Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks great since the revisions but am passing on this. Wolf and Jungle 2.0's would take me up to owning 8 of these, which is plenty I think. Some new Alien Warriors would be cool.

The biggest thing that I just can't seem to get past on this figure is that he has all the same scrapes, dings and nicks in his armor as the classic predator, I mean they could have easily filled in those old scratches and scrapes in his metal armor, and made slightly different ones so that the armor isn't the same. The knee armor especially has that large gouge in it, that is a noticeable thing to me, I don't want my predators to have exactly the same battle scars on their armor. I really think they have time to do this figure right, and I hope someone at hot toys reads this so that it can be addressed, his upper armor on the chest is the same as classic too. It really bothers me that they couldn't just fill those in and make some slight variations in the wear and tare...but oh well I suppose it is too late now.

The biggest thing that I just can't seem to get past on this figure is that he has all the same scrapes, dings and nicks in his armor as the classic predator, I mean they could have easily filled in those old scratches and scrapes in his metal armor, and made slightly different ones so that the armor isn't the same. The knee armor especially has that large gouge in it, that is a noticeable thing to me, I don't want my predators to have exactly the same battle scars on their armor. I really think they have time to do this figure right, and I hope someone at hot toys reads this so that it can be addressed, his upper armor on the chest is the same as classic too. It really bothers me that they couldn't just fill those in and make some slight variations in the wear and tare...but oh well I suppose it is too late now.

Good points but HT's has no time with Marvel and Im releases!!!

HT want to safe Money with his old classic 2.0 rest parts . they use the same forms for plastic and so they safe a lot of work to config new machines.
thats the buisness with toys .
Fast , cheap , massive , and a bunch of theme Money Money Money .

BUT your right with the Milletime .
if you send me all Detail Pictures i will do some convert parts :=)
give me give me ...

Thanks German Beast, I just want to see a set of armor that doesn't have the scratches and gouges in it....A nicer cleaner pair, that would be cool to go with some of my custom bashes.

Slightly OT, I just saw Predator in the theatre today. Best Arnold movie I've seen on the big screen since '91 and best Predator movie I've seen on the big screen ever. There's probably not much chance that P2 would get a day in the theatre again, but I'd love to see it there too.

Anyone with Preadator Hot Toys "Kit" figures and regular Hot Toys Predator figures able to offer any insights between the two?

:lol

he's newer to the game,

Basically Canadaclone, back in the day Hot toys only had licensing for Predator and Alien "kits" so the figures-although full figures- required us collector to dress them, pop em together, drill, glue (some pieces)... etc so they were technically a model kit. Basically hot toys was sneaky and found an easy way to get around certain licensing conditions

:lol

he's newer to the game,

Basically Canadaclone, back in the day Hot toys only had licensing for Predator and Alien "kits" so the figures-although full figures- required us collector to dress them, pop em together, drill, glue (some pieces)... etc so they were technically a model kit. Basically hot toys was sneaky and found an easy way to get around certain licensing conditions

I know why there is a 2.0 - which is a real figure, but the Shadow Predator is a real figure, and the Wolf and original Predator are still only Kits since the 2.0 figures has not come around...I am just trying to figure out in the early releases where the kits end and figures start.

I was offered a Guardian Predator, and he was called a figure, but I looked online and he was called a "kit" then I saw a review and he was a figure again...

Was he a kit figure or a real Hot Toys figure???

Back