1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, yeah... so add me to the "grows on you crowd". Haven't visited thread since OMG's photo's but browsed the last three or four pages today and went straight to the first page to click that link hoping not to see it waitlisted. Used the Heat14 code and it came out to 185$ shipped. I was thinking of just replacing the Avengers Widow that I had sold but this sculpt really grows on you. Excellent pics folks, really shows what you can do with this figure and that .50 cal is awesome. Makes me wish I still had a PS3 and COD MW 2 or 3.

I do and I know im not alone.

I can certainly appreciate that some could prefer the Avengers sculpt to WS, I'm not quite sure how one could make an honest argument that Avengers is a better likeness. But that's why we all enjoy art work and the creative process. To each his own...

271image.jpg

You know, as I was cropping down photos, I actually glanced a couple of times and swear it looked like Natalie Portman...just for a second. I think it was my brain playing tricks on me, because overall when I try to see it, I just can't. :)

I can certainly appreciate that some could prefer the Avengers sculpt to WS, I'm not quite sure how one could make an honest argument that Avengers is a better likeness. But that's why we all enjoy art work and the creative process. To each his own...

271image.jpg

Personally what I think is that the Avengers version is the best likeness to how she looked in the Avengers movie and the sculpt captures that sexy/sultery look she had throughout the film, while TWS sculpt is the best likeness to how she looked in that film.

She looked quite different in both films so both headsculpts look different, simple as that and whichever one you 'like' the most is probably the one you consider the 'best', my preference is the sultry look.

I'm debating when I should buy this. Use the promo code for this month or wait and see what's coming in the next few months. Or wait and have someone get it for my birthday. (November, not sure I can wait that long...)

271image.jpg
Your right its all subjective. I prefer how she looked in The Avengers and the HS from that release is a spot on likeness to me. I dont think TWS is bad, the in hand photos made the HS look better. As long as we are each happy with what we bought.

I really need to get around to opening my Widow, GA Cap, and Red Skull PF. :lol

I've been so busy lately I've just been stockpiling all this Cap goodness without actually getting to enjoy it.

271image.jpg

No offense QuiGon, you had the right idea with this idea but It's not entirely accurate to the actual in hand photos of the Avengers hs. The Avengers pic is from the prototype used in the SSC promo which was completely different then the actual in hand result so using this pic as reference is not correct IMO to really distinguish the differences in the likeness.:lecture

For those who have the Avengers widow, you should know there was a huge difference in the proto and the actual finished product same as the TWS sculpt.

Here is a better comparison shot because this was from my archived shots I took of my actual Avengers widow the first week I got her. I apologize for the messing hair, but I was experimenting with some shots at the time.

Whether you guys are debating which one resembles Scar or the character more, I would think this is really the way to look at the actual in hand differences.

And of course my current WS sculpt closeup..this time no effects

Sorry to nitpick but I feel the best way for the debaters or naysayers to tell the difference is to show the actual in hand product rather than a prototype scenario because HT seems to always change their final product compared to the proto pics for some reason. :slap

Last edited:
Just preordered this figure! :clap

Think I'm gonna get all the Winter Soldier figures, except maybe Falcon. Not sure yet.

I like both head sculpts ..now. At first this one seemed at a bit zombie like but don't know why but not really seeing that anymore. I like the Avengers look on the head overall but the suit better on this one. I think they both are good in there own right. Which I just reworded pretty much what someone else said couple pages ago, I guess. What I'm struggling to get at is two different movies, two totally different hair styles equal different opinions based on style. I love both.

I like both head sculpts ..now. At first this one seemed at a bit zombie like but don't know why but not really seeing that anymore. I like the Avengers look on the head overall but the suit better on this one. I think they both are good in there own right. Which I just reworded pretty much what someone else said couple pages ago, I guess. What I'm struggling to get at is two different movies, two totally different hair styles equal different opinions based on style. I love both.

:exactly:

It's two completely different suits and hair styles. Two different representations of the character as well as in the actual figures.

They are both unique and represented well. However as the figure as a whole. IMO the WS whole figure slightly edges out the Avengers :lecture

More rifle love

I can't believe I can balance this rifle on just one hand :horror

Crazy scope

I love giving her the Widow/Scar swagger

Last edited:
Not to take anything away from the smaller hand guns. But this M-1 idea is growing on me.
Seriously guys if you have a weapon assortment at your disposal as I do, this is the figure to do it with! :wave

Last edited:
No offense QuiGon, you had the right idea with this idea but It's not entirely accurate to the actual in hand photos of the Avengers hs. The Avengers pic is from the prototype used in the SSC promo which was completely different then the actual in hand result so using this pic as reference is not correct IMO to really distinguish the differences in the likeness.:lecture

For those who have the Avengers widow, you should know there was a huge difference in the proto and the actual finished product same as the TWS sculpt.

Here is a better comparison shot because this was from my archived shots I took of my actual Avengers widow the first week I got her. I apologize for the messing hair, but I was experimenting with some shots at the time.

Whether you guys are debating which one resembles Scar or the character more, I would think this is really the way to look at the actual in hand differences.

And of course my current WS sculpt closeup..this time no effects

Sorry to nitpick but I feel the best way for the debaters or naysayers to tell the difference is to show the actual in hand product rather than a prototype scenario because HT seems to always change their final product compared to the proto pics for some reason. :slap

Oh, I don't disagree, but there actually was a reason I used the proto close up as the reference (and that reason is, no doubt no less controversial then the rest of this topic...). When the shots af the Avengers HT Widow were first released, I thought what I was seeing might have been the best HT female likeness I had ever seen. With the release of the WS Widow, I've found that my assessment of the Avengers Widow proto has changed. It's a great looking figure, but I'm not nearly as impressed with the ScarJo likeness. So in putting together that comparison, what I was trying to do was show the best of the best representation of the HT Avenger sculpt with the production WS version to make the point that even the production WS beats the proto Avenger Widow head to head. I'm sure plenty of folks disagree with that conclusion, but that's my personal opinion. I find the Avengers figure (especially the proto) to be an extremely attractive representation of the character, but not the most accurate now that we have the WS version... All that said, I certainly understand your point, guyver1.

It only gets that much more dramatic when we go production vs production:

f3aimage.jpg

Last edited:
Back