Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the problem with Evans' body - HT doesn't have a TrueType that's dedicated to it, AFAIK. He's not Arnie big nor is he Garfield slim, so they just padded out an existing TT.

Yeah but they obviously didn't use a fat suit for the prototype, they just tailored the vest to fit the body and padded the arms, it seems. However, it seems like the most convenient way to mass produced this figure was just using a fat suit, rather than tailoring the vest to fit the body as more effort is involved in doing that.

I may have been the one to mention this. The idea was to cut out the ab section and leave a more defined chest area. Not sure it will help concerning the shoulder articulation some have mentioned but it might help the overall look. Interested in seeing how it turns out.

Hmm ok I am pondering over whether to do this, I pretty sure it will help the overall look as far as shape goes but not sure if it will make a difference to how small he appears because the large vest is the problem of why he appears a bit skinny.

Hey guys,

Front

Back

Urg, my 25$ coupon is expiring on the 19th and I'm having trouble deciding if I should get Stealth Cap or wait for the AoU version.

My biggest issue is the lack of movement in the arms. From the pic Darkavatar posted it kinda look like that blue shirt is really tight across the chest/shoulders and thats restricting it? Do you guys think cutting it down the middle and along the sides would relieve some of the pull and allow better movement?

Just looking at pics, the HT Steve Rogers head owns this one.

Did anyone else get the low quantity alert? Is this about to go to waitlist? Because I'd be surprised so fast.

Kinda sucks about whole body situation. Is there possibly any way to make the suit look tighter while keeping the definition in the natural body. Haha it's not like I can put my figure in a dryer and shrink it.

I'm thinking that when I remove the fat suit I will keep the piece on the back, and if the costume is still too loose I can also add the layer from the front half of the fat suit to the back and hopefully that will tighten the vest so its a little more form fitting. He might end up with a weird hump or whatever but it shouldnt be too noticeable from the front.

Just received the extra head on the mail tonight (and as I´m on Brazil, that´s a BIG deal).

Anyway, I try it on the First Avenger suit and think it seems to big. But on the other hand, for me it looks perfect on Avengers uniform.

What do you think?

View attachment 151422View attachment 151423View attachment 151424View attachment 151425

Although I applaud you for using the Stealth head on Avengers body, there really isn't anything wrong with the Avengers head. The Avengers head has a very good likeness (helmeted one). Especially since the ears show on the Stealth head.

96B93B1D-1C49-4522-AB1D-F82E34DED858_zpshhny2qnh.jpg

This would be great for a 'Smallville' Clark Kent/Tom Welling custom. Just need to change the hair. Paint it black maybe.

View attachment 151832

This would be great for a 'Smallville' Clark Kent/Tom Welling custom. Just need to change the hair. Paint it black maybe.

It could be made to work. But I don't think it's super close.

Funny story though, I was with Tom one day and a girl asked him for his autograph, and then said she loved him in fantastic four. Lol so someone else thought the same thing.

Urg, my 25$ coupon is expiring on the 19th and I'm having trouble deciding if I should get Stealth Cap or wait for the AoU version.

My biggest issue is the lack of movement in the arms. From the pic Darkavatar posted it kinda look like that blue shirt is really tight across the chest/shoulders and thats restricting it? Do you guys think cutting it down the middle and along the sides would relieve some of the pull and allow better movement?

I can confirm that the suit the blue shirt (which is latex I believe) is very tight against the body. In fact it is so tight that I don't get how anyone could remove it without tearing it along the sides. Now as far as it being tight against the shoulders and restricting movement goes, well that is due to the padding around the shoulder area. In addition to the white fat suit, the shoulder parts of the arms are padded with a thick black rubber foam substance that goes all around the shoulder joint, which I believe is the reason for the restricted movement. So cutting the the blue latex shirt down the middle and along the sides is not going to achieve anything unless you remove the black rubber parts around the shoulder joint, which are separate from the fat suit.

Now by removing this you will make the arms very skinny, so if you are not so concerned with the look of this figure and only articulation then this would be the way to go.

I'm thinking that when I remove the fat suit I will keep the piece on the back, and if the costume is still too loose I can also add the layer from the front half of the fat suit to the back and hopefully that will tighten the vest so its a little more form fitting. He might end up with a weird hump or whatever but it shouldnt be too noticeable from the front.

That's not a bad idea, maybe I will try that to if it still doesn't look right after trying what RiggsMcClane suggested and that is just removing the ab area. However, I think that probably removing the fat suit entirely is the only way to make this figure look big as the torso will look small in comparison to the big arms.

Last edited:
Just watched the shartimus prime review on this, and I must say this figure seems disappointing. Its too bad because I really liked the movie. Perhaps some people here can make an argument against these shortcomings:

-Cuff of the sleeve is unfinished. As it rubs against the rubber glove it will eventually cause the fabric to fray.
-Arms have no definition, body has no definition thanks to the fat suit underneath.
-Parachute pants look on the trousers, exacerbated by the skinny look of his torso and arms
-limited articulation
-elbow guards and knee guards are not well attached, the tips of the plastic guard start to peel off as you articulate the figure

Its a shame, I actually wanted to buy the two pack. I guess I'll save my money for the mark 42, or the mark 43 if the rumor mill is correct!!!

SS website says that I already used this months $20 code but I didn't. I was wondering if this 2 pack was code eligible? Thanks for any info. Also an open question to any owner of GA Cap, for about the same money would you get GA or this set of 2?

Back