1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent picture with Superman, Macbacca.

Just received mine:

Nice pic. He looks so good in that simple pose, any lack of articulation really doesn't matter.

Just curious, if you ordered from SS? I assume UK sellers won't have him in stock for a while.

Excellent picture with Superman, Macbacca.

Just received mine:

Excellent picture.

I like how you've adjusted his bandolier as well. I lengthened mine as well, but it's still not quite as long as that and I've pretty much adjusted mine to where it barely just leaves enough slack without coming undone. Is yours lengthened to the max in order to get it that long?

Nice pic. He looks so good in that simple pose, any lack of articulation really doesn't matter.

Just curious, if you ordered from SS? I assume UK sellers won't have him in stock for a while.

People were right about the articulation but because I'm so boring I always have museum poses anyway! I got it from a UK shop - Albion Comics I think it was called. I was going to buy from ForbiddenPlanet.com as they received their stock last week but it was cheaper at this place.

Excellent picture.

I like how you've adjusted his bandolier as well. I lengthened mine as well, but it's still not quite as long as that and I've pretty much adjusted mine to where it barely just leaves enough slack without coming undone. Is yours lengthened to the max in order to get it that long?

Cheers for that - yeah, I adjusted the bandolier to the maximum it will go without coming undone. It bugged me how high up it was and after looking at pics from the film, I noticed that it can completely cover the cape clip on his shoulder so that's what I aimed for.

Cheers for that - yeah, I adjusted the bandolier to the maximum it will go without coming undone. It bugged me how high up it was and after looking at pics from the film, I noticed that it can completely cover the cape clip on his shoulder so that's what I aimed for.

:duff

Yeah, I adjusted mine as well. I have mine at what I feel is the maximum though to where it's still able to form a bit of a hook around the piece in back where you adjust it at, so that way it doesn't feel like it'll slide out or mistakenly get yanked out easily. With how much I have mine adjusted, I'm only able to cover about 1/2 of the clasp for the cape on his shoulder.

image.jpg

Would you mind taking an image of the back of your bandolier at all, showing how far you have yours adjusted?

Finally! The Armored Batman is complete...
Thanks to Tony Mei's Kryptonite Spear.
Solid spear in hand. It's got some weight to it but enough that the armored Batman can grip it nicely. Paint applications are perfect. The kryptonite spear is shaded perfectly and has a nice glossy shine to it. It matches nicely with the glowing kryptonite that came with the Hot Toys BvS Superman Special Edition.
9cf142643a4956a65d909e7567b1a439.jpg

3f588b5c98aac16ad54e781c9693650d.jpg

da63fe4fd9a953c71c8c85b6dd459f47.jpg

73055b344c2cf5cdd5cbee4195088f13.jpg

0b3132afcc3f41d1988db4985ef66290.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People were right about the articulation but because I'm so boring I always have museum poses anyway! I got it from a UK shop - Albion Comics I think it was called. I was going to buy from ForbiddenPlanet.com as they received their stock last week but it was cheaper at this place.

:rotfl I'm equally boring with the museum poses but then Detolf's don't really have the space for very dynamic poses. To be fair to Hot Toys its probably hard to make this figure very screen accurate without sacrificing articulation. Affleck probably couldn't move much in the real suit :lol

Just curious if anyone from U.K. that's ordered from Forbbiden Planet.com has had there's yet? It's showing as waiting for information from suppliers, but I did pre-order it in January!

Finally! The Armored Batman is complete...
Thanks to Tony Mei's Kryptonite Spear.
Solid spear in hand. It's got some weight to it but enough that the armored Batman can grip it nicely. Paint applications are perfect. The kryptonite spear is shaded perfectly and has a nice glossy shine to it. It matches nicely with the glowing kryptonite that came with the Hot Toys BvS Superman Special Edition.
9cf142643a4956a65d909e7567b1a439.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can this spear be purchased?

That spear looks awesome. Can't wait to receive mine from OSK. He just feels so incomplete without it.

Here ya go - It literally just hooks through. It's nice and secure as the belt loop is so tight:

Thanks for that. :duff

Yep, that's about how far mine is as well. After some futzing with the bandolier itself without further adjusting it, I was able to get it to cover the entire clasp and also sit a bit further down his abdomen.

image.jpg

The one that OSK is selling is actually made by Toys-Era I believe, and can also be purchased through them. They're producing a LED light up one (which is the one OSK is selling) and another one that glows in the dark.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

unbiased as I won't be purchasing either spear, but IMO, Tony's spear looks far better with the figures
the OSK one looks like a toy in the figures hands, better than no spear, but HT should have done this properly and included it with the figure

And also released the batsignal by now, damnit, I want that with my Batman!

unbiased as I won't be purchasing either spear, but IMO, Tony's spear looks far better with the figures
the OSK one looks like a toy in the figures hands, better than no spear, but HT should have done this properly and included it with the figure

And also released the batsignal by now, damnit, I want that with my Batman!

Oh no, I would completely agree. The Toy-Era/OSK spear(s) look nice, but I'm certain TM's has far more sharper detail and is more aesthetically pleasing. Much of his stuff is unsurpassed. However, I'm also sure it's quite expensive, and rightfully so given the amount of detail and time probably put into it. However, for me as a buyer, I'm not willing to pay roughly half the price (perhaps more) of an actual figure for what all intensive purposes is simply a mere accessory. I heard the Superman EX Kryptonite rock accessory at one point was fetching around $75 (not sure if it still is) which was utterly ludicrous to me. Would I like to have a spear in Armored Bats's hand? Absolutely. Does he absolutely require one in order to look good? Not for roughly an extra $100, no.

The Toys-Era/OSK spear while likely not as detailed, sounds better at roughly $30-$40 while still being passable cosmetic wise and gets the job done as far as wielding a spear.

I also think TM's custom spear and also DoggieDoc's custom one would probably be more detailed than a HT made one.

Oh no, I would completely agree. The Toy-Era/OSK spear(s) look nice, but I'm certain TM's has far more sharper detail and is more aesthetically pleasing. Much of his stuff is unsurpassed. However, I'm also sure it's quite expensive, and rightfully so given the amount of detail and time probably put into it. However, for me as a buyer, I'm not willing to pay roughly half the price (perhaps more) of an actual figure for what all intensive purposes is simply a mere accessory. I heard the Superman EX Kryptonite rock accessory at one point was fetching around $75 (not sure if it still is) which was utterly ludicrous to me. Would I like to have a spear in Armored Bats's hand? Absolutely. Does he absolutely require one in order to look good? Not for roughly an extra $100, no.

The Toys-Era/OSK spear while likely not as detailed, sounds better at roughly $30-$40 while still being passable cosmetic wise and gets the job done as far as wielding a spear.

I also think TM's custom spear and also DoggieDoc's custom one would probably be more detailed than a HT made one.

This hobby is already expensive. Its almost impractical to spend $75+ for an accessory. I think the OSK spear is fine. Anything higher and you hit a point of diminishing returns...for a whole lot of money.

Great pics guys. Mine should be arriving sometime this week. Didn't realize there's a custom spear beside OSK Toys-Era. Any pics for that?

Hey, anyone who's lowered the bandolier on this guy, could you reiterate how you did it safely? I've scanned some of the pages in this thread but probably missed the explanation. I'm nervous to just start pulling at it when I've seen that some people accidentally snapped theirs on opening up the box; my fingers are unwieldy enough as is.

Back