1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats man! and those still on the fence I say do it nowww

Dont know why i took so long, but I finally opened mine after its been sitting here forever, and man is it just such a beautiful figure in hand!

Here's mine taking some orders from the big man himself:

fc304c40ec966f82a05e5d11b764af0c.jpg

And this one just cause I just got around to opening Proto Fett too & think they look kinda cool together:

1c7a093187e0054e2a73eeda1f605de9.jpg

Last edited:
lol, stop telling people on the fence to jump! They need to save up for something else and I need to figure out how to get a second one! Beautiful pic btw.

Watch, he'll be in the Rogue One movie and people will be clamoring for him...:slap I still can't believe it's not sold out considering it's an exclusive and actually an on screen OT Stormtrooper seen in ANH, unlike the Shadowtrooper that sold out fairly quick. Glad I finally got him. I thought I'd wind up missing out on him since I waited/procrastinated so damn long. :)

They barely made any of the Shadowtrooper. That one sold out in a weekend or so, I believe.

Yeah, true. But with rumors of black Stormtroopers in Rogue One I'd bet they'll be another Hot Toys version of the Shadowtrooper. Depending on how he looks on screen, it may not be all that different.

Yeah, true. But with rumors of black Stormtroopers in Rogue One I'd bet they'll be another Hot Toys version of the Shadowtrooper. Depending on how he looks on screen, it may not be all that different.

What's surprising is given how limited those ones seemed, you can basically get them for $250-$300 if you're patient. I think you're right though, we'll probably see new ones released for Rogue One.

Watch, he'll be in the Rogue One movie and people will be clamoring for him...:slap I still can't believe it's not sold out considering it's an exclusive and actually an on screen OT Stormtrooper seen in ANH, unlike the Shadowtrooper that sold out fairly quick. Glad I finally got him. I thought I'd wind up missing out on him since I waited/procrastinated so damn long. :)

This is currently the easiest OT figure to get, and as soon as it sells out it will be the hardest to find because I can't ever see them making it again. No second run for a convention exclusive of the most obscure character ever, but he's still an incredibly cool character and people will want him. Plus, no trooper collection will be complete without him.

Shadowtrooper will be made again by HT if it appears in Rogue One. It is not the case with the Spacetooper.

Congrats man! and those still on the fence I say do it nowww

Dont know why i took so long, but I finally opened mine after its been sitting here forever, and man is it just such a beautiful figure in hand!

Here's mine taking some orders from the big man himself:

fc304c40ec966f82a05e5d11b764af0c.jpg

And this one just cause I just got around to opening Proto Fett too & think they look kinda cool together:

1c7a093187e0054e2a73eeda1f605de9.jpg

Cool pics but where is Spacetrooper's thermal detonator? :)

Damn now I'm on the fence about this now :(

Were there more of these made compared to the Luke Skywalker in disguise?

Damn now I'm on the fence about this now :(

Were there more of these made compared to the Luke Skywalker in disguise?

No way of ever knowing as Hot Toys never releases production numbers, except a very small few exceptions. I would say close to the same, or I would imagine less with the Spacetrooper if it came down to production numbers vs popularity. I think more people jumped on Luke because basically it is an ANH Stormtrooper with a simple head swap, and the fact that the short trooper only came in the 2 pack. So this was an easy decision for anyone who wanted additional regular Stormtroopers.

I know some people have had problems with the helmet popping off (including me); I took the black padding off the neck post today and it solved it immediately.

Back