1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

This is the Batman from BvS that I've been waiting for. High-End Armored Batman figure's a dream come true for me, being a Miller Batman fan. If HT makes a QS version, my wallet will surely be doomed.

I'm hoping that it's not the figure to be paired with the Batsignal, or should it be, make it at least optional. I'm happy with just the figure.

Also, LOL @ al the "I HOPE IT'S DIECAST REMARKS" on other groups online. Like it would do anything good other than making HT richer by $100 per Armored Batman unit.

Re: Hot Toys Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Hope this figure isn't too expensive. I have no interest in a signal with a big blob of a bat.

I'm guessing this'll be at least $275.

Color me happy if that's all it will be. :slap :lol I was expecting more! :lol

I said "at least"! Let's make it an even $300 then, wait, $325. ;)

Dammit, I would still be willing to pay that much. :cuss :lol

Okay, can you learn and master 127 martial arts? Can you train your body to an extend of having a decades spanning career of crimefighting that may frequently include mutants, aliens, gods etc, despite frequently being sleep deprived to the point of not sleeping for a week without experiencing loss in cognitive or physical efficiency, all that while still maintaining a completely functional social facade and managing a billion dollar company.

Not mentioning being a "jack of all trades" that includes being master and expert in detective/mentalist work, countless applied sciences, disciplines and engineering branches that your genius level intellect and IQ of possibly above 190 allows you.

Sure you can "train", buy some toys and dress like a clown to fight crime, but that doesn't make you Batman, that makes you whatever other "more flawed/realistic" Batman derivative Marvel or else have created, even if you train your whole life that may put you in the level of the Punisher, maybe Moon Knight if you have the money. But not Batman.

Hell, not even the Flash has been shown to be as knowledgeable or cunning as Batman, and the dude can think in attoseconds.

Batman is as much fantasy as Superman.

Christian Bale had almost none of that **** and he was Batman.:lol

Christian Bale had almost none of that **** and he was Batman.:lol
But then you get into the argument that Nolan's Batman isn't really Batman because he had none of that, you could say Batman is more an ideal than an actual person, an ideal only comicbooks can fulfill.

Still, Nolan's Batman trained with ninjas, had billion dollar equipment and armor that could tank falls from skyscrappers ,and still balanced that with a social life and all that... and Nolan may have made Batman "more realistic", but he didn't actually made him realistic in the literal sense of the word.

I'm telling you :lol

Was a Batman, for about a year.
This.

hot-toys-batman1.jpg

12243519_912633962154842_6712725135917082822_n.jpg

Those focused shots just make it look more like it's right out of the movie.

But then you get into the argument that Nolan's Batman isn't really Batman because he had none of that, you could say Batman is more an ideal than an actual person, an ideal only comicbooks can fulfill.

Still, Nolan's Batman trained with ninjas, had billion dollar equipment and armor that could tank falls from skyscrappers ,and still balanced that with a social life and all that... and Nolan may have made Batman "more realistic", but he didn't actually made him realistic in the literal sense of the word.

I'm telling you :lol

This.

********. Batman is about a human being standing up to criminals while wearing a leotard and a mask that doesn't actually make him look like a bat.:lol At the end of the day, all of the stuff you said about Batman's 127 fighting styles and genius level intellect is invalid by your own admission. You just argued that Bale's not "really" Batman, and thus, you created a hole in your own logic, that anything in the past 75 years, other than that created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane, is Batman.

Nah, none of that stuff is invalid by my own admission nor I punched any holes in my logic, you're gonna have to back up that one.

But if you want to go that far, then you're right in that the only true representation of every character is the one done by their creators, the rest are interpretations, but that's you saying it, not me.

And then Punisher is Batman because early Batman too used guns and killed and yadda yadda and then you're right, Batman is entirely plausible now, just dress like a retard, play detective and shoot some fools. Check mate.

You have some hilariously low standards for Batman, though.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Pretty much.:lol

Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

This is why we take IPs away from their creators though :lol

That's what I was getting at with the whole "holes in your argument" thing. The idea that Nolan's movies aren't really Batman, when, at the end of the day, they're as valid as any other interpretation, or invalid, as I suggested.:lol

Oh, no I didn't mean that I think Nolan Batman isn't Batman myself, I meant that that is an argument that's thrown around sometimes.

I think Nolan Batman is still pretty unattainable, like I said, trained with ninjas, has a billion dollar worth equipment, can tank falls from skyscrappers, magically recover from degenerative/chronic crippling injuries, has the engineering skills to reverse engineer a city sonar with cellphones, reprogram the auto-pilot on the Batwing, etc etc. :lol

Nolan Batman is pretty Batmany in my book.

Yeah, I can see that. I was just refuting the idea that you had to know 127 fighting styles and be a genius. All he did was find fingerprints by shooting a brick, when it comes to his keen powers of deduction (and that's coming from a fan:lol).

But you do have to know that stuff, even Nolan Batman had that stuff, awfully represented but it was there.

His fighting style may have looked retarded but he still dispatched thugs by dozens at a time, recreating a bullet is some major ballistic/forensic stuff, and you know, the sonar, the batwing...

Hell, even Nolan's Batman shows what happens when fools think it's plausible to be Batman.

bt84y93.png

The difference is that I'm a rich ninja, you idiot!

:lol

b0SbYTc.png

Back