1/6 Hot Toys MMS250 - Aliens vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Ancient Predator Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ht is testing the waters on potential price hikes with this release to see if people will jump.

Wasn't there a price hike not so long ago also. Damn i remember i paid $160 for one of my first HT's.
Their pricing is getting a little silly, but i guess if the fish are biting ...

There was a hike between Scar and Celtic and now they're testing the limits with this one since they have the Summer Exclusive title to sort of justify it in some peoples' heads. I was really excited about this guy, but he should be the same price as Celtic at the most. Bummer.

Toy fair exclusive predators don't hold their value because there are a ton of them. Look at Shadow Predator 2011, on the bay 200 free shipping. Get with it HT and wise up. You want to charge 300 on a figure it better give me a handy to with it!

see, enough for everybody.lolz

Nevar forget.

scum.jpg

lolz that's not a collector, that's a hoarder.
back then i remember folks here were not satisfied with shadow pred's less accessories and inflated price tag.

history tends to repeat itself.hahaha

:lol

Yeah, I doubt he sold them all before prices plummeted. :lol

Remember, those scalpers paid people off (like kids and the elderly) to stand in line just to score the tickets to get the items. I doubt that guy made a profit. He probably used the boxes for shelter.

Yeah, it's kinda crazy...there's always that wonder of whether or not they'd sell more at $275 overall instead of making it $199.99 and selling to all Predator fans without question. I mean, that's me assuming everyone here balking at the price would easily jump on it for $199.99 or $214.99...the steady rise makes them an easy pass where many wouldn't have blinked an eye before...all for $50-$75...don't have time to do the math right now, but I wonder what the balance would have to be to even out in profits in terms of people buying.

Great looking figure! But a definite pass at this price :/

In b4 the "I'm a hardcore fan of this _____, it's a must buy even if the price is ridiculous".

While I agree with the sentiment that "voting with our dollars" doesn't really help in the long run, I do think the compulsion of collectors that don't appear to have a limit or a spending ceiling are part of the problem. How can Sideshow/Hot Toys resist when people are willing to throw down the cash at any price? Even a price that they don't agree with?

Same deal with the complaints against scalpers. I never understood why people blame them for up-charging on the secondary market when there are people out there that have no qualms about throwing down $400 or $500 for a "rare" doll that used to be $140-$200. The consumer is the problem.

I don't buy for a second anyone with a serious Predator collection will pass on this b/c it will cost them what amounts to an extra tank of gas compared to a prior release.

Nevar forget.

scum.jpg

If I am correct that was either tim.cent88 or something or another evilbayer, he's still around though...still doing that same thing..
We've all seen the POs on evilbay the second the EX were announced for 450-500..

But HT is indeed getting out of hand..every release it gets more expensive, and they can't justify it with better quality or "normal" inflation or whatever. I have much more MMS figures with either more accessoires or a really good likeness (Hellboy for instance) which did not cost an arm and a leg..and a kidney...and some blood...and some extra money to wipe their rich overpaid @sses with..

I have every predator since the first elder predator and would never pass up a release . This may be the first time . The extra 50 bucks for the alien head comes into question . Is it that good ? The bio's look awesome too but come on . It's the same predator . A least give us a new head sculpt .

i hope the price was jacked up because its a toy fair exclusive, i'd suck if we had to pay similar price for avp elder, chopper, and wolf.....anyway, i really like this figure so i preordered.

I don't buy for a second anyone with a serious Predator collection will pass on this b/c it will cost them what amounts to an extra tank of gas compared to a prior release.

Here's my Predator collection and I'm passing:

Original
Predator 2 Battle Damaged
Predator 2 re-release
Lost
Guardian
Shadow
Classic
AvP Elder
Celtic
Scar re-release
Predator 2 Elder