Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Civilian Steve only appeared in the movie with the red colored shield.
Golden Age Cap only appeared in the movie with the red colored shield.
HT is only including one red colored shield between the two of them.

That's the issue. A missing shield for "scene accurate" displays. Not a deal breaker. Not worth losing sleep over. But it'd be nice if each figure could be displayed with the shield he actually used when dressed that way.

Civilian Steve also includes another Cap helmet, its just bonus ****. I get what your saying, like I said before its all down to opinion, whining over them cramming extra stuff in just seems silly when they probably could have sold the same set for 60 or 70 bucks more in its own box. My opinion; take that savings and get him whatever colored shield you want or just skip Civvy Steve. Its a helluva a bonus for 120 bucks, theres no way I'm skipping the HT clothes set, body, sculpt, helmet, and extra shield, even if the shield were bright yellow for some unknown reason. I personally like it, I like that some of the extra accessories accentuate the 230 dollar figure and not just the 120 dollar pack out. That suckers paint job was ripped up by the time the ship assault was over, I think its really cool to have the option for the Stealth suit, which I like and value much more than Civvy Steve figure anyways.

Last edited:
Having seen the movie three times I can say that I really wish the civie outfit would've been the causeway outfit from his showdown with TWS. Khakis. Blue shirt. Alternate blue jacket

That's the issue. A missing shield for "scene accurate" displays. Not a deal breaker. Not worth losing sleep over. But it'd be nice if each figure could be displayed with the shield he actually used when dressed that way.

IMO these shields are much better than having 2 of the exact same shield or civie steve not coming with one.

I agree with both of these statements. I love the 2 pack set with all the extras you get. Its a bargain. But I don't think I'm being a cheap ass if I would prefer a R/W/B shield over paying someone to repaint one. :wink1:

I can't even get the GA Cap because Sideshow for whatever reason has restricted selling that figure to Canadian residents :lol WTF? So even that option is out for me.

They should just toss in an extra shield that comes with the GA Cap. Then everyone would be happy and have nothing to complain about.

:clap:clap:clap

YES!!!! The fact that the shield color is the only thing people are really complaining about shows how nice this set is.

:clap:clap:clap:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Thank you. Someone "gets" it.

Having seen the movie three times I can say that I really wish the civie outfit would've been the causeway outfit from his showdown with TWS. Khakis. Blue shirt. Alternate blue jacket

HT will release every alternate version of him, with minor bruises changes like what they did with Tony Stark if these new figures of Cap does well. Im assuming it does, since a lot of folks are jumping the Cap bandwagon now. (me included :panic:)

I think you're right. With the growing popularity for Cap, I could see HT doing that. I'm with you in jumping on the Cap bandwagon. The WS and Cap 2 pack are my first marvel figures!

I get what your saying

You get that many people don't consider it ideal to get an incomplete figure? Good. :) The two pack provides two shields for Stealth Cap and none for Civie Steve. Okay fine, I'll get an extra one from Toy Anxiety or ebay. But I find it strange that people don't "get" that pilfering accessories off separately sold figures isn't exactly the preferred way for most people to purchase a complete figure.

For the record this two-pack may be the single coolest figure set I'll ever buy, and one I'll be ecstatic to own. Doesn't mean that their decision to include two shields for one of the figures and none for the other isn't a bit of a head scratcher though. I'm guessing that based on the movie posters and other licensed toys they assumed that the "stealth" shield would be more prominent in the film than it actually was, which is pretty understandable.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was as simple as HT wanted different shields for the 2 pack to make the golden age version a little more exclusive.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was as simple as HT wanted different shields for the 2 pack to make the golden age version a little more exclusive.

I was actually thinking of the same thing earlier today. Just to make it just a little more sought after due to the shield.

You could always talk to Denny about it.

???
Room3.jpg

Finally pulled the trigger on this set!

Despite the mistake in the BD shield's color, I still think this set represents a pretty good value overall, considering HT's figures these days from the Marvel license very rarely goes below $200 any more.

Personally, the Rogers figure also provides some form of memorabilia to Evans' excellent portrayal of Cap;I've always thought that Cap was as dour a character as Superman, but Evans' performance somehow made me a really big fan of the character, to the point Cap's overtaken Spidey as my most favorite character in the Marvel Universe!

Can't wait to receive this set! Hopefully it'll miraculously be released ahead of schedule :yess:

I know this isn't for everyone, but has anyone here picked up a Titan Captain America 12" figure just for the shield? If you're in the market for an extra Cap shield, it sure beats spending $90+ for a Hot Toys shield from Ebay.

I've never seen it in person, but I would think it would work great for an extra shield, especially with a new paint job.

Here is a review with a bunch of photos.

They're just $9.99 on Target's website.

https://www.target.com/p/marvel-ave...odSlot=medium_1_3&term=captain america figure

https://super-dupertoybox.blogspot.com/2013/08/titan-hero-series-capt-america-iron.html

$_57.JPG

i think either way HT loses.

Fact: he uses the blue shield for stealth missions hence the shield we get for that suit. anything other would be wrong as its a stealth suit. people will complain if they did not give that shield.

They already had a BD shield (avengers) and if they were to give that with the rogers set people will again complain. this time of rehashing old parts.
So they made a new shield with lots of damage. Something different here will entice people to buy it more i reckon. It did for me. And yes i have TFA, 2 BD shields from avengers and the GA cap on order. Those BD shield were cheap too, then.

:exactly::exactly:

I know this isn't for everyone, but has anyone here picked up a Titan Captain America 12" figure just for the shield? If you're in the market for an extra Cap shield, it sure beats spending $90+ for a Hot Toys shield from Ebay.

I've never seen it in person, but I would think it would work great for an extra shield, especially with a new paint job.

Here is a review with a bunch of photos.

They're just $9.99 on Target's website.

I ordered one of those to see if the Shield is worthy of adorning a HT figure.
I will post pics if it looks the part.

I just picked one up at Toys R Us for 10 bucks, what the heck? By the way, they also had the Captain action set on clearance for $10 as well.

Back