1/6 Hot Toys - MMS314D12 - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pepper is horrible. One of the few Marvel figures I ever passed on. If they fix her, I will order right away. The headsculpt is horrible. I'm trying to avoid saying this in the Pepper discussion, as I don't want to be "one of those guys".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see. Haven't followed the most recent IM Exclusives, but it seems that among the most recent ones you mentioned, Stealth Mark 7 is the only figure to sell out quickly. I also noticed that the Stealth Mark III has the same SRP as the regular red and gold. I think others like Midas were a tad pricier than its parent figure despite having no Stark headsculpt and being a repaint?

Dec 2013 - Midas $300 (Reg Mk7 $250) Waitlist within 1 week
July 2014 - Python $270 (reg Mark 9 $440-$225 Pepper=$215 value) Waitlist within couple days
Aug 2014 - Peacemaker $270 (reg Red Snapper $255) Sold out Sept 2015
Dec 2014 - Hot Rod $295 (reg War Machine $285, Iron Patriot $310) Waitlist within 1-2 days
Mar 2015 - Mark 7 Stealth $340 (reg Mk7 $250) Waitlist within 1 day
July 2015 - Tank $300 (reg Heartbreaker $250) Available
Sept 2015 - Mk3 DC Stealth $310 (reg Mk3 DC $310) Available

All had a premium of some sort (Python had no equivalent at the time, its more than the upcoming Mk9 but you have to buy Pepper with it), the Mk3-blue being the same price is pretty unusual, but maybe they anticipate less demand for a more comic style? Dunno. I don't want it.

Pepper is horrible. One of the few Marvel figures I ever passed on. If they fix her, I will order right away. The headsculpt is horrible. I'm trying to avoid saying this in the Pepper discussion, as I don't want to be "one of those guys".

So you are just being "one of those guys" in another thread....gotcha. It's ok to not like sculpts and have an opinion, just don't beat people over the head if they disagree either way.

HT has pushed out many subpar sculpts lately due to some growing pains. It appears the AOU and Star War lines are going to push their production schedules in many directions. Han, Chewie and Obi Wan are definitely feeling the effects of whatever is going on there right now.

So you are just being "one of those guys" in another thread....gotcha. It's ok to not like sculpts and have an opinion, just don't beat people over the head if they disagree either way.

HT has pushed out many subpar sculpts lately due to some growing pains. It appears the AOU and Star War lines are going to push their production schedules in many directions. Han, Chewie and Obi Wan are definitely feeling the effects of whatever is going on there right now.

That's where things seem to be going wrong lately. We all have different tastes and opinions, and we all share them. But for some reason, in a typed forum, if there's a difference of opinion some people start attacking others who disagree with them. It's uncalled for. I'll bet more than half of these arguments wouldn't take place if they were held face to face. Someone might get punched out. Not for having a different opinion, but for being attacked and berated for that opinion. Imagine a fist fight, arrest and booking over toys.
Officer: "What happened here."
Freak #1: "He said I was stupid for buying the blue Iron Man because it wasn't in the movie and it wasn't as well made as other action figures because it was based on the new Mk III 2.0. So I hit him."
Freak #2: "He's an idiot for buying a repaint of inferior figure and I just wanted him to know it. And I hit him back."
Officer: "You're gonna need lube."

Just how it could go. :D
Ryan

Sub par? Many?

Sub par? Many?

Yes. The Star Wars non-armor pieces have changed from proto and all three are not being received with glowing reviews. Just go hang out in the Star Wars threads. What sculpts in the last 6 months have they pushed out that are new and you would consider they have done well outside of basically skinnying down a Hawkeye face? They changed the eyes on Cap the one good sculpt they did nail an reused for AOU.

-The Black Widow is a lifeless doll sculpt (both winter soldier and AOU) and with terrible hair (AOU).

-Starlord sculpt is soft, Gamora's hair is terrible in my opinion.

-John Matrix is unrecognizable.

So let me rephrase my initial lowball total and say there are 7 sub par sculpts lately from them. Keaton Batman is coming up on deck so we will see how well they do with that.

Any front box art pics? Looks good to me. I have the red and gold mark lll and may preorder this beauty.

Any front box art pics? Looks good to me. I have the red and gold mark lll and may preorder this beauty.

12004847_529747327177760_5430079956644447433_n.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the Whiplash 2 headsculpt. The new Captain America headsculpts are great. Does Groot count?

And the new Black Widow is not a new sculpt, but they did take a big step backwards on the paint application, and they should have used molded hair. If they fixed those two things, BW would be EPIC!

To me, Pepper is just way, WAY below HT quality. It looks like a man in drag to me, and looks nothing like Paltrow. While HT typically struggles with females, this is even more subpar.

