Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, I was thinking AoU had bigger chest pieces, but I wasn't sure. It definitely looks likes there's extra plastic there.

There seems to be. I own both figures. The AoU body seems to essentially be the same body as the strike suit, but the AoU chest is definitely bulked out more.

The back zipper came off after modding my figure. Anyone have experience putting these back on? I'm trying to put both sides into the zip from the bottom... not sure if that's the correct way or not.

Update: Pulled the chest piece off again and got the zipper working again from the bottom. Just be careful not to zip it completely off again... either there wasn't a stopping piece or it fell off when te zipper came off the first time.

Last edited:
shiiiit so I was modding my Strike suit and when I was zipping him back up the zipper came off :( Anyone know how to fix it or is the suit done for?

edit: oh didn't notice the previous post. I'll try that.

update: okay...got the zipper onto one side so far. XD

I don't have this figure, but I had a similar calamity with my TFA Cap (on my very first day). I tried to put it back on backwards (so that it zips closed up rather than down), but that didn't work. It's also the less stable fix since, if it ever gets unzipped at the bottom, I'd need to re-do the zip fix. I can't remember how, but I eventually got it back on the way it originally was, so now it zips closed down. I think I tried to force both sides into the zipper at the bottom, then tried to pull it up (like it was unzipping something already unzipped). It was about a year ago, so the details are fuzzy. It did require a ton of patience though.

After that, I've been all kinds of nervous about that zipper (unlike normal zippers, it doesn't have a stop at the end). I make sure to not pull it with any force, and I leave something like 1/4" at the bottom to make sure that it doesn't zip right off again. :pray:

The back zipper came off after modding my figure. Anyone have experience putting these back on? I'm trying to put both sides into the zip from the bottom... not sure if that's the correct way or not.

Update: Pulled the chest piece off again and got the zipper working again from the bottom. Just be careful not to zip it completely off again... either there wasn't a stopping piece or it fell off when te zipper came off the first time.

That happened to me when I took the fat suit off. I tried for days to try to get it back together with no success. I then used the ever handy super glue gel and just glued the zipper back together. It turned out ok, but there will be no way for me to take it off ever again. . . oh well, the price is high and it was the price I was willing to pay.

That happened to me when I took the fat suit off. I tried for days to try to get it back together with no success. I then used the ever handy super glue gel and just glued the zipper back together. It turned out ok, but there will be no way for me to take it off ever again. . . oh well, the price is high and it was the price I was willing to pay.

The price of figures is high, and it was the price I was willing to pay.
image.jpg

Nice pics thozzy! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, does anyone know the trick for getting the undershirt under the vest back on over the body? I took it off to perform a mod, but I can't figure out how to get the shirt back on. If you rotate the arms forward from underneath and face them upward with the elbows facing forward, you end up getting the elbow pads over the front part of the elbow joint (being they would now be facing backward).

Anyone know the trick to getting it back on?

Nice pics thozzy! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, does anyone know the trick for getting the undershirt under the vest back on over the body? I took it off to perform a mod, but I can't figure out how to get the shirt back on. If you rotate the arms forward from underneath and face them upward with the elbows facing forward, you end up getting the elbow pads over the front part of the elbow joint (being they would now be facing backward).

Anyone know the trick to getting it back on?

Wish that I could be helpful here because I've removed 3 "undershirts" from 3 different SS Caps and was able to get the outer suit back on every time. I've also never had to cut up the padding since there is a way to take his entire uniform off the figure, just cut the stitches of the padding of the padded suit. It's not the easiest thing to do putting the suit back on but I've found that it had just about EVERYTHING to do with the position of the arms.

Just make sure that you have every snap unsnapped and don't be afraid of moving the arms around while putting the uniform back on. I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful. Maybe if you post a picture or two of where you are at right now, I might be able to be more helpful.

Wish that I could be helpful here because I've removed 3 "undershirts" from 3 different SS Caps and was able to get the outer suit back on every time. I've also never had to cut up the padding since there is a way to take his entire uniform off the figure, just cut the stitches of the padding of the padded suit. It's not the easiest thing to do putting the suit back on but I've found that it had just about EVERYTHING to do with the position of the arms.

Just make sure that you have every snap unsnapped and don't be afraid of moving the arms around while putting the uniform back on. I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful. Maybe if you post a picture or two of where you are at right now, I might be able to be more helpful.

No worries, thanks for replying!

It's actually for a second AoU body/suit that I have. Being that the suit and pieces are just about identical to the strike suit, I thought I would ask here.

I'm attempting to get this shirt back on. The shirt that goes underneath the vest piece (like the strike suit also has).

image.jpg

This is what the body looks like right now.

image.jpg

If you move his arms forward from underneath and face them upward, the rear shoulder joints end up facing forward, but if you try and pull the shirt on forwards from above, the elbow pads will end up covering the front of the shoulder joints because of this (being that they are now facing backward).

image.jpg

If anyone ever sells their modded Stealth Cap, I'd be interested in buying. I love the suit but hated how they did the figure so I sold it. But a modded one would be nice.

Got the shirt back on. Like you said, it pretty much has everyone to do with the positioning of the arms, and a lot of tugging!

Got the shirt back on. Like you said, it pretty much has everyone to do with the positioning of the arms, and a lot of tugging!

Sorry I'm just seeing your post now. I'm glad you got it all sorted. And you (and I) were right that it has everything to do with the position of the arms and tugging, lol! After seeing those pics, I'd have said to bend the arms inward as far as they can go and also bend the elbows ever so slightly. But since you got it done, I'm sure that's old news to you now. Please post final picture!

Sorry I'm just seeing your post now. I'm glad you got it all sorted. And you (and I) were right that it has everything to do with the position of the arms and tugging, lol! After seeing those pics, I'd have said to bend the arms inward as far as they can go and also bend the elbows ever so slightly. But since you got it done, I'm sure that's old news to you now. Please post final picture!

Actually what I did was slide one arm through the shirt and through the entire arm sleeve, then took the other arm, bent it at the elbow and stretched it sideways over his head (as if you're doing a sideways arm stretch) as far as it could go, and slid it up through the shirt and situated it into the sleeve, while tugging the shirt down. Then had to readjust his arm in the socket by feel and adjust the suit sleeve on his arm until you could feel that it lined up properly. Took about 5 minutes.

image.jpg

It's just a second/extra AoU Cap figure I have that I initially thought was defective by having looser shoulder joints and after getting a replacement figure, was going to scrap and sell this one for parts. However, after finding the replacement had slightly looser (though not quite as loose as the initial one) shoulder joints as well and reading that this seems to be common on these figures (I believe HT did this intentionally to increase articulation in the arms being that the AoU suit is similar in bulk and tightness to the strike suit and arm articulation on the strike suit is very difficult due to suit restriction), I decided to re-outfit this one being that there's apparently nothing wrong with it and give it to my brother, who wants it.

Back