1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy **** are those repaints? Those look spectacular

Sorry for the late response... The first one is a shot of the in hand production piece, the rest are from the eBay listing from seller Siuling out of Hong-Kong. Not sure what his source is, but all he deals in, in terms of Hot Toys pieces and accessories are 100% original Hot Toys production (and I also asked him directly on this piece in particular). So, bottom line is, if you order a Hot Toys Winter Soldier Widow, this is the sculpt you're getting...

Cheers!

257image.jpg

3feimage.jpg

571image.jpg

baimage.jpg

Sorry for the late response... The first one is a shot of the in hand production piece, the rest are from the eBay listing from seller Siuling out of Hong-Kong. Not sure what his source is, but all he deals in, in terms of Hot Toys pieces and accessories are 100% original Hot Toys production (and I also asked him directly on this piece in particular). So, bottom line is, if you order a Hot Toys Winter Soldier Widow, this is the sculpt you're getting...

Cheers!

571image.jpg

In this shot in particular she looks absolutely perfect.

Maybe some of the less flattering pics we've seen of this figure are all about the lighting and the tilt of the head? Anyway I can definitely work with this.

So I noticed somewhere up the thread that someone found a 1/6th pipe wrench to go with her.

Does anyone have a link to where one could get one?

QuiGon, I love you so much. I already loved it when I thought it was a 95% likeness in early pictures, but now this sculpt is about 100%. It almost seems that like the Avengers Widow, the head improves slightly each time another source gets the figure.

Cheers!

257image.jpg

3feimage.jpg

571image.jpg

baimage.jpg

She looks perfect there! that IS Scarlett :drool :clap

tumblr_mwob6agT981qk0r9ao7_250.gif

(its weird though, in some photos the HS doesn't look that good)

Very good in-hand review, Guyver! A lot of your photos show that indeed, there is good likeness to ScarJo on the HS, and that it's still the same sculpt we saw on the proto, just messed up by poor mass production paintjob. Your lighting and some angles surely helped drown that paint issue and bring out the likeness more.

Agreed on the suit. From proto I knew that this would be a great suit and would be the most durable HT Black Widow suit so to date.

Its the lighting, HT didnt do so well with the paint apps that would bring out the shape of her face more. Varying light affects the shadows which would make her HS look better or worse

That's exactly what it is. Sorry to burst quigon's bubble, but those pics that everyone is fawning over these last couple of posts is a trick with the lighting to make the eyes look more tame. It's extremely annoying that as it was stated, the flaw is once again HT messing up on the makeup, particularly the lip color. It's too dark and flat and any photo you can clearly see that Scar for the most part is wearing a pinkish bright lipstick or just a brighter shade in general as Widow in the film.

It's a minor issue to some but IMO, it takes so much off of Scar's true likeness. Like I said in the review, the one time I felt that HT's finally nailed Scar's true hazel like eye color, with this particular sculpt, they blew it by making the eyeballs much too glossy so when the light hits her eyes straight on , she has that glazed eye stare, because the pupils are so much brighter.

Now I still think the entire figure as a whole is the best representation of her film look as widow despite the vague look.

I'm going to say this, if people think that the avenger's sculpt is dead on Scar, wait to compare both sculpts in hand to the naked eye, you guys will see how far off the mark HT's was with the avenger's sculpt's likeness compared to this WS sculpt. :lecture

For those who want a good representation of the movie in figure form, look no farther, however for those who want or expect that they are going to get a different sculpt then what the bloggers or what I posted, well it's not going to happen.

Again, see for yourself, but it's all dependent on how a collector will portray the figure in the right lighting.

Rest to sure, that starry look is there to stay

This is as close to what you will be seeing in pure natural daylight

As you can see the eyes are glazed

But in the different lighting effect, it's not so obvious, however it's still noticeable.

Like I also stated, other than say a SS PF or statue that's not a figure, I don't think at this time as an all around 1/6 figure scale version for TWS film for widow are you going to get such a solid collectible piece for your collection than this HT's version.

Last edited:
That's my dilemma, I LOVED the movie and Scarlet's portrayal of the character (WAY better than anything we've seen before) so I want a really good representation of this BW in my collection. Especially since I don't have one yet and I'm not too keen on the AOU hair & outfit BUT this head sculpt is really throwing me off. I understand that it's the best HS that hot toys has produced to date but to me that's like talking about the best Twilight movie. Just because it's the best one doesn't mean that it's good. I have her on PO but I'm considering canceling. Also not sure how my girlfriend will perceive me owning an actual doll in my collection.

Last edited:
Thanks for the assessment, guyver1. Are you aware of, or can you describe the lighting technique that is removing the starry blank stare from these production shots? If there's a chance to duplicate this treatment at home, I'm sure our fellow collectors would love to take a shot at it for our displays. Do you believe this to be an ambient technique, or something done digitally after the fact? Or do you know? I realize that you don't need to be a photography expert to recognize that some additional treatment may be present, but if you happen to know I'm hoping you'll share. Thanks!

Im still seeing a PTSD Natalie Portman. Maybe in hand it would be better but there is no way for me to see it in hand. I wanted to like it as I loved TWS but I just don't see the fantastic likeness others are. Ill stick with Avengers BW even if it is an "inferior" sculpt as I actually see Johansson in it.

Not seeing Natalie Portman in this at all. I still think the overall sculpt is great.

I have her on PO but I'm considering canceling. Also not sure how my girlfriend will perceive me owning an actual doll in my collection.

If you have any other HT figures, you already have "dolls" in your collection. :dunno

Back