Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Flex does help the customer but it also definitely helps SSC. If SSC is getting your money, they rather get it sooner rather than later. So for you to start paying for a figure months before release works in SSC favor.

Exactly. Yes, it's benefit to some customers who would not have the restraint to save the money for what they know is coming (although again, delivery estimates are lousy lately). If you just put the same money in your bank, not only would you have the cash, but you'd also earn the interest and have access to it if you needed it for an emergency.

There's no question it's a much bigger benefit to Sideshow as not only do they get your money early for figures that have yet to reach the US, but get orders from exactly the type of people who wouldn't save the money otherwise.

The cost to them is negligible, but the benefit is massive.

It should be first come, first serve, at minimum. Putting flex pay customers last is a very bad policy decision.

I don't get exactly how you did that with rubber bands but that looks fantastic! I wanna do that. Could you show what the rubber bands look like on the figure?

Sure thing man, glad you like it :wink1:

So yeah like I said, I put rubber bands around the where the bottom torso meets the top torso and another one just under the waist(where his hips are). Hope this helps guys.

Okay DA, that looks great!

Thanks man I really appreciate your compliment. ;)

You gotta post pics of where the rubber bands are at. Did you do anything to the arms?

Do you mean how they hang down further now?

Looks good DA!!

Thank you so much.

:hi5:

I'm at work and it's snowing . . . Again. The modification looks great! I'd love yo know how you did it.

Thanks man, hopefully those pics I just posted with instructions were sufficient enough for an explanation. I still plan to mod it more because the chest is too flat. So now that I think I have corrected the V shape to hopefully close enough to how the proto looked, I will now work getting that chest bigger if I can.

Anyway thanks guys for your compliments, I am such a perfectionist that I wasn't sure if it looked good or not so I needed another point of view, because I still thought to myself does it look close to the proto now or did I only make a subtle difference.

Last edited:
Darkavatar how do your arms hang further down?
Thank you in advance.

I did that mod where you cut the rubber suit, it totally ruins the suit, so I don't recommend doing it. However, other people have success with it, so some seem to be able to get away with it without wrecking the suit. But when I did it the top parts of the suit fall out all the time :gah:

Oooo awesome, alright that's an easy mod. I'll have to do that.

Yeah and the good thing is that you don't have to cut anything, so everything is reversible. But that is not why I did it, I found that when you keep the fat suit he doesn't look skinny like he does when you cut out the ab area of the fat suit. So I was hoping that just by changing the shape of both the fat and stealth shirt his body would look big.

Thanks for that, dude. :) you should take pics of the full figure! I bet it looks amazing.

No worries bro, but I actually don't have the full figure, just the body and suit, and some hands. I was only going to buy this figure if I could make it look as good as the proto.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips DA, I will def be doing this when mine comes in. Can't wait to have this guy on the shelf with Hulk, Thor and Logan.

Thanks for the tips DA, I will def be doing this when mine comes in. Can't wait to have this guy on the shelf with Hulk, Thor and Logan.

No worries DZ, I know you were looking for the most simplest mod and I don't think you could get any more simple than this one. :wink1:

Yeah I think I'll be doing it too, looks like a big improvement. He's going with Hulk, Thor, Spidey, and Logan on mine.

I am glad you think so, I really wasn't so sure if I made that much of a difference, so thanks for confirming that I did.

:hi5:

Only thing left to do now is work on that chest.

I am soooo tempted to get Spidey. I want him in the collection.

Which Logan do you have?

I've got the Logan from The Wolverine, but I'm gonna customize with the 70's outfit that POP Toys has and the headsculpt from the DOFP fig.

It's worth it to get a Spidey, he fits right in next to the other Avengers.

Does the fact that sideshow is processing tomorrow mean that they'll actually start shipping out this weekend? Or will that not begin until Monday?

I guess I'm stuck waiting until March. On the bright side, that rubberband mod looks very simple and gives that V shape he should have had from the start. Nice work, DA.

I just spoke with Sideshow and was able to get my payments on my 2-pack refunded. This way I can order the solo Stealth Cap and get the Rogers sculpt with the AoU Cap. Has anyone that's ordered the single figure gotten a processing notice?

It's really nice of them to refund an NRD.

I did the same thing with mine. Once I saw that the AOU Cap had the Evans sculpt I cancelled mine to get the single. Really hassle free, and glad they refunded me.

I went in half with a friend of mine. She's getting Steve, I'm getting Cap. I used some RPs, so I basically got this suit for $125. I couldn't pass that up.

Back