1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My BC bats has the thigh gap issue to. I hadn't even noticed it or been remotely bothered by it till I looked on here :lol sometimes ignorance is bliss!

What's bothering me slightly more is the armour, especially the chest plates, all seem to be off centre to the left like its lopsided.

I've had 2 Armored Bats and one armor plate was even and the other was to the left. I think it was how it was glued or constructed. I sold the lopsided one and kept the straight one.

I dont think there are any issues on the leg gap. Its just a matter of adjustment. The thigh armor is not glued to the suit.
It is removable. If you remove the shoes, the thigh armor would be able to slip off the legs.

Here's a pic of Clipperking's video when he removed the armor to test how the outfit is attached.
As you can see, if you remove the shoes, the thigh armor comes off. Same thing if you remove the gloves, you can take off the gauntlets and the arm band attached to it.

I've got the same issue. I did not bother to notice. Until now. Thanks. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have both this version and the Black Chrome exclusive. I don't see the need to keep both and don't really care if I have the movie accurate version or not. Which would you guys recommend keeping in your collection if you had to choose one?

Having had both, the white blemishes in the black chrome armour version really ruined the figure for me-everyone has it.
Still surprised no one is mentioning it.
It makes it look like a Kenner toy

Having had both, the white blemishes in the black chrome armour version really ruined the figure for me-everyone has it.

maybe not that many people own the figure or it's not that bad.

It's actually been mentioned at least a few times. Either in this thread or the BC thread.

Not only is it not that bad, it's a brilliant figure. Ridiculous exaggeration to say it looks like Kenner toy. If screen accuracy is at all important to you the regular armour is better, its also more versatile in terms of what lighting you can use but the BC version still looks stunning in the right conditions.

The only feature I'm disappointed with, and it will be the same on both versions, is the light up eyes. They fade so quickly it barely seems worth bothering with. Was reading about soap reactor getting round that issue but not sure if it could be used with this figure. :confused:

Not only is it not that bad, it's a brilliant figure. Ridiculous exaggeration to say it looks like Kenner toy. If screen accuracy is at all important to you the regular armour is better

My sentiments as well.

I think both figures are spectacular, but I do think the white painted scratches on the BC do tend to look a little embellished, at least in most pictures I've seen. To say it makes it look like a "Kenner toy" though is indeed a bit of an exaggeration. It still looks like a beautiful figure and whichever one you choose simply comes down to personal taste or whether or not screen accuracy is a big deal to you.

For me personally, I went with the regular one because it's the one that was actually worn. Simple as that.

I know the regular suit is the screen one but the BC looks like what is shown on screen more than the regular one imo. I guess the rain and coloring of the movie makes it look like that to me. Maybe thats where HT got the idea for the BC.

I know the regular suit is the screen one but the BC looks like what is shown on screen more than the regular one imo. I guess the rain and coloring of the movie makes it look like that to me. Maybe thats where HT got the idea for the BC.

I have to disagree with that. I have the BC and love it but the regular is the one for screen accuracy. Only in a few shots in the rain does it ever resemble the BC look and that is 100% down to lighting. If I'd bought the BC for movie accuracy I'd be very disappointed, it's just a cool alternate look. Two great figures.

After watching the fight sequence again last time I saw BvS, the suit never really looked full on black to me. "Screen accuracy" is also what the suit actually looks like in normal lighting, not how it looks on screen. Lighting can be adjusted in various scenes to ostensibly give a suit a different color, but the actual color of the suit is constant.

Having them both at one point, they are both equally stunning.

I usually make a pros and cons list when having a hard decision, and I found more pros on the Regular.
The biggest selling point for me is that not only is it the true color of the armor, the regular also looked more like its made of diecast...it looks like its made of metal.
The Black Chrome didnt really look likes its made of metal to me, it looks plasticky...certainly Not saying it is cheap looking, it just didnt look metallic to me.
Although it was the better looking of the two.

But in the end, I found more pros with the Regular so I stuck with it.

Future crossover, perhaps?

JwyBBIJ.jpg

Was away for December but when I got back the spear was waiting for me. Definitely a must have accessory for this figure.

BvS%20-%20Armored%20Batman_zps7xclj301.jpg

My sentiments as well.

I think both figures are spectacular, but I do think the white painted scratches on the BC do tend to look a little embellished, at least in most pictures I've seen. To say it makes it look like a "Kenner toy" though is indeed a bit of an exaggeration. It still looks like a beautiful figure and whichever one you choose simply comes down to personal taste or whether or not screen accuracy is a big deal to you.

For me personally, I went with the regular one because it's the one that was actually worn. Simple as that.

I wasn't meaning the white scratches I was meaning the white hue that is on every one
It's under all the armour plates and it truly ruins this figure
It's meant to be black chrome-but when it's got a white bleed through the plastic on the sections it's joined/it looks bad.
Each to their own though, I stuck with my regular armoured version and I bought two of these just in case mine was a one off- but nope they all have it
6ae84a5a445fd7059d535852a8973331.png

Was away for December but when I got back the spear was waiting for me. Definitely a must have accessory for this figure.

BvS%20-%20Armored%20Batman_zps7xclj301.jpg

Man I love that pose! I'm trying to steal it for my BC Bats if you don't mind :lol How do you get him to bend forward like that? I can't get any kind of articulation in his body and I cant replicate that bend of the left leg you have going on there. :dunno

Man I love that pose! I'm trying to steal it for my BC Bats if you don't mind :lol How do you get him to bend forward like that? I can't get any kind of articulation in his body and I cant replicate that bend of the left leg you have going on there. :dunno

Twisting and being less than gentle.

Toys era spear is a must for this figure.

Attachments

• IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1024.JPG
    IMG_1024.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 222
I wouldn't say the Toys-Era spear in particular; there's a lot of great spears out there. A spear in general though really adds to this figure. Nice pics! :clap

Has anyone had any luck finding somewhere to buy replacement batteries for the Toys Era spear? I've never seen this type of battery before and no idea how long it will last.

Back