1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She reminds me of this

The-Time-Machine-2002_4082_4.jpg

Dunno why :lol

She reminds me of this

The-Time-Machine-2002_4082_4.jpg

Dunno why :lol

LMAO... so I guess you will be skipping this version and waiting for the next? I might be doing that, I'm going to wait and see how she looks when in hand photos turn up.

I'll most likely get Winter Soldier and at least one version of Cap from this film though. Maybe Starlord and Gamora from GotG and definitely Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver from Avengers 2. :rock

LMAO... so I guess you will be skipping this version and waiting for the next? I might be doing that, I'm going to wait and see how she looks when in hand photos turn up.

I'll most likely get Winter Soldier and at least one version of Cap from this film though. Maybe Starlord and Gamora from GotG and definitely Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver from Avengers 2. :rock

Hey! I haven't seen you for a long time!

I'm not sure yet :lol I really like the outfit and I'm sure HT will change the hs so I guess I'll do the same as you.

Ok you just listed all the figures I want to get :drool I'll get the Shield Cap, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver no matter what, those are a no brainer for me, the rest.. I'll get them if they are pretty enough :lol

It's one thing to admire her beauty and whatnot but to kiss a plastic figure is...to put in the kindest words, alarming. :lol

Well if you have no desire to kiss scarlet Johanssen after seeing her then to be honest with you ( your fn crazy ) . And for you to actually think I was talking about having sexual intercourse with a 1/6 figure is ... To put in the most honest words, preposterous. Lmfao

Agree with the nose part, they got it right. However, I don't agree with you on the shape of her face being "close to perfect" her jawline is way too manly, never mind about the chin if it doesn't bother you, or the lips. (even though it doesn't even look anything close to her's) In regards to her iris, I never really noticed it before as 1/6 are too small for my eyes to catch them small paint details. :horror

I need to point out, I'm starting to sound like a huge nitpicker, but I'm not. if I were, I would never had purchase any HT's figures
:lol I would expect they get the likeness of the character they do about 90% accurate at least, but I really can't see Scarlett Johansson with this sculpt.

I agree with you now, especially after you most recent edit. The jawline & chin are wrong and her lips are a bit wide. The lips look better in your edit being more compact. Same with improving the shape of her eyes. I can agree that the Avengers version has a better likeness but if you are just going off of the protos as you said, I can tell you that what was shown to us was not exactly what showed up at our doors.

There are definitely pros & cons and I have to think about this one. I was pretty set on getting it before I even saw the protos because I like everything Scar-Jo has done with the character and I'm sure I will continue to as the saga goes on. I'm going to try to be strong and consider passing on this one (and look towards the Avengers 2 ver). I'm sure after I see the flick I'll dig the performance and all will power will go out of the window despite all the fig's flaws :lol

I understood what you meant! Scarlett is... an exquisite delight. Having a faithful 1/6 version of her is amazing. And of course one thinks of kissing the actual woman when contemplating the collectible; not the toy itself. Of course.

Not creepy.

the likeness is pretty dead on, but for an action figure this looks so boring, her expression suits a blow up doll more.
I also think her head looks way too big from the new pics...

I agree with you now, especially after you most recent edit. The jawline & chin are wrong and her lips are a bit wide. The lips look better in your edit being more compact. Same with improving the shape of her eyes. I can agree that the Avengers version has a better likeness but if you are just going off of the protos as you said, I can tell you that what was shown to us was not exactly what showed up at our doors.

There are definitely pros & cons and I have to think about this one. I was pretty set on getting it before I even saw the protos because I like everything Scar-Jo has done with the character and I'm sure I will continue to as the saga goes on. I'm going to try to be strong and consider passing on this one (and look towards the Avengers 2 ver). I'm sure after I see the flick I'll dig the performance and all will power will go out of the window despite all the fig's flaws :lol

Yes, I did had a chance to look at the Avengers version of Black Widow at my local toy store. Wasn't impressed. Which is why I kept my wallet. :(

I know man, Black Widow was the first figure I wanted to get from The Avengers lineup, Iron Man as well, if it didn't cost a bomb... I thought so too, that I'll surely be getting this one, seeing how close they were with their previous sculpt. Well I hope HT will make appropriate changes to the sculpt and who knows, maybe it wouldn't look that bad when we have some video/picture reviews. :pray:

IDK I guess time will tell. I fell like HT has been on a bit of a cold streak lately after being hot for so long. Sure we recently got things that improved from proto to production like DX10, Thor, MK VII BD; and yea, they hit a grand slam with the DX13 and Roadblock and Storm Shadow were great sculpts but some of the recent attempts are not up to HT's standard as we know it. Crow & LS Wolvie were meh and Loki, Banner & Widow have a lot of room for improvement. Even some of the most highly anticipated figures are losing major points from what were first shown to what we're actually getting. Some took a slight hit but some fell FAR from grace like that MK VII Tony.

All of the recent disappointments have me really worried about TDW Thor, Alfred and the others that I'm counting on.

WTH IS GOING ON HT?!?!? Maybe they're making too much money now and parting too hard :lol. Pick your faces up out of the drinks & drugs and get your heads back in the game!!!

Barbie hair is a big reason i didnt get the avengers ver, that and how different the production ver looked compared to the proto. I've told myself i'm getting this for
my CA TWS collection, but if this doesn't turn out better than the avengers ver then no dice.

IDK I guess time will tell. I fell like HT has been on a bit of a cold streak lately after being hot for so long. Sure we recently got things that improved from proto to production like DX10, Thor, MK VII BD; and yea, they hit a grand slam with the DX13 and Roadblock and Storm Shadow were great sculpts but some of the recent attempts are not up to HT's standard as we know it. Crow & LS Wolvie were meh and Loki, Banner & Widow have a lot of room for improvement. Even some of the most highly anticipated figures are losing major points from what were first shown to what we're actually getting. Some took a slight hit but some fell FAR from grace like that MK VII Tony.

All of the recent disappointments have me really worried about TDW Thor, Alfred and the others that I'm counting on.

WTH IS GOING ON HT?!?!? Maybe they're making too much money now and parting too hard :lol. Pick your faces up out of the drinks & drugs and get your heads back in the game!!!

I think they're churning out too many figures at one time than they can handle. Banner sculpt is horrible! And the overall product just doesn't feel that a lot of time and effort were given to it.

Well if you have no desire to kiss scarlet Johanssen after seeing her then to be honest with you ( your fn crazy ) . And for you to actually think I was talking about having sexual intercourse with a 1/6 figure is ... To put in the most honest words, preposterous. Lmfao

I think I just misinterpreted what you meant by it haha. Of course I have a desire to kiss her (who doesn't?)

Back