Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

I'm wondering if they're going to be revisiting the Lost Clan Preds they did before like Gort/Guardian or Lost Hunter.

Q2-Q3, huh? That'll be a cold day in hell.

Looking at the pics more thoroughly I definitely feel the headsculpt is a step forward from the original release. The shape of the head is far more accurate, and while from the looks of it they screwed up the infamous stare he has, the old headsculpt really had a too elongated dome. All that needs fixing from here on out is the upper mandible position. Still a vast step forward and hopefully I'll be able To get a preorder in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Looking at it some more. the lower mandibles could also be raised up a little bit. The bottoms of them sit above his chin in the film and on the original figure. This gives his jawline that trademark curve that this new figure doesn't have. Should hopefully be an easy fix.

Looking at it some more. the lower mandibles could also be raised up a little bit. The bottoms of them sit above his chin in the film and on the original figure. This gives his jawline that trademark curve that this new figure doesn't have. Should hopefully be an easy fix.

Yeah I noticed that was off too and gave it some thought but I think if the top mandibles were fixed we'd still end up with a very iconic looking elder and the bottom mandibles wouldn't look out of place.

He looks great. 100% buy BUT.... those mandibles. They just recycled the classic mandibles again.

Last edited:

Joseph Tsang only knows how to sculpt two basic Predator mouth shapes.

looks good. a bit low on accessories maybe.
and the original Elder Predators are getting dumped on auctionsites it seems. I've seen quite a few of them in the last few weeks, for prices that are just above those of a new Hot Toys figure.

sidenote: what's up with those bad pictures? Not the figure, that looks great, but the pictures are way too grainy.

Q2-Q3, huh? That'll be a cold day in hell.

Yeah I noticed that was off too and gave it some thought but I think if the top mandibles were fixed we'd still end up with a very iconic looking elder and the bottom mandibles wouldn't look out of place.

He looks great. 100% buy BUT.... those mandibles. They just recycled the classic mandibles again.

HT is saving the screen accurate madibles for version 3.0.

I'm wondering if they're going to be revisiting the Lost Clan Preds they did before like Gort/Guardian or Lost Hunter.

I'd buy Guardian & Lost 2.0. but, HT needs to release WOLF next!!

HT is saving the screen accurate madibles for version 3.0.

:lol:rotfl:lol

Naw I'd bet if there were a 3.0, the one and only inaccuracy that would still remain would be the mandibles. As long as they use the same sculptor.

Am I the only one who prefers the old hs? Wonder how'd it look after swapping heads.

Everything else is awesome tho :D

I actually prefer the old hs, but still getting the new one. Have to sell the old to replace the new sadly.

And they both look unnatural. It very straight and less organic. I don't like the mandibles at all. Everything looks beautiful except the head sculpt again.

You need a bigger body like the Super pred bodies to avoid that bobble head look.
Haven't they forgotten his little jaw ring in the left mandible? And would it hurt to have an LED in the laser sight on the cannon?
I still like my old custom.
Dizzy

Am I the only one who prefers the old hs? Wonder how'd it look after swapping heads.

Everything else is awesome tho :D

I'm impartial atm. I think both have equal amounts of flaws and strong points. I also think the old headsculpt will need a heavy repaint to look good on this new figure.

Welp, another quickie to show instead of a big hi-end announcement... Nothing new.

Just rerelease P1 already, you ****ing lazy *** bastards!

Welp, another quickie to show instead of a big hi-end announcement... Nothing new.

Just release 1/4 P1 and Dutch already, you ****ing lazy *** bastards!

Fixed. :yess:

I was done with the preds, but I NEED THIS. Looks great.

:lol:lol:lol

I got into HT late and saw the original elder fetching close $800 back in the day. This is sooooo bought and welcomed, nice to know I have a chance of getting elder pred but sucks HT can potentially redo all their figures again and again and probably will. Who knows what we'll have in 5 years?

I can't stop admiring the detail... my God. It's been a while since HT's impressed me, not gonna lie. Despite my Scar's QC-related issues, I still wasn't as thrilled as I thought I'd be to open him and even their announcements from other licenses haven't wowed me like they used to. But this is something else. I thought the leap in quality from the original P2 to the new one was notable but this guy is light-years ahead of his predecessor. Hell of a figure, one that I'll be extremely hard-pressed to let go of -- unless they announce a 1/4 Elder. :pray:

PD1386912145hWn.jpg

PD13869121673GG.jpg

The thing looks ____ing real.

Back