1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just glad people are giving her a chance now. She really is the best of the three and the fact that I can pose her hair around brings the figure to life in my action pics

Even if it isn't movie accurate I don't care because I love the end results! :lecture

I think as odd as this sounds, is too expose her forehead as much as possible , Scar has beautiful hair but I do notice in any character or her actual photoshoots and campaigns she loves to expose her forehead the majority of the time with her style and her hair is sort of raised or hovering around it.

Totally agree

request-five.gif

I always knew there is something off with that hair,I like it long but its looks weird. When I saw the proto pics she immediately reminded me of this:

The-Time-Machine-2002_4082_4.jpg

:slap :lol

But with the hair thrown back she looks great

Funny how people were saying this version looks nothing like ScarJo. These new pictures show otherwise. I always go by amateur or customer pics.

I've found that half tucked and half front bounce of the hair works too.

It really helps with the front faced swag pose IMO :lecture

Last edited:
I'm just glad people are giving her a chance now. She really is the best of the three and the fact that I can pose her hair around brings the figure to life in my action pics

Even if it isn't movie accurate I don't care because I love the end results! :lecture

I think as odd as this sounds, is too expose her forehead as much as possible , Scar has beautiful hair but I do notice in any character or her actual photoshoots and campaigns she loves to expose her forehead as well as her ears with the hair tucked back on one side the majority of the time with her style and her hair is sort of raised or hovering around it.

This's style of hers goes all the back to her childhood seems like

So of course I want to take advantage of it if I can in figure form

I think you nailed the reason of the apparent "failure" of the sculpt. The hair gets in the way of the likeness: Scarlett has prominent cheekbones. The hair obscures them. It totally looks like her in many of your photos! :clap

I think you nailed the reason of the apparent "failure" of the sculpt. The hair gets in the way of the likeness: Scarlett has prominent cheekbones. The hair obscures them. It totally looks like her in many of your photos! :clap

:exactly: Angles and profile bring out the best of this sculpt. As much as these photos amaze, shooting them in person keeps me in awe that the likeness seeps through with little effort. Sure I use some magic with the editing but it just seems to come out stunning by itself in the right pose. The editing I use just blends everything better.

Here's a tip, what helps with a profile shot like this is to tilt her head forward in a slouching pose, another observation is that Scar likes to crane her neck forward a bit and to the side so her neck isn't so noticeable now that could be due to her posture or the fact that she has a short neck.

anyways, when I futz with the neck, it blends perfectly with the hs IMO.

For those looking for an extra head for the Civy Widow I just received the new ACPLAY 3.0 and it looks pretty good. Waiting on the body but here are some quick snaps. Last one with my normal portrait filter. With some styling and the right lighting it will be perfect for my needs.

BW-9587.jpg
BW-9588.jpg
BW-9589.jpg

Hmm.maybe if you fix the hair I'd like to see it

Yeah people be hating but it's actually pretty good. Once I get the body and style the hair and do a real lighting setup I bet it fools people. Some shadow depth and contrast on her face will bring out the sculpt and details.

So I got my sniper rifle..at first glance I thought maybe I went too extreme..but now it's growing on me with her

Cool pic, Jedibear! :clap :rock

Thanks! Just having some fun snapping shots of her this afternoon...

Wanted to get something that would show off how wonderfully detailed her uniform is....it's pretty amazing!

I'm still shaking my head a bit over all of the naysayers about this one. I think she looks great! Out of the three versions of her that HT has done, I think this one strikes the best note of capturing both the performer and the character. It just looks damned impressive on display.....

Back