1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try laying the figure on its back and bending the arm 90 degrees at the elbow, so the forearm is facing up. It exposes more of the wrist peg.

Congrats
Any customs taxes?
Do they mark low value?
Always want to order but not use if i get hit by customs :(

Yep, i had to pay VAT+import tax. I'm reconciled with it every time i order collectibles outside the eu.
No, they mark packages as merchandise with real value.

Decided to give my Armored Batman his own little "Hot Toy" figure.

UCxSbN4.jpg

Finally got him. He is magnificent.
The paint app is really something.
And if you have the spear he really shines.

Was bothered tho by the limited articulations so I decided to mod it right away. Inspired by Tony Mei work.

First remove the armor, arms and legs slide easily.
The belt and chest are both glued on both sides. Warm them with a hairdryer to avoid to break anything when ungluing.
You have access to the suit with has to be unstiched at the back.
Remove the rubber neck, gently as its glued to the suit.
Under the suit the body is covered with a muscular rubber suit that limits the articulations.
There was some white foam padding glued on the ankles too, useless so I just removed them.
I have cut the rubber suit at some key parts.

JointPics_20161223_212205.JPG
JointPics_20161223_211533.JPG
JointPics_20161223_211737.JPG

-The shoulders (arms can go way up, on the sides, front, turn at the biceps)
-The waist ( can now turn left/right can bend front/back)
-The inside of the elbows (make it easier to bend)
-The crotch front/back (was cut already but I cut a bit more, more articulations of the legs)
-The back of the knees (a A shape just like the front of the knees, make it easier to bend).

Then while I was at it I wanted to have a look at the body because even with the rubber suit cut some articulations were limited.

The body is basically a supes man of Steel body but with the chest in hard plastic with no articulated neck.
The chest, abs and waist were all connected with some sort of thin foam sheet that blocked the body to move freely. I've cut the foam at the connections.

Still the chest weirdly could not move.
Then I noticed that there was an extra screw in the middle back abs section.
After removing the chest I could see that that screw was going inside the ball peg that connects the chest to the abs. The ball peg unlike any peg I've ever seen before had a hole where the screw went.
It blocked the chest to move freely like any other bodies out there. So I removed the screw and now the body had all its articulations restored.

_20161223_210505.JPG

While I was at it I added nail polish on the chest ball peg, elbows and feet ball pegs to make the articulations tighter.
I also unscrewed a tiny bit the shoulders In order to make them less a
Hard to move ( felt they were so tight that they could break when moving the arms).

Then I put the rubber suit back.
Suit was glued back on the chest, tiny glue at the middle front and back just under the neck to make sure it stays in place.
The lower part of the rubber suit, was glued on the front/back/sides at the waist.
I had to do some fitting/cutting to make sure the top/lower part don't go on top of each others at the waist.
For esthetic reason I added some foam padding on the crotch area.

Put the suit back on, tested the articulations.
Purrrfect 😸
Sewed the suit back on.
Glued back on the rubber neck and the chest armor/belt.

5f07c98c-c18f-4586-976a-b2a0f08bff37.jpg
_20161224_090917.JPG

Pretty easy mods, some are necessary (the shoulders) others are extras who are limited by the armor itself but still allow more articulations.

This figure is da bomb.

Nice job!

Can anyone explain me why ïf this is an easy mod, HT don't build figures like that and instead of it they produce figures with a very limited articulation? I'm just curious.

There will be a reason for it, they won't have just restricted articulation for the sake of it. I remember with the diecast Mark III, the ankles were built with the joint locked up for something along the lines of preventing it from wearing away and causing a fall.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks futurion.

Yes sometimes its to avoid damages but most of the it's jus weird conception.
The first order troopers have Fatsuit that suppose to give them a better look but they look fine without it, the armor sits well too.
The mist useless thing is the fabric they put around the elbows, probably to avoid the articulations to pinch the pleather suit, never happened to me.
The flametrooper for exemple need the Fatsuit or the armor would fall but you need just to rework it a bit, cut the sleeves, cut the crotch more and have way more articulations.
I might go back and cut the fatsuit in the waist section just like the armored bat to allow the flametrooper trooper to turn left right, forward backward.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163426&p=8730912&viewfull=1#post8730912

I think here it's pure laziness, they slip the rubber suit as one piece as its faster.
The screw in the abs section is clearly there to limit the articulation, it's quite stupid since it's the same kind of armor that Zod has and he doesn't have that screw.
The armor design itself prevents you from extreme poses.
So...

Last edited:
Gauntlet-ejecting-lasso :lol

Can armored Bats articulate his arm straight up as if to be scaling down from the grapnel?

vlcsnap-00001.jpg

You can't do a straight up.
Even with the rubber suit cut at the shoulder, you are still limited by the fabric batsuit itself.
Best I could do
_20161224_193641.jpg

Tried the crouching, ready to run pose and "here I am"
_20161224_193734.jpg
_20161224_193547.jpg

ANH quite the contrary i modded my figure.
No way you can achieve those pose with the stock figure.

Back