1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That body was not great and the IM2 fig has not aged well. I still have mine, but both the head and body are being used for different customs now.

It is a great 3 in 1 deal for me. Now i can have Scarlet, Portman, even Keira Knightley figure by just buy 1 fig. :rotfl

I love it.. Hey lets spend $200 on the new Black Widow figure, and let swap the head for another $130+!!! LMAOO

Just bought this head on ebay for $35 including shipping.

Scarjo2.jpg

This picture shows that The Avengers Black Widow is still a very good resemblance to Scarlett Jo.
In my opinion, the Avengers is better than the Winter Soldier version.
Look at that "Zombie Stare" !!!:slap

I think the open mouth throws the Winter Soldier version off. It alters her jaw and gives her a sort of "deer in headlights" look. Which isn't helped by the thousand yard stare of her eyes. I do think the paint job is the best we've gotten on a Black Widow figure yet though. It doesn't look nearly as doll-like as the other two.

It doesn't matter to me as I just purchased an alternate head for her on ebay, but if I had to choose just one of the three BW figures Hot Toys has released, based on all the pictures I've seen, I would probably have gone with the Avengers version now. The Winter Soldier version has gone downhill since the prototype.

To be fair, I also think she didn't wear as much makeup (or is it the lighting?) in TWS, hence why she looks less pale. Looking at the comparisons, I actually think this has a better likeness than the Avengers version. That said, I do think the expression on this really killed any chance for the likeness to truly shine. Where the Avengers' weaker sculpt is compensated by the stern/focused look, this one on the other hand, as mentioned above, looks like she's having "deer in headlights" moment. It's the first thing you'll notice and it really distracts from the overall look.

People brought this up before, but the expression isn't actually as off as everyone makes it seem. The expression the figure has is exactly the expression she had during a scene in the movie. Personally I love the head sculpt and is the best Scarlett likeness we've ever gotten. When do you guys think Sideshow will be getting the figure?

Eh, an open mouth can be found anywhere in any film, it's called breathing. :lol

Not like this is some sort of BW famous expression they tried to capture here.

The paint is the better than the predecessors b/c HT is improving their techniques, but there's simply no likeness to Scarjo in this sculpt that even HT's amazing paint apps could conjure.

based on the photo comparison between the 3 BW figures, I think this is Hot Toys' big leap towards realism. The realism is very good, it's like a real human instead of a doll. Unfortunately, the realism is not accompanied by the leap on likeness. So the new BW looks more like real human, but doesn't really look like Scarlett (and the chosen expression is not helping at all). The Avengers one, doesn't look as good as the TWS one in terms of realism, but it manages to look like Scarlett, in a carricateurrish style. So I guess one step at a time for Hot Toys, now they achieve realism, and for the next Widow, they will achieve BOTH realism AND likeness. Hopefully.

It's that damned open mouth. If only they hadn't gone for that. I wonder if we're definitely getting a new Black Widow for the next Avengers movie? There's always a chance we won't, and this figure will be the last time we get a HT Scarjo. (Though I think that scenario is unlikely, you never know.)

It's that damned open mouth. If only they hadn't gone for that. I wonder if we're definitely getting a new Black Widow for the next Avengers movie? There's always a chance we won't, and this figure will be the last time we get a HT Scarjo. (Though I think that scenario is unlikely, you never know.)

New costume. New hair. One of the biggest Marvel movies. I would say we are most definitely getting a new widow. Have no idea why we wouldn't. We got one from TWS so we will absolutely get one from AoU. Not even a question.

New costume. New hair. One of the biggest Marvel movies. I would say we are most definitely getting a new widow. Have no idea why we wouldn't. We got one from TWS so we will absolutely get one from AoU. Not even a question.

That would make me happy. Always good to have more female figures. Right now Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet witch are my big new Hot Toys wishlist figures. And Eva Green from Sin City too, while I'm entertaining pie in the sky ideas.

That would make me happy. Always good to have more female figures. Right now Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet witch are my big new Hot Toys wishlist figures. And Eva Green from Sin City too, while I'm entertaining pie in the sky ideas.

Haha I have no idea who those women are....but yeah no doubt in mind widow will be made :)

I'm sticking with my avengers widow. The likeness is still pretty good for that avengers one. I imagine the straitened hair style of this widow, being plugged hair, will get messy easily. she will have bed-head after unboxing.:lol

I think the open mouth throws the Winter Soldier version off. It alters her jaw and gives her a sort of "deer in headlights" look. Which isn't helped by the thousand yard stare of her eyes. I do think the paint job is the best we've gotten on a Black Widow figure yet though. It doesn't look nearly as doll-like as the other two.

It doesn't matter to me as I just purchased an alternate head for her on ebay, but if I had to choose just one of the three BW figures Hot Toys has released, based on all the pictures I've seen, I would probably have gone with the Avengers version now. The Winter Soldier version has gone downhill since the prototype.

I agree with you and well said there, :)

Back