Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But they're all just so cool. :)

No worries though, it's a certainty they will make figures for CW. I got almost the entire line of AoU figures, but I'm going to try and limit my CW acquisitions to about 2 or 3.

Totally. If I had the space and money, I would probably have gotten all the Avengers. The focus of my collection was the TDK trilogy since that was the first big blockbuster I worked on, followed by Captain America, and it adds to that because those are my two favorite superheroes of each brand. I bought some Iron Man, Thor, and Terminator/Robocop and I have Marty, but I might have to let some go if I can to make room for Star Wars since I grew up on that, plus my birthday is the release date of A New Hope. :wink1: So yeah, I definitely have to make room for that. I'll have my shelves up soon in the Show Your Shelves collection so you can see my setup eventually and see how I'm running out of space, haha. :duff

Totally. If I had the space and money, I would probably have gotten all the Avengers. The focus of my collection was the TDK trilogy since that was the first big blockbuster I worked on, followed by Captain America, and it adds to that because those are my two favorite superheroes of each brand. I bought some Iron Man, Thor, and Terminator/Robocop and I have Marty, but I might have to let some go if I can to make room for Star Wars since I grew up on that, plus my birthday is the release date of A New Hope. :wink1: So yeah, I definitely have to make room for that. I'll have my shelves up soon in the Show Your Shelves collection so you can see my setup eventually and see how I'm running out of space, haha. :duff

I can absolutely relate. :duff

My collection ranges from primarily Marvel, to a few DC, to a couple of Predators, a Marty McFly and some other miscellaneous figures. As soon as AoU Hawkeye arrives, I will have officially ran out of room. And I have a myriad of figures still pending from the AoU line. Not to mention Ant-Man and a Michael Keaton Batman.

I have a few images of my shelves and consolidated character collections in the Show Your Selves section, so you can visibly see how I've run out of space. I plan on turning a closet into one large detolf/curio though, so that should do it as far as space goes.

I've never had any interest in collecting entire lines for the sake of it, don't have that kind of money anyway. I focus on the best versions of characters I like... Got my first non HT the other day with Art Figures Dredd. Great figure and almost HT quality.

I've never had any interest in collecting entire lines for the sake of it, don't have that kind of money anyway. I focus on the best versions of characters I like... Got my first non HT the other day with Art Figures Dredd. Great figure and almost HT quality.

I'll tend to collect entire lines from a film if it was a film I really liked. AoU, Winter Soldier and MoS.

I'll also tend to get each figure made for my favorite characters. Captain America for instance.

Most others, like you, I'll just get one figure to represent a character.

Oh my gawd! That's my initial reaction to the articulation of STRIKE :lol I don't know if I'll be able to get him in a dynamic pose... might have to settle with museum next to Widow. :lol Haven't decided what to do with Steve yet, if I had a 1/6 motorcycle assembled already, that would be nice.

I'm not quite sure what to do with Civi and STRIKE Cap yet. Here they are currently with the rest of the collection while I try to figure something out. Widow's getting no light, gotta move her out of that corner. Maybe I can move some to the TFA collection on the left and try to put those 5 figures next to each other?

Thanks guys! :duff

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to rearrange everything. His wings block off a lot of the light on the figure(s) next to him up there, so I'm trying to figure out if I can do another pose or spread some guys around, even though I'm tight on space already. Check out the other thread, SHOW YOUR ENTIRE AVENGERS COLLECTION, I posted some updated pics and trying to get suggestions and opinions. :wink1:

Thanks guys! :duff

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to rearrange everything. His wings block off a lot of the light on the figure(s) next to him up there, so I'm trying to figure out if I can do another pose or spread some guys around, even though I'm tight on space already. Check out the other thread, SHOW YOUR ENTIRE AVENGERS COLLECTION, I posted some updated pics and trying to get suggestions and opinions. :wink1:

Even as is, it still looks really good. :clap

Even as is, it still looks really good. :clap

Thanks, mate. I'm trying to keep in mind that I need to put Maria Hill and Fury in there as well, I originally planned to have only 4 figures per shelf, 8 per unit, but the wings on Falcon and my decision to do the fighting "diorama" is messing me up, haha.

Otherwise, it would've worked perfectly - GA Cap, STRIKE Cap, Civi Cap, WS, Falcon, Widow, Maria Hill, Fury, the Winter 8. :wink1:

IMG_5913-Edit-Edit.jpg

IMG_5899-Edit.jpg

Great pics! Love the Rogers one, pretty hilarious and awesome to look at, at the same time. How is the comic placed in the photo, prop or digital?

Great pics! Love the Rogers one, pretty hilarious and awesome to look at, at the same time. How is the comic placed in the photo, prop or digital?

Thank you very much! That photo, and others not posted, are a result of boredom. I like to have fun with these guys. :lol

The comic book is a prop. :)

Back