1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, anyone who's lowered the bandolier on this guy, could you reiterate how you did it safely? I've scanned some of the pages in this thread but probably missed the explanation. I'm nervous to just start pulling at it when I've seen that some people accidentally snapped theirs on opening up the box; my fingers are unwieldy enough as is.

Adjust it from back,it will only take you 20 seconds

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

北京国安;8911248 said:
Adjust it from back,it will only take you 20 seconds

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
I'm not sure why everyone is so hesitant to adjust things with these figures. It's so easy to do...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why everyone is so hesitant to adjust things with these figures. It's so easy to do...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Maybe its their first fig, or theyre simply not comfortable. Theres tons of stories on here of people breaking things, id be hesitant too

Welcome! Credit to Silverstar for posting those pics!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks! :duff

Hey, anyone who's lowered the bandolier on this guy, could you reiterate how you did it safely? I've scanned some of the pages in this thread but probably missed the explanation. I'm nervous to just start pulling at it when I've seen that some people accidentally snapped theirs on opening up the box; my fingers are unwieldy enough as is.

People have snapped their bandoliers just on opening up the box? I would guess that it was already broken then in that case or they did some extreme tugging on it, because the bandolier from what I can tell is pretty sturdy and not very flimsy at all, such as ANH Vader's belt, for instance.

Anyway, like was mentioned, it literally takes about 20 seconds. Just flip up the cape and in the back, you just simply lightly pull it through the loop according to the length you want it. I personally left just enough slack on mine to where there is still enough material of the bandolier to fold it through the loop.

Got him from BBTS today. He is indeed a beast.

I can see how some people have had trouble with their bandoliers. On mine, all of the spots where it went through a loop were glued down except one. I almost tore it open before I found the one that was not glued.

99f108ddd9765728cc090313054e6721.jpg

That looks awesome! Very nice pose as well. Yeah, good point about the bandolier. The loops are all pretty taut, so even the one that isn't glued down where you adjust it even looks like it's glued down. Fortunately, I was able to pinpoint the unglued loop right away for adjusting before prying apart the ones that are glued.

Out of curiosity, for those that have Superman and wanted to secure an extra ball cradler post as opposed to the c-clamp that he comes with, were you able to do so without having to buy a totally duplicate base and post together as a set? Right now, my Supes is using the ball cradler post that came with my Armored Bats and I initially used the c-clamp that came with Supes on Armored Bats, but I just absolutely loathe that malleable post that HT uses because when you twist it bend it, it causes the cape to poof out. So right now, I just precariously have Armored Bats free standing on his base. Need to secure another ball cradler post, but really don't want to end up buying a needless base just to get the post.

mine SHOULD arrive tomorrow... customs decided to hold on to it for about 4 days last week... I don't think I've been this impatient for a figure, lol, just knowing it was 30 minutes from my house for 8 days was kinda driving me nuts....

That looks awesome! Very nice pose as well. Yeah, good point about the bandolier. The loops are all pretty taut, so even the one that isn't glued down where you adjust it even looks like it's glued down. Fortunately, I was able to pinpoint the unglued loop right away for adjusting before prying apart the ones that are glued.

Out of curiosity, for those that have Superman and wanted to secure an extra ball cradler post as opposed to the c-clamp that he comes with, were you able to do so without having to buy a totally duplicate base and post together as a set? Right now, my Supes is using the ball cradler post that came with my Armored Bats and I initially used the c-clamp that came with Supes on Armored Bats, but I just absolutely loathe that malleable post that HT uses because when you twist it bend it, it causes the cape to poof out. So right now, I just precariously have Armored Bats free standing on his base. Need to secure another ball cradler post, but really don't want to end up buying a needless base just to get the post.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People have snapped their bandoliers just on opening up the box? I would guess that it was already broken then in that case or they did some extreme tugging on it, because the bandolier from what I can tell is pretty sturdy and not very flimsy at all, such as ANH Vader's belt, for instance.

Anyway, like was mentioned, it literally takes about 20 seconds. Just flip up the cape and in the back, you just simply lightly pull it through the loop according to the length you want it. I personally left just enough slack on mine to where there is still enough material of the bandolier to fold it through the loop.

Ah, I see. I must've misunderstood. That's comforting, at least, to know it may last if it wasn't broken in production. Thanks for the clarification.

Got him from BBTS today. He is indeed a beast.

I can see how some people have had trouble with their bandoliers. On mine, all of the spots where it went through a loop were glued down except one. I almost tore it open before I found the one that was not glued.

That's basically why I was nervous, yeah. I'd been plucking at the straps and had started thinking maybe all of them were attached.

This hobby is already expensive. Its almost impractical to spend $75+ for an accessory. I think the OSK spear is fine. Anything higher and you hit a point of diminishing returns...for a whole lot of money.

This hobby isn't for everyone. Same with customizing or ordering extra custom items to make your figure look a whole lot better. I don't think about diminishing returns mainly because custom items and figures, are the ones I plan on keeping in my collection. Grail figures made by Hot Toys will always be around and obtainable.
8a28629e095d70e7f71981d620bcf411.jpg

7a670fd23da7f31d620c6bae6a5bb81c.jpg

I don't think about diminishing returns mainly because custom items and figures, are the ones I plan on keeping in my collection. Grail figures made by Hot Toys will always be around and obtainable.

The accessories would most likely look very very similar enough to not justify a $50 price hike.
That's what the definition of "diminishing returns" is.

Back