1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the mouthplate similar to the various Batman figures in switching it out? I have 89 Batman. Is it kind of like that, just a small magnet?

So I received my CW Cap earlier today and I can honestly say that anyone who sold off their AoU Cap in favor of this one, made the right choice. This figure is much superior to it, as the proportions are amazing. The gritted teeth face plate adds so much more to the figure in my opinion; I would highly recommend anyone with a BV CW Cap pick up the sculpt for this one.

This shield though I have to say was by far the most difficult strapped shield on a CA figure to apply, and I've never had any trouble with shields before, but I had a really tough time with this one. I think the majority of the reason why is because the peg hole on the gloves/hands is very deep like the AoU version (though the AoU version of course had the magnetic shield and therefore, didn't run into this problem), so it was quite difficult to first put one strap in his hand and then slip the other strap over his forearm, then attach the hand to the arm. That's really the only way to do it I believe, as you're not able to slide the forearm strap over the hand with it attached to the arm. Plus, the arm of the suit was pulled down a little further on his forearm of the shield arm than it is on the other side, so that was also getting in the way a bit.

He looks great though. No issues with it from what I'm able to tell after giving it the once over. I currently have him displayed next to TWS line and Ant-Man and I gotta say that he looks really good next to the Ant-Man figure.

image.jpg

And of course, the side by side comparison with AoU Cap:

image.jpg

So I received my CW Cap earlier today and I can honestly say that anyone who sold off their AoU Cap in favor of this one, made the right choice. This figure is much superior to it, as the proportions are amazing. The gritted teeth face plate adds so much more to the figure in my opinion; I would highly recommend anyone with a BV CW Cap pick up the sculpt for this one.

This shield though I have to say was by far the most difficult strapped shield on a CA figure to apply, and I've never had any trouble with shields before, but I had a really tough time with this one. I think the majority of the reason why is because the peg hole on the gloves/hands is very deep like the AoU version (though the AoU version of course had the magnetic shield and therefore, didn't run into this problem), so it was quite difficult to first put one strap in his hand and then slip the other strap over his forearm, then attach the hand to the arm. That's really the only way to do it I believe, as you're not able to slide the forearm strap over the hand with it attached to the arm. Plus, the arm of the suit was pulled down a little further on his forearm of the shield arm than it is on the other side, so that was also getting in the way a bit.

He looks great though. No issues with it from what I'm able to tell after giving it the once over. I currently have him displayed next to TWS line and Ant-Man and I gotta say that he looks really good next to the Ant-Man figure.

View attachment 293682

And of course, the side by side comparison with AoU Cap:

View attachment 293683

Congratulations buddy, and thanks for putting my mind on ease. Part of me thought I should have waited til I received CW before selling AOU.
But it looks like I made the right decision anyway. :duff

Is the helmet on CW darker than the AOU helmeted head?
I've seen a few comparison pics now, and including yours, it appears the CW helmet looks darker.

I think I'm happiest to see the box is the same as the BV. I hope every figure gets that comic art style box. I might have to get them all and display with boxes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

The pants and upper body are much improved, that's the main reason I'm upgrading. AoU Cap is still a good figure, but definitely glad I sold mine.

Thor and Stark are alone on the self, Cap will once again join them on Thursday.

Congratulations buddy, and thanks for putting my mind on ease. Part of me thought I should have waited til I received CW before selling AOU.
But it looks like I made the right decision anyway. :duff

Is the helmet on CW darker than the AOU helmeted head?
I've seen a few comparison pics now, and including yours, it appears the CW helmet looks darker.

Thanks, bud. :duff

Yeah, you'll definitely enjoy this one. Right when open up the shipper and you first see the box, you know the figure is going to be great. The box itself is superb. The only thing that gave me a hassle was the shield hand like I mentioned. I've never had any trouble with any strapped shield on any previous Cap figures, but this one was a ***** to get on. So much so that I doubt I'm ever going to take it off. I don't think that's so much to do with the shield itself, but just how deep seated the peg hole is on the hand. Even putting the peg in the hand first and then trying to attach the hand to the arm was difficult.

