1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine and soooo glad I picked it up. The coupon put me over the edge but also because I don't know if we'll see another one of these made. Fantastic just like the other HT stormies.

Received mine and soooo glad I picked it up. The coupon put me over the edge but also because I don't know if we'll see another one of these made. Fantastic just like the other HT stormies.

We will NEVER see another one of these made! It's an awesome figure, clean classic Stormtrooper with a twist. Anyone who sees it is always intrigued by it.

We will NEVER see another one of these made! It's an awesome figure, clean classic Stormtrooper with a twist. Anyone who sees it is always intrigued by it.

It's always this when a friend sees mine.

Friend: "What is this some EU Star Wars ********?"
Me: "No, the Spacetrooper is real. The backpack, the breathing hose, the large rifle, all of it."
Friend: "So they were in the movie?"
Me: "Yeah, see this scene, those two little guys down there. Wait you missed it, let me rewind."
Friend: "How much do these figures cost again?"

It's always this when a friend sees mine.

Friend: "What is this some EU Star Wars ********?"
Me: "No, the Spacetrooper is real. The backpack, the breathing hose, the large rifle, all of it."
Friend: "So they were in the movie?"
Me: "Yeah, see this scene, those two little guys down there. Wait you missed it, let me rewind."

your reply should be: "Less than the grass you're smoking" :lol

Playing battlefront and the coupon pushed me over the edge on this one. tmp_21273-20160212021606-2006605395.JPG Really like being able to man the turbolasers on the Sullusk map lol

Im waiting for 20%, the $20 doesnt do me much good as I have to pay state tax.

Ordered mine today. That's regular, Jakku, Phasma (PO), captain (PO), and eventually flame. And done.

It's a great figure that I pre-ordered when first announced. I just wish it wasn't one per customer as I'd like another one!

I would look on eBay if you want a second one. With it being available for so long and now at discounted prices (minor discounts but still) you should be able to find it for retail. Once it sells out I'm sure the prices will climb like everything else.

Popcultcha may be folks' best bet for getting a second Spacetrooper at a decent price. I got a second one from them a few weeks ago for $250 shipped, which matches SSC's cost to me (before coupons) as a CA resident. A quick scan of Ebay shows most of the ones there selling for higher than that, though someone with more patience than me can probably find a good deal there.

-Kevin

Yeah, I meant auctions for eBay. Last couple sold for $212/$235 shipped so with patience, like you say, someone might be able to get a second for a good price. Popcultcha is a good option though, that's a great shop, didn't realize they still had this one. I picked up a second Luke Stormtrooper from them for customizing since the same limit applied for him from SS.

So I finally broke down and ordered this guy. Tried using the monthly Sideshow code which was showing bumped up to $30, but it all disappeared after I pressed "place order" and then showed back to $20 in my promo wallet. I did have one of those random $25 off codes so I used that. I decided to use rewards dollars from my credit card for this. Never realized you lose points over time, so apparently I've lost many $$ worth since I've never used em'. Oh well. Live and learn.

Been wanting this since last year and I'm so surprised it hasn't sold out, but probably because they limited it to 1 per person. I definitely think this is a one and done figure like the non screen made Shadowtrooper. At least this guy is legit with screen time. Can't see Hot Toys ever revisiting this, especially since he's still around. There'll be more variation Sandtroopers (at least white and black pauldron versions) and more regular Stormtroopers to come especially with Rogue One coming out this year which takes place right before ANH. I even bought a Hot Toys stormtrooper upper torso armor to swap with this guy last year hoping the backpack was removable. as indications originally were yes, and I could swap it for a regular trooper if I wanted to. Could always still pick up a loose helmet, but they go for too much $$ parted out.

Anyway, looking forward to this. Hope it looks good with my Marmit Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper, which still look incredible to me (hence why I've procrastinated so long on buying a trooper). :)

Yeah, I meant auctions for eBay. Last couple sold for $212/$235 shipped so with patience, like you say, someone might be able to get a second for a good price. Popcultcha is a good option though, that's a great shop, didn't realize they still had this one. I picked up a second Luke Stormtrooper from them for customizing since the same limit applied for him from SS.

Argh, I should've waited for a deal on Ebay. Oh well. I've had nothing but good experiences with Popcultcha, so I guess I spent a little extra for peace of mind. I wish I could've just used a code to buy a second one from SSC. They teased me by letting me get almost to the end of the checkout process, right before hitting "buy," before telling me I couldn't buy another. I actually didn't know until then that there was a limit.

-Kevin

Back