I sold off my entire Star Wars collection, so I'm not racking those. IMHO, most HT figures look damn good, especially in prototype form. To think that Pepper looks this bad as a prototype, I think it could turn out really badly. I'm not a negative person when it comes to HT, I buy pretty much all of them...but I can't give my money to them on such an inferior effort.

Yes. The Star Wars non-armor pieces have changed from proto and all three are not being received with glowing reviews. Just go hang out in the Star Wars threads. What sculpts in the last 6 months have they pushed out that are new and you would consider they have done well outside of basically skinnying down a Hawkeye face? They changed the eyes on Cap the one good sculpt they did nail an reused for AOU.

-The Black Widow is a lifeless doll sculpt (both winter soldier and AOU) and with terrible hair (AOU).

-Starlord sculpt is soft, Gamora's hair is terrible in my opinion.

-John Matrix is unrecognizable.

So let me rephrase my initial lowball total and say there are 7 sub par sculpts lately from them. Keaton Batman is coming up on deck so we will see how well they do with that.

the Star Wars stuff is mostly not released yet. Han looks good to me. Obi wan looks good. I like the hulk. Widow and cap and repaints so you can't attribute that to rushed sculpts. Arkham bats looks good. Your comparison of returns and pepper is not at all with your whole point. You said it changes from proto to release. Neither has been released. I don't have the Matrix figure in hand yet so I don't know how it compares. But unrecognizable I find hard to believe.

I'm pretty happy with the Whiplash 2 headsculpt. The new Captain America headsculpts are great. Does Groot count?

And the new Black Widow is not a new sculpt, but they did take a big step backwards on the paint application, and they should have used molded hair. If they fixed those two things, BW would be EPIC!

To me, Pepper is just way, WAY below HT quality. It looks like a man in drag to me, and looks nothing like Paltrow. While HT typically struggles with females, this is even more subpar.

I sold off my entire Star Wars collection, so I'm not racking those. IMHO, most HT figures look damn good, especially in prototype form. To think that Pepper looks this bad as a prototype, I think it could turn out really badly. I'm not a negative person when it comes to HT, I buy pretty much all of them...but I can't give my money to them on such an inferior effort.

Whiplash is reused from the first figure,same expression added some sweat LoL. Groot is nice, but the commentary is directed more on the human portrait weakness as of late.

Whiplash is reused from the first figure,same expression added some sweat LoL. Groot is nice, but the commentary is directed more on the human portrait weakness as of late.

Those headsculpts aren't the same if you ask me. They are VERY similar, but different. The nose is different as are the lips and wrinkles. It's almost like one is a knockoff of the other, but they don't seem identical. But I get your point that it isn't really a unique and wildly new head.

the Star Wars stuff is mostly not released yet. Han looks good to me. Obi wan looks good. I like the hulk. Widow and cap and repaints so you can't attribute that to rushed sculpts. Arkham bats looks good. Your comparison of returns and pepper is not at all with your whole point. You said it changes from proto to release. Neither has been released. I don't have the Matrix figure in hand yet so I don't know how it compares. But unrecognizable I find hard to believe.

Well they have released 3 of the sculpted figures for Star Wars OT, only Luke and Leia remain so they are further along than just starting. Vader's lid has been tweaked again and it looks bad and wearing oven mits.

I never mentioned pepper and we are waiting for keaton so didn't comment on that either. These were not at all even mentioned for my point.

Han is average and only good at certain angles, Obi is not good as his eyes are bad, beard is terrible and skin coloring is bad. Matrix is just bad. But again that is my opinion.

Those headsculpts aren't the same if you ask me. They are VERY similar, but different. The nose is different as are the lips and wrinkles. It's almost like one is a knockoff of the other, but they don't seem identical. But I get your point that it isn't really a unique and wildly new head.

That is the same cast, they just fattened the lips and narrowed the nose. The same brow lines, scar, jawline, facial hair and overall head sculpting is all the same. They just tweaked the original casting. They did this with Hawkeye as well. Used original cast as a start and tweaked it.

That is the same cast, they just fattened the lips and narrowed the nose. The same brow lines, scar, jawline, facial hair and overall head sculpting is all the same. They just tweaked the original casting. They did this with Hawkeye as well. Used original cast as a start and tweaked it.

Makes sense. That why it looks like it could be almost a knockoff.

Love the figure.
Absolutely hate that cheap cardbord topped stand.
It looks cheap, it feels cheap...cause, its cheap.

Yeah, I think they really lazed out on whiplash, both the resuse and cramming the existing head into the helmet to look like it never did in the film. A new HS like this would have been amazing, perhaps with a sardonic grin

wnf8Tgm.jpg

Back