1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone who also brought it up before or inquired about it, I also think the fact that this figure includes a separate un-helmeted sculpt is a pretty good indicator that they won't be producing a civvy Steve for CW the way they did for TWS.

Partly due to the poor sales of civvie steve and the many steve heads out there now. Unless they make a new headsculpt which knowing HT they will not for this movie.

Partly due to the poor sales of civvie steve and the many steve heads out there now. Unless they make a new headsculpt which knowing HT they will not for this movie.

Exactly. Civvy Steve wasn't really a popular figure; I quite like himself actually, but he wasn't even popular enough to boost sales of SS Cap by packaging them together.

I know some people awhile back wondered if HT was perhaps going to do a similar two pack for CW, but the fact that a separate un-helmeted sculpt is included with this figure should indicate all but a definitive no.

Aww it wasn't? I thought Civvie Steve was such a cool figure. XD Hell, I think Civvie versions of most superheros would be awesome. I'd love to eventually see a skinny Steve someday though.

Maybe the angry faceplate will look more natural if they didn't put dark shadows between the teeth. I'm talking about what we scale modelers call "scale color." The figure is in 1:6 scale so that's like looking at a real person from afar. At that distance, you almost couldn't see the lines between the teeth.

I thought Civvie Steve was such a cool figure.

I think he is too. He's actually my second favorite Cap figure out of all of the Caps, behind only AoU. GA would be third (with TWS Civvy Steve sculpt, not the bean headed stock sculpt).

Aw, was kind of hoping for a civvie Steve and civvie Bucky set :lol I'm satisfied with suited-up Steve fo CW, but I'm still holding onto hope for a civvie Bucky, as unlikely as it may be given the sheer number of figures that'll come out of CW. I'm kind of bummed I didn't get the TWS civvie/Stealth suit set way back when. I own the Stealth suit version, but civvie Steve would have been a cool addition to my other Caps.

Maybe the angry faceplate will look more natural if they didn't put dark shadows between the teeth. I'm talking about what we scale modelers call "scale color." The figure is in 1:6 scale so that's like looking at a real person from afar. At that distance, you almost couldn't see the lines between the teeth.

I think you nailed it. That's the same type of nitpick I have with the Iron Studios statue. The space in between the rings of Cap's shield shouldn't be that noticeable, even at 1/4 scale.

xiscapaou14_f.jpg

The problem with the angry face for me is that the expression doesn't change in his eyes... It's still the open stare instead of intense anger. I know you really can't see a full furrowed brow in a helmet, but the eyes should be squinty a bit... Now he just looks like he's faking a smile or something... reminds me of the Terminator in T-2 when John was teaching him to smile.
ORduxFt.jpg

Still, I like that they made the effort and it still looks decent to me.

The problem with the angry face for me is that the expression doesn't change in his eyes... It's still the open stare instead of intense anger. I know you really can't see a full furrowed brow in a helmet, but the eyes should be squinty a bit... Now he just looks like he's faking a smile or something... reminds me of the Terminator in T-2 when John was teaching him to smile.
View attachment 246118

Yeah I was wondering what was making it look a bit off and it's that the eyes don't match the angry mouth expression.

It's just a blank stare causing him to look like he's cheesing for a photo or brushing his teeth. They're using the same eyes as the one being used with the neutral mouth plate.

25021564976_637e6e1284_b.jpg

Will Cap go up for order today, or is Sideshow closed for President's Day?

View attachment 246118

This is also what I think is making it look a bit awkward for some.

The mouth expression itself I think is fine, it's just that the eyes don't really match it extremely well since they're still using the same eyes that they use for the emotionless stare.

I'm still going to be using that particular mouth plate though, at least at first. Like you mentioned, I like the fact that they made an effort to do a different expression that conveys emotion as opposed to the same stoic expressions that they use on the majority of their sculpts. It'll provide a little bit of diversity. Like you also mentioned, it still looks decent. Still a bit awkward, but it's not an utter atrocity by any means.

Didn't think I'd be getting this figure since I have aou, but it's unique enough to warrant a purchase. Love the interchangeable plates. I plan to pose the AOU version with the head sculpt, and this one with the angry face

I'm hoping this gets packaged in a two pack with winter soldier like the bvs figs

Nah, not bad at all. $5 less than what I thought it would be. It's the same retail price as AoU Cap, which is pretty good considering it comes with essentially three different sculpt options as opposed to the two with AoU and also with the extra broken Crossbones helmet accessory.

Back