1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah people are delusional. Hot toys needs to make a female body that's NOT curvy. All their bodies are curvy, no thin bodies. This body works well for Scarlett johanssen.

Just got mine out of the box, the elbow was dangling so I checked, it was disassembled.:censored, I contacted sideshow
black widow winter soldier arm.jpg
arm 2.jpg

If you pose the figure right, that body has the curves many complain about. Look at this pic and tell me that's not a Scarlett Johansson-grade butt.

Yeah I don't see why people are thinking she's not curvy. I actually like how the suit gives her a more natural look when I put her in the swag pose, eventhough the avenger's body is exactly the same underneath both suits the swag has better presence on this IMO :lecture

I think the lighter hair brings out the body more as well for some reason

[/URL
[URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/GC/TWS/DSC04647.jpg.html]

Last edited:
Mine had a dangling arm too (the same arm in fact.) Pushing the forearm up into the bicep seems to fix it but it can come loose if I bend it too much. I didn't want to remove part of the costume to check. I don't think the arm's disassembled to quite the same degree, because it actually does stay tight when I push it back up into the bicep, but I'm not really willing to undo the costume to find out. I've had bad luck with certain figures when I take the costumes on and off too often. It doesn't matter much to me anyway because I was always going to pose Widow with one arm down by her side.

Yeah I don't see why people are thinking she's not curvy. I actually like how the suit gives her a more natural look when I put her in the swag pose, eventhough the avenger's body is exactly the same underneath both suits the swag has better presence on this IMO :lecture

I think the lighter hair brings out the body more as well for some reason

[/URL
[URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/GC/TWS/DSC04647.jpg.html]

Was the hair change difficult? This really should be a perfect figure out of the box. You shouldn't have to get the pose right to bring out her curves. Although, the reviewer Dean Knight on youtube did a great pose with Catwoman that showed her curves. I'm going to steal some of that when I get my Catwoman. But just a few things could have made Black Widow perfect and Hot Toys didn't go that far. Just some makeup changes, the hair, and custom body. It's not like Scarlett is going anywhere. People are talking about a Black Widow movie now. They could have used that new body for Winter Soldier Black Widow, Avengers 2 Black Widow, and possible solo movie Black Widow. Too bad because I doubt they will make a version 2 of this one. Still I'm watching the mods and alternates since I've decided on the STRIKE suit Cap.

Was the hair change difficult? This really should be a perfect figure out of the box. You shouldn't have to get the pose right to bring out her curves. Although, the reviewer Dean Knight on youtube did a great pose with Catwoman that showed her curves. I'm going to steal some of that when I get my Catwoman. But just a few things could have made Black Widow perfect and Hot Toys didn't go that far. Just some makeup changes, the hair, and custom body. It's not like Scarlett is going anywhere. People are talking about a Black Widow movie now. They could have used that new body for Winter Soldier Black Widow, Avengers 2 Black Widow, and possible solo movie Black Widow. Too bad because I doubt they will make a version 2 of this one. Still I'm watching the mods and alternates since I've decided on the STRIKE suit Cap.

I agree with you, I've modded five ht figures in the last two to three years and not that I mind, it's just ridiculous paying $200 plus for these figures and I have to do all these mods to get it screen worthy.:gah:

Now to answer the first question, not hard at all to replace the hair, one luxury I have when they make these jacked up custom sculpts, they use the cheapest glue for sticking to the hair, just a little tug here and there and viola..hair is detached with no problems.

I also know I don't have to pose her that way, But I do notice it helps create the presence of Scar's body in the BW character so why not

The broken elbow joint shown by "The Clown Prince" does show at leaat the arms are new... or at least the just the elbow joint and upper arms... from the Avengers version.

It's a shame that HT didn't make any outwardly improvements of the arm and the bending aesthetics

Wow! When you are able to capture the little nuances and subtle adjustments to mimic real life.. That's when these figures become magical.

You have done a great job with these poses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back