Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
1517462_10200416502774744_1763020790_n.jpg

1507652_10200416503454761_400067593_n.jpg

SCARed for life. :lol

*the pistol looks out of scale too, baby pistol? lol

it looks different from the initial photos, like they made 2 sets of heads for beta testing on the forums/social media. lolz

^

SCARed for life. :lol

*the pistol looks out of scale too, baby pistol? lol

I think your crazy about this looking like scar, but I definitely agree with you on the pistol looking small. Hot toys almost always makes their weapons a little undersized tho, so I wasn't to surprised by that. Email them and maybe they will fix it, I don't think it's to bad tho.

I think your crazy about this looking like scar, but I definitely agree with you on the pistol looking small. Hot toys almost always makes their weapons a little undersized tho, so I wasn't to surprised by that. Email them and maybe they will fix it, I don't think it's to bad tho.

I think what he meant was that they used scar 2.0 head as a base and modified it for elder 2.0.
They must have since they recycle their heads a lot and scars was the newest head.
I kinda see it in the eyebrows, forehead slightly, the eye sockets look similar too.
Still this looks awesome just as long as we get the new head and not that 1st version with missing quills.

I think what he meant was that they used scar 2.0 head as a base and modified it for elder 2.0.
They must have since they recycle their heads a lot and scars was the newest head.
I kinda see it in the eyebrows, forehead slightly, the eye sockets look similar too.
Still this looks awesome just as long as we get the new head and not that 1st version with missing quills.

I'm sure that's what ht does to start as a base to work from, but he was implying that the finished product looks like a modified scar, which I disagree with, I think he got really close to movie accuracy on this one.

I'm sure that's what ht does to start as a base to work from, but he was implying that the finished product looks like a modified scar, which I disagree with, I think he got really close to movie accuracy on this one.

I totally agree with you here. I seem to be the only new who gets fed up with the constant complaining about the smallest things.

Here is my theory...

HT already had those 2 heads finished before showing the public the Elder prototype photos.

For the first prototype they showed, HT thought if everything went well (meaning high PO's, few critics) then they'll use that head. Maybe because it was cheaper since the molds are already made and not much different from the preds before? Dunno. But I guess PO's were down because of the inaccuracies so they decided to change the 1st proto head to this new one.

Even if the figure was 100% accurate, people would still find things to complain about. Personally, I think it looks fantastic! For the first time since I started collecting I ordered 2x of the same figure! :)

With all due respect -- and I like you, man -- what have you been smoking?

1149003_10151550007367344_1228751487_n.jpg

77955_10151550007472344_1295070264_o.jpg

...and does your dealer know you're OD'ing on it?

Love the new scar, out of the 3 preds i have he's favorite. :hi5:

This pirate 2.0 is going to be my new fave though soon enough :lol
Hopes they put as much love in wolf 2.0 :pray:

Even if the figure was 100% accurate, people would still find things to complain about.
i'm so sick of that stupid, lame phrase. every time i see it, it looks like an ant suddenly came out of a group of other ants and tries to say something unique, forgetting that several millions of other ants have just done the same, including the "trying".
no mind, no brain behind the phrase, just a wish to look clever.
It's good enough though :lol
cause nothing is worse than tsang crazy cat face he mistook preds for while smoking weed :D

i'm so sick of that stupid, lame phrase. every time i see it, it looks like an ant suddenly came out of a group of other ants and tries to say something unique, forgetting that several millions of other ants have just done the same, including the "trying".
cause nothing is worse than tsang crazy cat face he mistook preds for while smoking weed :D

Ha ha! Doesn't make it any less true though. :)

Happy Holidays P.

It happens I tell ya. If the figure was 100% perfect, people like you and me would be rejoicing whilst other people would be complaining about a pistol being too small when in fact the subject in question that weilds said pistol is an oversized reptillian humanoid hunter from space. :D

Last edited:
If the figure was 100% perfect, people like you and me would be rejoicing whilst other people would be complaining about a pistol being too small :D
:lol yep.
Tho pistol is important, it must be big enough!

Last edited:

For some places smoking weed is not a crime :lol

Here is my theory...

HT already had those 2 heads finished before showing the public the Elder prototype photos.

For the first prototype they showed, HT thought if everything went well (meaning high PO's, few critics) then they'll use that head. Maybe because it was cheaper since the molds are already made and not much different from the preds before? Dunno. But I guess PO's were down because of the inaccuracies so they decided to change the 1st proto head to this new one.

Or maybe HT just used the same mold from their first old p2 elder :nana:

Back