I believe the helmet is a SLIGHT shade darker than AoU, as is the blue of the suit itself. The red of AoU is noticeably brighter though. The chin strap is also a dark brown color (the same shade of dark brown as the straps of his harness) as opposed to the lighter brown like on the AoU sculpt and the sculpt that comes with the BV CW Cap figure. I personally like it because I think the darker color fits the tone of the suit better and matches the rest of the straps, but if we're going for accuracy, I would say the lighter chin strap is probably more accurate.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think I'm happiest to see the box is the same as the BV. I hope every figure gets that comic art style box. I might have to get them all and display with boxes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Yeah, the box is awesome. The only apparent difference off the top of my head is the BV box has a more weathered look to conform to the style of the figure, whereas the box of this one is of course, clean. It'd be cool if all of the CW figures come with this same style of box.

The pants and upper body are much improved, that's the main reason I'm upgrading. AoU Cap is still a good figure, but definitely glad I sold mine.

Thor and Stark are alone on the self, Cap will once again join them on Thursday.

Yep, all much improved. Upper body is improved and the knee pads are improved. Although I personally don't really mind the knee pads on AoU Cap TOO much, as there were actually times in the film (AoU) where they did sort of actually look accurate to how they are on the figure. Mostly not though. It's now my second favorite Cap figure.

I sometimes tend to be a completionist, so being that I have roughly 75% of the entire AoU line, I'm keeping my AoU Cap. I'm probably only going to end up with 5 CW figures (Cap, Bucky, BW, Mk 46 and SW). The only other two I might add are Falcon and Black Panther, but more likely no than yes. Not to mention I'm a staunch Cap fan, so I have all the Cap figures thus far (sans BV CW Cap).

Those pants and kneepads look so much better. I'm glad I decided to get this one. However, I don't think I could part with my AoU Cap unless the Infinity War Cap brings back the white on his biceps.

Thanks, bud. :duff

Yeah, you'll definitely enjoy this one. Right when open up the shipper and you first see the box, you know the figure is going to be great. The box itself is superb. The only thing that gave me a hassle was the shield hand like I mentioned. I've never had any trouble with any strapped shield on any previous Cap figures, but this one was a ***** to get on. So much so that I doubt I'm ever going to take it off. I don't think that's so much to do with the shield itself, but just how deep seated the peg hole is on the hand. Even putting the peg in the hand first and then trying to attach the hand to the arm was difficult.

I believe the helmet is a SLIGHT shade darker than AoU, as is the blue of the suit itself. The red of AoU is noticeably brighter though. The chin strap is also a dark brown color (the same shade of dark brown as the straps of his harness) as opposed to the lighter brown like on the AoU sculpt and the sculpt that comes with the BV CW Cap figure. I personally like it because I think the darker color fits the tone of the suit better and matches the rest of the straps, but if we're going for accuracy, I would say the lighter chin strap is probably more accurate.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, the box is awesome. The only apparent difference off the top of my head is the BV box has a more weathered look to conform to the style of the figure, whereas the box of this one is of course, clean. It'd be cool if all of the CW figures come with this same style of box.

Yep, all much improved. Upper body is improved and the knee pads are improved. Although I personally don't really mind the knee pads on AoU Cap TOO much, as there were actually times in the film (AoU) where they did sort of actually look accurate to how they are on the figure. Mostly not though. It's now my second favorite Cap figure.

I sometimes tend to be a completionist, so being that I have roughly 75% of the entire AoU line, I'm keeping my AoU Cap. I'm probably only going to end up with 5 CW figures (Cap, Bucky, BW, Mk 46 and SW). The only other two I might add are Falcon and Black Panther, but more likely no than yes. Not to mention I'm a staunch Cap fan, so I have all the Cap figures thus far (sans BV CW Cap).

Cool, I do prefer the helmet to be darker.
When I had the AOU Cap, I bought an extra helmeted head which I added sheen and made the helmet darker.
I saved that head in case I prefer the look of the AOU neutral helmted head to the CW neutral head.

I know a big welcome change for me is the damn knee pads. Really hated the AOU knee pads, which took me a long time to futz for that pose.

Cool, I do prefer the helmet to be darker.
When I had the AOU Cap, I bought an extra helmeted head which I added sheen and made the helmet darker.
I saved that head in case I prefer the look of the AOU neutral helmted head to the CW neutral head.

I know a big welcome change for me is the damn knee pads. Really hated the AOU knee pads, which took me a long time to futz for that pose.

Yeah, the AoU knee pads are a bit annoying. As I mentioned, they don't bother me too, too much because there were some points in the film where they did seem to point inward a bit in the same manner that they do on the figure, but the majority of the time, they were straight. I recall someone posting a few pictures awhile back that showed that the knee pads at times did seem to point inward a bit. I do wish they were a little straighter though. The way mine are is even after futzing with them. No matter how much you try and futz with them, it seems they just naturally want to point inward.

