1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this today through Big Bad Toy Store and I am really impressed, as always, with the level of detail, especially on the head sculpt and paint. I feel like it is a strong likeness to Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow character. This is an amazing figure, and the sensitivity to skin tones, eyes, eyelashes, makeup, hair, costume design and texture took me off guard - this is really a work of fine craft. You almost need a magnifying glass to truly appreciate all the work involved in its creation.

I just watched Winter Soldier (on Bluray) a couple of days ago, and then immediately contemplated the figure. The headsculpt never looked better, after watching the real woman on screen! It's amazing. Even the stern expression, it is perfect.

I think her look makes a lot of sense of the character. I never bought her as an expert secret spy. Something about her haircut and her diaper butt just never let me forget that it was just Scarjo. However, in TWS, she thinned down and somehow the haircut works even if its less functional but I didn't see as much Scarjo and it made me a fan of black widow.

Is that Starlord in a suit or Black Jacket of some sort in the background(I know I know, what am I looking at the background for?) :lol

Lol. Kind of. I bought a stack of StarLord helmeted heads, and have one on a custom figure standing on my bench at work.
You might see more of it in these images.

FDE4C25C-405A-4004-BDAE-4C295CB5B400.jpg

CFCD24FF-0775-4A54-BFC6-9BB7586B2FBB.jpg

6753809E-5815-411E-92B9-005BEF8121C7.jpg

Ordered mine, can't wait I hope I'll like the headsculpt in person, looking at the pictures I think the avengers version is a tiny bit better but this one is very close.

Ordered mine, can't wait I hope I'll like the headsculpt in person, looking at the pictures I think the avengers version is a tiny bit better but this one is very close.

Congrats...I wasn't too keen on the headsculpt initially but changed my mind after seeing it in a shop. It does look really good in hand. :)

I keep insisting that what she sorely lacks in her arsenal is a rifle! I am going to get her the Winter Solder rifle...
She is a highly skilled marksman! Not just good at hand to hand combat like they keep showing her in MCU!

The Winter Soldier rifle has arrived and she looks great holding it! Will have to find time for some pix. Widow + BFG is certainly a winning combination! Can't wait for the AOU version where she has not one, but TWO BFG! Wooooohoooooo!

Re: Hot Toys MMS Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Got mine yesterday, I really like her but any tips on re adjusting the hair so she looks a little better. Thanks

Back