Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

I smell a poll.

Well first thanks very much for thinking so highly of my ANH Vader. That's very kind and makes me reconsider whether I really need an upgrade.

Below are the only pictures I could find of my Hurricane ESB Vader. Again, these pics are from 2005 -- hence the old apartment kitchen in back that many long-timers will remember well -- so keep in mind this figure is 10 years old now. He's a bit crude compared to more modern versions but at the time he was only the 2nd Vader made after Glenn's own prototype and his first Vader to have light up saber, voice action, breathing sounds, light up belt boxes and light up (blinking in sequence) chest box. For me, at the time, it really was THE ultimate Vader.

Hurricane also made a Boba Fett for me a year later -- again, everything that should light up did, and he had voice action (the good voice) -- which can be seen in the last picture.

View attachment 158965View attachment 158966
View attachment 158967

giphy.gif

Do we really want a naked Leia? :dunno

1983 Leia, sure.

2015 Leia, aw hell naw.

Oh, sorry mate - I just realised you probably thought I aimed that video at you - not at all, it was aimed at Lucas! My apologies.
No worries man. :lol

Question is, do we really want a Leia with the fugly looking rubber body that Hot Toys seems to have hired the designer of Barbie to design for them?
If the new HT 'norm' becomes those horrendous rubber bodies.. they can not only keep that ****, but shove it up their MovieMasterPiece ***es. :lecture

I don't see how Anakin can be considered the hero of Star Wars. He redeemed himself yes, but he slaughtered countless others, including children to get there. How could anyone who did that in their past be a hero?

Anakin was weak, he turned to the darkside so easily, yet Luke refused to give in. Luke couldn't have defeated The Emperor on his own, he needed his father to help him. So he did whatever he could to bring the small amount of goodness left in Vader back.

Anakin was a sweet boy, who turned into a cocky brat. He was just so unlikable as a man and had such disrespect for Obi-Wan, who had been so good to him since Qui-Gon's death.

As for Luke and Leia figures, I can see them being the final releases for ANH and then they move onto ESB.

They're in the closet making out. they're ANH, so they've got no idea they're related.

Woah, I've never received so many reps in a thread before. :lol

Thanks bros.

Vader was just some ******* in a suit that was the Emperor's enforcer. I'm actually surprised people think he's the main character of the OT when it is so very, very clearly a classic hero's journey based on classic storytelling and mythology.

Lucas's over emphasis on the importance of Anakin and his fall is arguably one of the PT's worst failings from a writing perspective, because he was so unlikeable and it wasn't a properly written character story.

people can argue both sides with validity. i still feel OVERALL its more about anakin, but that doesn't mean luke isn't a main player. after seeing the first 3 movies, i HAVE to judge the entire story. of course, if all they made was 4-6, it would be Luke. 1-3 spins it differently for me. i suppose its what makes the movies we love all the more entertaining. at least we aren't arguing about Star Trek. them are are some real GEEKS.

The idea of Vader still having good in him came up when ROTJ was being made. Look how much Vader's characterisation changes in all 3 movies... He is a powerful henchman in the first, ultimate ruthless baddie in the second, and then was made sympathetic in the third so he could have a change of heart and save his son after the plot twist of the second.

I concur with most of what has been said regarding Vader, but is there any supporting evidence for this statement? I know the original draft of Star Wars that was supposedly according to Lucas too long to make into one movie was in actuality just poorly written and a cluster**** of ideas that had to be rewritten. Enter Gary Kurtz.

I am sure Lucas and Kurtz knew Vader was Anakin once ESB was written even if it was left an open question to audiences. I would think they had SOME direction in mind with it being a cliffhanger ending. I feel the ending of ESB when Vader walks past Piett without choking him to death is a nice foreshadowing to "the good in him." What did Gary Kurtz ultimately want for Vader's fate? Do we know?

I concur with most of what has been said regarding Vader, but is there any supporting evidence for this statement? I know the original draft of Star Wars that was supposedly according to Lucas too long to make into one movie was in actuality just poorly written and a cluster**** of ideas that had to be rewritten. Enter Gary Kurtz.

I am sure Lucas and Kurtz knew Vader was Anakin once ESB was written even if it was left an open question to audiences. I would think they had SOME direction in mind with it being a cliffhanger ending. I feel the ending of ESB when Vader walks past Piett without choking him to death is a nice foreshadowing to "the good in him." What did Gary Kurtz ultimately want for Vader's fate? Do we know?

I agree that in the final theatre cut the seeds are sown with Vader's possible redemption.. when this decision was made, who knows... rewrites happen all the time during production, endings are changed etc... That's the beauty of a character who doesn't visually talk as well... you can record any dialogue over the top and edit flashes between Luke and Vader until your heart's content at the 11th hour.... The Vader who goes around force choking his lead Admirals and Generals in ESB has a different personality to the one who steps off the shuttle at the beginning of ROTJ, that's for sure, and you could argue Piett living foreshadows that, or it could be that Vader is just that peeved off, he is scarier when people are looking at him like scared puppies waiting for one of them to die.... Of course pre Jedi script, when ESB was made, the whole "join me Luke" routine may have just be trick to snare Luke in.. (so much for the rule of two... the only 'rule of two' that applied back then was nasty nature of the Dark Side to want to overthrow their master, or replace their student with a better one)

It would take some pretty compelling evidence to convince me of Vader being Anakin way back in ANH though... and not one of these wishy-washy Lucas statements either.. If it was indeed the case, then there was some pretty shabby dialogue choices and plot devices to get to that point, unless Lucas pre planned the biggest Keyser Soyze in advance...

This is the guy in the BTS interviews of Phantom Menace, who rather than admit the lack-lustre dueling of the OT (by PT standards) was due to the technology and choreography of the day.... was because it was old-men or young students vs half men/machine rather than force users in their prime (young Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Darth Maul)... Fast forward to the next two prequels and you have a former Jedi and now Sith Count Dooku, 20 years Obi-Wan's senior when he died, and Yoda and the Emperor all flipping around like circus acrobats..

Dunno what that's supposed to mean... I think the Han Solo sculpt is superb :dunno

Edit: since the previous post was removed, my post makes no sense. But I'm keeping my 12 082nd post dammit.

Last edited:

Jedi luke and cloud City/ Hoth leia please

For a thread about Luke and Leia action figures, this thread has some pretty freaking astute commentary about the films. I for p e would like a ROTJ Luke with hooded robe, after Star Wars Luke of course. ( I have a difficult time with the ANH title as it plays into legitimizing the newer 3 movies.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back