1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how that claim could be possible. As far as I know there have been 3 Widows made, not counting AOU ... compared to how many Iron Man figures?

I agree on the trolling haha

Well, well...
Straight from the horses mouth, BW is the most popular and biggest seller worldwide of all that HT makes.
Very interesting.

Certainly not in the US, Sideshow was been giving WS Black Widows away on twitter since before christmas. Both me and a coworker have won one.

And before that they were giving Spider Man's away like crazy. I got a freebie ;)

I won a Bruce Banner HT, but wouldn't mind adding Widow to my collection at some point. She isn't a high priority because there are so many versions of her out there right now. I just ordered Winter Soldier...would like to get one of her to display with him. I hope that Marvel Studios explores their relationship more in future movies. Bucky asking her out might be awkward though since he has shot her twice now...then again...she may be into that sort of thing! :rotfl

Black Widow is the no.1 seller for Hot Toys.

Who would have thought? :clap

confused.gif

I won a Bruce Banner HT, but wouldn't mind adding Widow to my collection at some point. She isn't a high priority because there are so many versions of her out there right now. I just ordered Winter Soldier...would like to get one of her to display with him. I hope that Marvel Studios explores their relationship more in future movies. Bucky asking her out might be awkward though since he has shot her twice now...then again...she may be into that sort of thing! :rotfl

Starry eyed BW detracted from AOU imo. She went from bad ass assassin in prior films to a lost puppy anytime Banner is on screen with her.

giphy.gif

:lol

He's trollin, no way she outsells IM ;)

He only made a statement. And he did state worldwide. Perhaps the reason there's never any trouble finding BW figures(If they are produced in the highest numbers, they will be the easiest to find on sale and for longer). And conversely(With the possible exception of Red Snapper), most IM figures sell out fairly fast(Usually before they hit SS in some cases, although with them doing the entire HPP, things have slowed down as not everyone can afford them all).
So, it would seem to be correct. Fair enough, Avengers Widow is commanding higher than retail now, but you can get TWS Widow everywhere still(Pointing to the fact it must have been made in larger numbers).

Certainly not in the US, Sideshow was been giving WS Black Widows away on twitter since before christmas. Both me and a coworker have won one.

I hate to be the one to tell you but, regardless of your personal feelings of aloofness, the US *is* still in the world, lol.

Black Widow being their popular seller is awesome, if true.

I know I love her a lot more than Iron Man. :)

Me too actually, I'd rank her above Iron Man and Hulk, probably tied with Cap and behind Hawkeye :rock

I've always liked Black Widow, but I have to say I love ScarJo as Black Widow.
- In terms of the Avengers, I do think Tony / Iron Man is hard to 'beat' in so much it's frankly the perfect casting.

Perhaps a lot comes down to the two million Hot Toy suits that casts the on screen character in a bad light?

For me and up to AoU I would say:

Iron man
Black Widow
Thor / Hulk
Cap / Hawkeye / War Machine

Got myself this figure today. I wasn't gonna buy anymore figures this month but when I saw her in person I lost my self control. I love the headsculpt and this won't be my last bw figure. I also think this has the best bw suit in my opinion. I just wish she came with a big gun but I do have an extra sniper rifle which I think was waiting for her since she looks great holding it. Also, my daughter gave me weird look when I borrowed her barbie comb and then saw me using it on my bw...........

Got myself this figure today. I wasn't gonna buy anymore figures this month but when I saw her in person I lost my self control. I love the headsculpt and this won't be my last bw figure. I also think this has the best bw suit in my opinion. I just wish she came with a big gun but I do have an extra sniper rifle which I think was waiting for her since she looks great holding it. Also, my daughter gave me weird look when I borrowed her barbie comb and then saw me using it on my bw...........

Congrats, she's a great figure :rock

Perhaps a lot comes down to the two million Hot Toy suits that casts the on screen character in a bad light?

Nah, he's been one of my least favorites for a while now. The character's entertaining in ensemble movies, Iron Man 1 is still one of the best MCU films (he's got the two weakest sequels by far, though to me), and the casting is perfect......but after so many MCU films, I think that their casting in general is about is close to perfect you can get. I think the other actors in this franchise often deserve more credit than they get. RDJ as Stark might have gotten the ball rolling, but it would've deflated or hit a roadblock by now if Stark was still the strongest thing about the MCU.

Me personally, Cap and Widow are two of my favorite Avengers and now Scarlett Witch has also joined ranks with them. After AOU I became more of a Hawkeye fan, and I've generally always liked Thor more than Tony. Hulk and Iron Man are probably my two least favorite Avengers, not even considering favorites overall (including supporting characters and GOTG- I'm sure Tony wouldn't be in my top ten at this point - Loki and Bucky are in my top 5, with Star Lord and Peggy Carter in the second mix - I need to make a list).

I don't dislike the character, I just find the others more interesting.

Back