1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the difference besides the price? They look exactly the same to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Based on the pictures, perhaps slightly more detail in the Kryptonite spear tip from all I can see, if anything. Not quite vast or clear enough of a difference in my opinion to warrant a $50+ price increase for a mere accessory. The close up of the Kryptonite spear tip of the Toys-Era/OSK one show it to be pretty detailed to me.

To each their own though.

If you can't see a difference, best to stick with the $35 version or wait until they release their final product.
1c47214e27e94b6db6a7de3f9f2876f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know TM is your bud so I do understand your inclination to vigorously defend any of his customizations as being the route to go. And I'm not taking anything away from TM because he is one of the best customizers out there, if not the best. I'm certain if you were to scrupulously examine each spear in hand, you probably would be able to find nuances. However, the point is I don't feel it's vast enough of a difference to warrant a $50+ price increase for something that is a mere accessory and end up paying roughly half the price of an actual figure. :dunno

If it's worth that much to you, then by all means, pay it. Something is worth however much it's worth to you, regardless if you can afford it or not. :duff

As I explained earlier, these customs aren't for everybody. For you to assume I'm just defending him because he's a friend of mine, you're far from the truth.
No one's forcing anyone to buy any custom that's out of their price range, but for someone to say that the toys era version is close to tony Mei's is pretty one sided considering that the final version hasn't released yet and from the preview pictures, it's not hard to see that there IS a difference. But to each their own.

Kryptonite Spear on display at WB Studios
2ceb9ed50a2118357502058d07a73435.jpg

310d8e912703d06076771fbaadcf2e85.jpg

Its less that TM is his friend, and more of him attempting to justify the extra money spent in his own mind. Of course, that is only my opinion.

Its less that TM is his friend, and more of him attempting to justify the extra money spent in his own mind. Of course, that is only my opinion.

That pretty much sums it up. For $35, you pretty much get what you pay for.

If people want to pay $50 for slightly better paintjob, then by all means.

I'll stick with the cheaper, practical alternative.
For me, these aren't investments for me to dunk all my money in.
These are toys to enjoy.

In any case, everyone budgets their money differently.
Let's all enjoy the hobby!

That pretty much sums it up. For $35, you pretty much get what you pay for.

I think you misunderstood me. I am saying that the buyer of the $100 spear is attempting to justify their purchase not only to others, but to himself as well.

I think you misunderstood me. I am saying that the buyer of the $100 spear is attempting to justify their purchase not only to others, but to himself as well.

Well YOU definitely misunderstood me. I've got no problems spending my money on something that I know is as close to possible to being screen accurate vs something that was mass produced. I can't wait to see the final pics of the Toys Era version and we can talk about this again.

Well YOU definitely misunderstood me. I've got no problems spending my money on something that I know is as close to possible to being screen accurate vs something that was mass produced. I can't wait to see the final pics of the Toys Era version and we can talk about this again.

I am sure that the various dings and scratches on Armored Batman are not completely screen accurate, but you hold the accuracy of the spear to a different standard than the figure itself?

Also, it sounds like you are more attracted to the exclusivity rather than the accuracy.

I am sure that the various dings and scratches on Armored Batman are not completely screen accurate, but you hold the accuracy of the spear to a different standard than the figure itself?

Also, it sounds like you are more attracted to the exclusivity rather than the accuracy.

You're going off topic. I'm talking about the spear itself and the reason why the spear stands out is because of its accuracy. Not once did I even mention the word exclusive, but if the spear's accuracy is what makes it stand out, I've got no problems with that either.

I don't doubt the TM spear is better, it should be at the increased price, but that Toys-Era pic that keeps getting posted is fuzzy and low res. Obviously won't give a flattering comparison next to that sharper image of the TM spear. The spear head looks more rounded and less detailed on the Toys-Era but I can live with that at 1/6 scale.

You're going off topic. I'm talking about the spear itself and the reason why the spear stands out is because of its accuracy. Not once did I even mention the word exclusive, but if the spear's accuracy is what makes it stand out, I've got no problems with that either.

"Vs one that is mass produced"

Exclusivity.

Maybe a bit off-topic, but relatedly to accessories, I was watching the animated Dark Knight Returns the other day and man oh man I wish the movie this figure is from had included a handheld sonic weapon. I know he uses larger cannon-type devices in BvS instead, but that moment in the comic/cartoon is basically like grizzled Batman's quick-draw cowboy moment to me, where he whips the device out and takes Superman down. I bet that look would've been gorgeous on this sculpt.

The spear should have come with the figure in the first place but I'm not into spending half the price of the figure on an accessory because it might be a little more accurate. It must be difficult to be such a stickler for accuracy and collect Hot Toys since they tend to get details wrong from time to time.

I'm not sure how many times HT will go to this well given all the films coming up soon, but I'd be shocked if we didn't see a battle damaged version given how much damage the suit took with a spear included.

As I explained earlier, these customs aren't for everybody. For you to assume I'm just defending him because he's a friend of mine, you're far from the truth.
No one's forcing anyone to buy any custom that's out of their price range, but for someone to say that the toys era version is close to tony Mei's is pretty one sided considering that the final version hasn't released yet and from the preview pictures, it's not hard to see that there IS a difference. But to each their own.

Kryptonite Spear on display at WB Studios
2ceb9ed50a2118357502058d07a73435.jpg

310d8e912703d06076771fbaadcf2e85.jpg

Couldn't agree more mate, there's a lot of people on this forum that want to complain about something - they can use any reason they want to find fault.
But I'm with you- it's your money and its upto you if you get it.
You don't have to justify it to anyone.
Lots of fuds on this forum suffering from repressed jealousy

Couldn't agree more mate, there's a lot of people on this forum that want to complain about something - they can use any reason they want to find fault.
But I'm with you- it's your money and its upto you if you get it.
You don't have to justify it to anyone.
Lots of fuds on this forum suffering from repressed jealousy

True Story. [emoji1360]

Back