I used to have the unhelmeted sculpt on my AoU figure, but I really like the look of these style of suits (Strike Suit, AoU and now CW) in full gear.

Yeah, the AoU knee pads are a bit annoying. As I mentioned, they don't bother me too, too much because there were some points in the film where they did seem to point inward a bit in the same manner that they do on the figure, but the majority of the time, they were straight. I recall someone posting a few pictures awhile back that showed that the knee pads at times did seem to point inward a bit. I do wish they were a little straighter though. The way mine are is even after futzing with them. No matter how much you try and futz with them, it seems they just naturally want to point inward.

I used to have the unhelmeted sculpt on my AoU figure, but I really like the look of these style of suits (Strike Suit, AoU and now CW) in full gear.

The good thing with you keeping the AOU is that when you do want to eventually have a change, you can keep the AOU with Rogers sculpt and CW with the helmeted head.
I almost kept my AOU for that reason, but I'm trying hard to not have multiple figures of the same character.
I'm not parting with my golden age Cap cause that's my favorite movie suit, and so to keep the AOU just for the Rogers sculpt, for my personal collection, it is redundant since the suit is very similar.
But for a completionist, its a nice display to have diffferent variations of Cap.

The good thing with you keeping the AOU is that when you do want to eventually have a change, you can keep the AOU with Rogers sculpt and CW with the helmeted head.
I almost kept my AOU for that reason, but I'm trying hard to not have multiple figures of the same character.
I'm not parting with my golden age Cap cause that's my favorite movie suit, and so to keep the AOU just for the Rogers sculpt, for my personal collection, it is redundant since the suit is very similar.
But for a completionist, its a nice display to have diffferent variations of Cap.

Yeah, I totally hear you. :duff

That's precisely why I initially put the Rogers sculpt on the AoU figure, so that way I wouldn't have two similar suits both in full gear; one without the helmet and one with would differentiate them a bit. However, after seeing AoU again, I just really liked the look of that suit in full gear, so I said "F-it". :lol

Also, I have the full Avengers group in AoU form, so that being the case, I prefer having each of them displayed in full gear.

A good rule of thumb though when deciding which Cap figures would be a better fit for an unhelmeted or helmeted sculpt, is that Cap usually fights climactic battles in Avengers films without the helmet, while in his solo films, he has the helmet.

I only have multiples of my favorite characters. Some people see that as a reason to then get multiples of other characters, as a way to play "catch up" so to speak. I don't feel that way because the reason I have multiples of a particular character in the first place is because I'm partisan to that character, so there's a reason for it. Other characters, I'll try to stick to essentially one representation or at the least, not having every single figure that's made of that character.

I'm in that quandary right now with Falcon. I without a doubt prefer his CW outfit, but he's a character that I only want one representation of and I already have TWS version. However, the other side of the coin is that having TWS version completes my TWS line, while I already know that I'm not going to have even half of the CW line. So at least I'll have one complete line.

Received my captain America today. Of course the second I open it up it has a glue spot on the right side. I opened a case with sideshow so I'll keep you guys posted. IMG_0010.jpg

Opening a new figure is the most stressful part, I always worry I'll have a defective one lol.

Same here. Luckily, I've never had the misfortune of receiving a figure with any major defects. Sure a little minor thing here and there (which in my opinion is to be expected with something hand made), but nothing that's necessitated a replacement.

Got mine today. I own a few Cap figures (2 of the three TFA and the Avengers one). I must say this is my favorite thus far. Here are some quick pictures from my smartphone.

3eab56b6eed8da6cb3ac7bf454ecae1c.jpg

41bb04f95b8cf71af6730e914e3867a4.jpg

e84b7c0fc15496c636222143db26fe61.jpg

fdfa5bf221263089eb274c78e5c07a15.jpg

340d146900bdf5a60b0ca29ff628a591.jpg

Nice pics! :duff

I'm having a tough time deciding just how I want to pose this. He arrived before I had a chance to really settle on one in my mind. :lol

I tend to be a museum to subtle action poser, but the gritted teeth face plate is too unique in my opinion to not use. I also want to display the Crossbones helmet with him, so I want to display him in a pose that will represent both the opening Lagos sequence and the final fight with Iron Man.

Back