Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When he's getting free figures why would he be honest. If he tells people they products are shoddy, its likely he'll stop getting free stuff.

anyone with a brain knows his reviews are not credible, he's just a spokesperson for whatever company happens to be sending him figures at the time

I've watched a few of Sean's vids. I think he's too rough with his figures. Then again, it does exhibit how rough one can be with them and they still stay intact.

I prefer reviews that are more HONEST and not just focusing on all positive.

Do you get anything for having a BBTS link in your sig or do you just like them that much?

I get some store credit based on how many times people click the link...which isn't the same. They essentially pay for advertising.

They don't care what I say about figures good or bad. Plus, if you've watched any of my videos you'll see that I call it like it is instead of trying to sell a particular company's product.

Nice try though...

I get some store credit based on how many times people click the link...which isn't the same. They essentially pay for advertising.

They don't care what I say about figures good or bad. Plus, if you've watched any of my videos you'll see that I call it like it is instead of trying to sell a particular company's product.

Nice try though...

Wasn't trying anything since I didn't know your arrangement with BBTS which is why I asked. Good for you though.

Wasn't trying anything since I didn't know your arrangement with BBTS which is why I asked. Good for you though.

Sorry, I took it as a dig. My bad. It's hard to tell when people are being sarcastic or actually asking a question.

I'm a collector through and through and I would turn down free stuff if it meant I couldn't give other collectors my honest opinion of an item. Integrity and helping out the collecting community is more important to me than free toys lol.

Hey Nick, I will def be checking out your reviews. Saw that you review the DBZ figuarts stuff. Always looking ofr honest reliable reviewers.

I hate Sean Longs reviews. I'm not a big fan of Optimusbot either . I actually enjoy clipperkings. Being a toy reviewer is odd became you can never be honest unless you're paying for everything yourself.

Sorry, I took it as a dig. My bad. It's hard to tell when people are being sarcastic or actually asking a question.

I'm a collector through and through and I would turn down free stuff if it meant I couldn't give other collectors my honest opinion of an item. Integrity and helping out the collecting community is more important to me than free toys lol.

Sounds good. I dont watch Sean Long type reviews where everything thing is "perfect". I prefer honest evaluations of product. Since you are an honest reviewer Ill definitely start watching yours.

Sean's reviews were among the first I saw when I got into this hobby. I didn't find them as annoying until I started watching real reviews and not product/company endorsements. I went back and watched one recently and couldn't get through more than 2 minutes. He should just play the 'Everything Is Awesome' song over video of the figures and be done with his reviews in 2 minutes.

I guess I'm just old, but I don't like video reviews at all. I much prefer a good photo review.

I guess I'm just old, but I don't like video reviews at all. I much prefer a good photo review.

I gotta say now that you mention it I prefer photo reviews also. And I am in the older crowd.

I really don't know why it's become such a thing as of late to question or attack a reviewer and their integrity. Watch a video and make up your mind yourself. You can see the figure and see what's going on in it for the most part. Use that knowledge and combine it with other knowledge to form your own educated opinion.

I hate Sean Longs reviews. I'm not a big fan of Optimusbot either . I actually enjoy clipperkings. Being a toy reviewer is odd became you can never be honest unless you're paying for everything yourself.

It's amusing you choose to refer to me as "optimusbot" since that name came about because i refused to review something that was given to me for free and i thought it wasn't a good product at all.

Good to see honesty and integrity does exist nowadays. Subscribed.

Sounds good. I dont watch Sean Long type reviews where everything thing is "perfect". I prefer honest evaluations of product. Since you are an honest reviewer Ill definitely start watching yours.

You know I used to feel the exact same way...

until Optibotimus started conversing more on here, hes actually quite nice and I really regret pouncing on him as much as I did months back. And Sean? Yeah I didnt really like him either (the voice, the everything's awesome etc..) But he had a chat on Clippers facebook group about it all... Hes genuinely just a fun nice guy. I find both to be extremely honest about freebies or paying for stuff, Sean explained a bit of it (even though it really isnt any of our business). And out of all that my feelings toward these two boiled down to one thing...Jealousy.They are given toys to sit down and play with, then tell us the good the bad and the ugly... could you imagine getting to do that for a living? **** sign me up.

that may have been simplified or slightly off point, but the good thing is you have a choice... to either support them by watching, or just moving on with your day

and I choose to not watch Seans vids, just because they arent my thing, but gotta hand it to the guy, hes built quite the name for himself

The only issue with what you just said is that you said they are supposed to tell us the good and the bad. Sean doesn't even come close to doing that. It's just a paid endorsement basically. Optibotimus at least calls out the errors and issues with figures. I don't see how you can group them together in this regard.

The only issue with what you just said is that you said they are supposed to tell us the good and the bad. Sean doesn't even come close to doing that. It's just a paid endorsement basically. Optibotimus at least calls out the errors and issues with figures. I don't see how you can group them together in this regard.

If I recall, sean does mention neg's every now and then, but he immediately backtracks with a "but for the price" or "for what your getting" or "its an easy thing to look over"

and Like I said I dont watch his stuff anymore and havent for years, but I do have a level of respect for him for doing what he does. Plus if your making a purchasing decision based on a single review (Seans for example) then your just an uneducated buyer. I, As well as you and im sure many others watch 2+ reviews of any fig when it hits.

Personally I dont base decisions off any of these guys (including Clipper). To me they are just entertainment and drool until I get mine, and I feel seasoned enough that I know what I want and if I have issues I can get replacements or do repairs myself, but thats just me

and more to your comment (wandered a bit lol) Sean and everyone else have absolutely no obligation to any of us, and thats just a fact.

Back