1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
243image.jpg
31cimage.jpg

And the JC Hong paint master for the win...

ef3image.jpg

View attachment 124355[/QUOTE]

I wasn't feeling the final product head sculpt .... but this photo may make it better. Looks like the more direct light makes her eyes too pale. The head sculpt also seems to have lost weight from the prototype so Scarlett lost a little cheek bone structure. Still deciding what to do about my PO.

I wasn't feeling the final product head sculpt .... but this photo may make it better. Looks like the more direct light makes her eyes too pale. The head sculpt also seems to have lost weight from the prototype so Scarlett lost a little cheek bone structure. Still deciding what to do about my PO.

Be careful about making any decisions based on this (or the following) shots alone, cleggofdeath... These pics really are of the paint master that was done by lead Hot Toys artist JC Hong to basically demonstrate the goal for the pain apps. This finished sculpt/paint job is likely even better than the prototype. In other words it doesn't get any better than this. The production pieces won't hold a candle to this. That said the first few shots in my post above are the production piece, and they ain't half bad!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Cheers!

Be careful about making any decisions based on this (or the following) shots alone, cleggofdeath... These pics really are of the paint master that was done by lead Hot Toys artist JC Hong to basically demonstrate the goal for the pain apps. This finished sculpt/paint job is likely even better than the prototype. In other words it doesn't get any better than this. The production pieces won't hold a candle to this. That said the first few shots in my post above are the production piece, and they ain't half bad!

View attachment 124363
Cheers!

Wow ... this pic shows a real masterpiece ... great skin texture. Thats amazing! Thanks for posting the pics.

I'm concerned BW final product is going to look too much like a barbie doll.

And I'm a girl and grew up with plenty barbie dolls ... there is a reason that collection was gone by the time I was 12!

I think this shot looks great. Tilting it downwards does wonders to that expression and it loses that "zombie" vibe. I guess it's all got to do with how good you pose your figures really, though it does limit your options with how you can pose her. I almost forgot that shot was the final product due to how good it looks there.

Folks trying so hard to convince themselves and others that this looks like SJ....it really doesn't...nice figure but it could be anyone.

Folks trying so hard to convince themselves and others that this looks like SJ....it really doesn't...nice figure but it could be anyone.

Ehh, not me. I don't even have this figure on order (lol) and I've been critical of the expression from way back. The point about the sculpt having/not having ScarJo's likeness, I'd have to disagree with you on that though.

The thing about all the Hot Toys Black Widow figures--for me--is that they seem to change from photo to photo, moreso than any other Hot Toys figures I've seen. Sometimes the Avengers BW looks utterly perfect to me, then I'll see a didfferent photo of it and it will look like a Barbie doll with no real detail in the face. I've seen photos of the Winter Soldier BW in this thread that are real winners and some that look completely off. I just don't know.

But I do want to point out that in my opinion (and I'm just judging from this photo, but I'm assuming it will look like this in hand) this headsculpt I just bought on ebay is the best Scarjo likeness I've seen anywhere:

Scarjo.JPG

The thing about all the Hot Toys Black Widow figures--for me--is that they seem to change from photo to photo, moreso than any other Hot Toys figures I've seen. Sometimes the Avengers BW looks utterly perfect to me, then I'll see a didfferent photo of it and it will look like a Barbie doll with no real detail in the face. I've seen photos of the Winter Soldier BW in this thread that are real winners and some that look completely off. I just don't know.

But I do want to point out that in my opinion (and I'm just judging from this photo, but I'm assuming it will look like this in hand) this headsculpt I just bought on ebay is the best Scarjo likeness I've seen anywhere:

View attachment 124412
Link?

I think the eyes are just too big and lifeless. Look at the pic of Widow on the box and you can see they aren't bugged out like the figure.

Back