1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with the nose part, they got it right. However, I don't agree with you on the shape of her face being "close to perfect" her jawline is way too manly, never mind about the chin if it doesn't bother you, or the lips. (even though it doesn't even look anything close to her's) In regards to her iris, I never really noticed it before as 1/6 are too small for my eyes to catch them small paint details. :horror

I need to point out, I'm starting to sound like a huge nitpicker, but I'm not. if I were, I would never had purchase any HT's figures
:lol I would expect they get the likeness of the character they do about 90% accurate at least, but I really can't see Scarlett Johansson with this sculpt.

This looks more like ScarJo than the Avengers version and I have that one. Look at the Hi Res pics.

WHAT THE...

tumblr_mtarbfISeK1splcf6o1_250.gif

What have they done to her face!?!?!? My avengers widow is sooo much better than this, I'll get her anyway... but wtf Hot toys... first Loki now BW, they better nail Cap or I may consider not buying him.. this new widow is not THAT bad anyway but I expected much better

I can't believe you're compcaring this to the TDW Loki. Looking at the previous hi res pics there is a strong likeness there. Even more so than previous version. Not 100%, but fairly close.

I think it's a pretty solid likeness to be honest and I prefer her hair like this compared to The Avengers. It's just those soul-piercing eyes that I'm not keen on...hopefully they'll do something about that.

I think the sculpt features are there, they are just getting altered by either lighting or paint problems. JC is brilliant but some times he paints what a face "looks like" not what is true to the actor.

This looks more like ScarJo than the Avengers version and I have that one. Look at the Hi Res pics.

I can't believe you're compcaring this to the TDW Loki. Looking at the previous hi res pics there is a strong likeness there. Even more so than previous version. Not 100%, but fairly close.

:exactly: 100000% agree. To me this BW looks way more like Scarlet than any previous version. Avengers version is very nice, I like it a lot, but this one is way better to me. :)

Nice. I do like the fabric suit as compared to the vinyl one but I wonder about hinderance of pose-ability? Head sculpt is amazing. People are Cray Cray! She could melt Chuck Norris!!!

Er... No I disagree. I can't comment on the Avengers version as I don't have one. But at least on the prototype pictures, I was more impressed with it then than I was now with this.

Again for comparison, the things I think they could improve on to make it look more like her.

Untitled-11.jpg

I mean, sure, there are couple of shots from the Hi Res picture in different angles that pass off as Scarlett Johansson. But this is HT we are talking about, not NECA. I wouldn't want to spend 189USD on something that barely resemblance the person it was intended to be.
Anyhow, if you can't see what's wrong with the sculpt, there's no point in this discussion. We'll just agree to disagree on this one. :)

Are these new pics? If not, apologies for re-posting...

Thanks for posting, I haven't seen this. And since I had some time to spare, I did another editing. :wink1:

Before:
1230017_617287021683523_1693011501_n.jpg

After:
1230017_617287021683523_1693011501_n1.jpg

Man, that last photo you posted... It almost looked like Angelina Jolie to me. :lol

Eye of the beholder, some think it looks just like her, like me, others don't. Most likely not going to change people's minds at this point. I used a lot of likes in this post LoL.

Eye of the beholder, some think it looks just like her, like me, others don't. Most likely not going to change people's minds at this point. I used a lot of likes in this post LoL.

^ That's true. No ill intentions. :goodpost: If people are getting this figure, more power to them. What I'm trying to show is that HT didn't get this sculpt spot on, and improvements can be made for future sculpt.

Don't actually own a Black Widow yet but I like this one the best. I may have to crack and get her. I wanted to wait until Avengers 2 to go "all-in" with a full team but something about this one sells me.

Back