Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sleeves are already frayed. Just left unfinished for some reason. Maybe Hot Toys figured the gloves would cover them up. Their tailoring is usually something I don't have to worry about but they definitely dropped the ball here.

I still really like this figure but it could have/should have been so much better.

Thanks, Hippie. They don't get worse over time, do they? I'm no good at customizing but could one singe the sleeve ends? Would it destroy the look of the sleeves?

Watched a couple of video reviews and I've gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the Cap figure. The fraying is really sloppy and putting the hands on looks really awkward because of it. The chest also looks bad. No muscle or definition. Just kind of weird. The padding is just getting annoying with some of these figures. I think I'm going to stick with my Golden Age Cap. Hopefully AOU version will be better and include an unmasked head.

Thanks, Hippie. They don't get worse over time, do they? I'm no good at customizing but could one singe the sleeve ends? Would it destroy the look of the sleeves?

I don't think I'd try anything like that. My luck and he'd go up in flames. I also wouldn't try gluing them as it would restrict articulation even more. I'm not sure if it'll get worse over time as I haven't had him long enough. I wouldn't think it would get worse unless you actually pull on one of the threads.

If they would have used the same material as Rogers' blue jacket, I think this would be a total home run of a figure.

I want Steve Rogers also without STRIKE Cap. Im keeping an eye on ebay for a decent price.

So undecided about this set. Want it but I too am disappointed with the fraying of the sleeves. Padding doesn't bother me as much as that nonsense.

I decided to cancel the 2 pack and just get the Stealth Suit on it's own. Used some rewards on him. Didn't really feel the need for the Steve Roger figure but I'm hoping the AOU Cap comes with a Rogers head. if not I'll buy the sculpt separate. just didn't feel spending $300 dollars plus Star Lord is coming the same month.

When he's getting free figures why would he be honest. If he tells people they products are shoddy, its likely he'll stop getting free stuff.

Do you get anything for having a BBTS link in your sig or do you just like them that much?

Back