Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure looks like it should be good but they should honestly make his sword blade metal, not that garbage plastic. He lacks accessories so that should really be done and also they better get the head right on this one. No more copying please.

I feel you on that. It's another reason why X-Plus kaiju stuff gets me more excited these days. Besides heating up their rear ends to connect the tails, they're worry-free collectibles. Just stick them on a shelf and enjoy.

Having that said, I think Elder 2.0 will be figure of the year (at least for me). Scar and Celtic didn't have me too stoked and, while I was looking forward to City Hunter, I've seen the P2 armor done so many times that it didn't feel like a new experience. This guy, on the other hand... the details on the prototype are mind-blowing, the updated head and decor look much closer to the film, plus I got him for $160 after rewards. This will be "worth it" more than any other HT Pred in recent memory. It just feels like they tried more on this guy and it shows.
I'm hoping that since the elder has less armor/accessories he'll be easier to handle than Scar. I can just get him in one of his few iconic film poses and never have to fiddle with him again.

Lately I've been thinking, what's the only thing figures have over statues? You can pose them. Now that was a fun gimmick when I first started collecting, but now it's become somewhat tedious. I'd rather just have something in a fixed position with a built-in base that I don't have to worry about.

A lot of figure collectors seem to think statues are "bland and boring" because you can't pose them - even when the specific statue is a better representation of the character the figure is depicting. I find this hilarious because what it really shows is that these collectors' highest priority isn't the best representation of the character/creature, but that they can play with the collectible. :lol

But the really funny part is that most of these collectors are going to end up reposing their figures only a few times a year, so it's not really different than owning a statue to begin with.

I tend to prefer figures just because the paint/finish is usually better. Case in point, EB's battle-damaged T-800 looks more lifelike than any other non-custom collectible I've seen in that scale. Dealing with the body is a bit of a blow (and like you, I'm getting sick of posing and dealing with all the small parts), but once I have it on the shelf it's easily the best-looking piece I own.

Definitely agree with the paint/finish and that’s the main reason I can’t wait for HT to pull their thumb out and make some ¼ Predators. Large Preds with that finish… :drool

I love statues and would take a decent one over a figure any day but with rising cost and falling standards they have turned into a real gamble. Figures are a safe bet but if a company mange to knock it out the park with a statue there’s no comparison. If they fail we have the P2 Bust… :monkey3

A lot of figure collectors seem to think statues are "bland and boring" because you can't pose them - even when the specific statue is a better representation of the character the figure is depicting. I find this hilarious because what it really shows is that these collectors' highest priority isn't the best representation of the character/creature, but that they can play with the collectible. :lol
i don't know about "a lot of".
i prefer movable figures because i can give them any pose i want, not some crazy person who doesn't know the first thing about the character (like all sideshow statues are for example). later i can fix it any time if i find it unnatural. my palisades alien 2 is a statue, and it is soooo stupid that it dictates me displaying options.

Last edited:
I tend to prefer figures just because the paint/finish is usually better. Case in point, EB's battle-damaged T-800 looks more lifelike than any other non-custom collectible I've seen in that scale. Dealing with the body is a bit of a blow (and like you, I'm getting sick of posing and dealing with all the small parts), but once I have it on the shelf it's easily the best-looking piece I own.
Yeah I was going to mention this. The HT figure paint apps (and Enterbay I guess, don't know much about them) are definitely of a higher quality than equally priced statues from Sideshow and in a situation deciding between those companies I can understand people choosing the figures for that reason. Hell, that's why I went with HT's Scar instead of SS's awful attempt.

In general though I think certain people are drawn to figures more than statues just because of the posing option, even if the statue is superior in every way.

Well, as far as predator statues near hot toys price range go, I have yet to see one that is even remotely comparable in quality, let alone superior.

Well, as far as predator statues near hot toys price range go, I have yet to see one that is even remotely comparable in quality, let alone superior.

Best Predator Sideshow's done recently is the 1/5 Wolf. Unmasked sculpt is pretty good and the paint apps are... well, not impeccable but nice enough compared to the others in the line. Having that said, its MSRP is $300 and as much as HT's been pushing up their prices, Wolf 2.0 will still probably cost less.

hello i made a base for the Predator 2 collectors :=)

i think this will be not to bad to the elder , lost,shadow,.....

2.jpg
12.jpg

to German Beast...

that looks like the base from an old Halycon Predator 2 kit..so you just recasted it and put the stand holder ?

thank's man that makes me proud and give me more power to Keep on working .
if any one like to order this base pm me :=)
wanted to give you reps, but it appeared i just did it recently and cannot do that yet.
as for buying a base, i'd do that happily if you could make it smooth, detailed and copper. right now it looks like a sandy rock instead of metal.

Last edited:
i found on the flee market it was a recast base but i mold with kneed the rest and made it sharper korners .
take a look at the movie you cant see if it is cooper for me i try to make new pictures of that scene .

i can make it more smooth with the next resin is hard so i fill the surface with resin till its flatt .

Last edited:
Back