even better than the standard CW Cap. FA Cap is too short and skinny, Avengers Cap is ok but the suit sucks, AoU has a gorilla chest and bad knee pads, GA Cap has a pinhead, Stealth Cap is terrible(Steve Rogers is great), basic CW Cap's bright colors accentuate his slightly wonky proportions(that Battlin Cap's dirtier suit hides) and IW/EG Cap have the plasticky/rubbery material.

Fair point, I'm not as close to all the versions as you are. I'd totally forgotten about the Batteling Cap. Weathered will always be the better version. Maybe one of these days I'll add some weathering to my Cap as well.

Love this figure too, but after just getting the IW Cap the proportions and short neck are definitely starting to look a lot more off to me now. Not sure if anyone was ever able to mod it with better proportions or not...

Except that battling cap still has the trash traps and body shape as regular CW cap.

Except that battling cap still has the trash traps and body shape as regular CW cap.

I have(had) both as I mentioned the dirty suit seems to hide the flaws of the normal suit. Proportion wise the best Cap is the Concept version but that wasn't in any movie

I have(had) both as I mentioned the dirty suit seems to hide the flaws of the normal suit. Proportion wise the best Cap is the Concept version but that wasn't in any movie

I have both (battle Cap picked up used no shield but I have xtra shield) they look great to me. My "definitive" Caps. Guess my Concept is pretty buff.:cool:

My big score at a "bearable" price was Ultron Cap for the pop of the suit.

Love all my Caps but if I could only have one Cap it would be CW regular. I always figure if I wanna put dirt on a fig, I can. On a side note I got the diecast EFX 1/6 shield from BBTS:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/33482

Thought the silver areas were a bit dull, but maybe that's accurate? Very nice but so heavy,:horror good thing I needed it "just to have it". I think others have mentioned if u are gonna use it for 1/6 u need to mod straps. Put it on the included stand and using it with figs as a display piece.

CW Cap is my definitive Cap for now. I got him used without the unhelmeted head but got one coming from eBay.

6AF9C8F9-049D-47EC-BB9E-CC82E8394CB3.jpeg

Along with my definitive Thor and IM figures.

2A2983FF-FF27-407D-9981-979A72131C3B.jpeg

I currently have both AoU and CW Cap. I like the CW suit better, but as someone else mentioned, I also think the proportions on the AoU figure are a bit better. Articulation on CW is better though.

Back