1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to give a big F you to Hot Toys for not making the backpack removable. Would have been so simple to do. I finally got around to working on mine and it fought me every step of the way. In the end, I'd advise people against converting this unless you are a glutton for punishment.

I'd like to give a big F you to Hot Toys for not making the backpack removable. Would have been so simple to do. I finally got around to working on mine and it fought me every step of the way. In the end, I'd advise people against converting this unless you are a glutton for punishment.

I'll second that! I'll probably always have him posed as a Spacetrooper, but as my only HT trooper it would have been nice to have the option and it probably wouldn't have cost them anything more to do it this way. Also given his release after the single and 2 pack wouldn't have cost them any sales.

I'm guessing that was their intent

:exactly:

Is the armor on the left leg knee on the spacetrooper the same as the regular trooper? I thought they have different designs?

Hero helmets seen on Luke, Han and some Stormtrooper close-ups had bubble lenses; stunt helmets (most of them including Sandtroopers) had flat green-tinted gels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, ZE. :duff That's the impression I was under. Somehow I figured the regular HT stormtroopers had them since the helmets are more "hero" style but they definitely look flat in comparison to the Spacetrooper and Luke helmets.

Thinks he's really cool...
c5da357e9cb0a5770bb7cec5085b3142.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived a couple weeks ago. Very pleased with the figure; although mine arrived with one of the propulsion pack thrusters broken off I was able to easily reattach it without any glue.

I am actually kinda happy its in place....looks straight and not a pain in the ass, unlike the Sandtrooper backpack *which I ended up super gluing*

Yeah, I agree. I was hoping it was permanently attached and wouldn't be a PITA to keep on. HT doesn't owe anyone a 2-for-1 figure and would actually be stupid to do so.

That display looks fantastic.
Damn, I gotta get me that blaster - no-one's parting it out and the 1/6 store's that are sell out straightaway Dagnabbit!
Mine arrived a couple weeks ago. Very pleased with the figure; although mine arrived with one of the propulsion pack thrusters broken off I was able to easily reattach it without any glue.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Finally got this guy this morning. Gorgeous figure, but right out of the box the little clear caps on the rifle scopes were unglued, just loose in the package.

With the $25 off coupon, I'm seriously tempted to get this. The general consensus I get is that it's a sold figure. Are there any serious problems any one has had with this trooper?

Back